It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinas Nuclear Submarine Attack Plans for the USA Revealed on Chinese State Run TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I honestly feel sorry for any nation who nukes another nuclear nation especially if that nation that gets nuked is America or Russia.

Retaliation would be swift, nuclear, and very destructive not only to the nation who attacked first, but also to the world due to the radioactive fallout.

Remember "M.A.D?" Mutually Assured Destruction.
edit on 1-11-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

Yes, but MAD only works when you think the other player will go through with it.

I don't think the US has ever seriously questioned that about either China or Russia, but there have been definite times in history when either or both of the others have doubted us. That's when the balance of power shifts and things get dangerous.

I know I saw something a while ago about how Russia had essentially planned to fry us and mow us over with tanks without regard for their own troops. They were just calculating when the time would be that our resolve would waver enough to let them get away with it.

This could be China thinking that Obama is the one to blink enough and let them get away with it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

Two words...

Hiroshima, Nagasaki.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   

captaintyinknots

rickymouse
I'm not close to any of those dots. That means I should worry about getting hit I guess. Chinese products are not known about their reliability. The safest place would be right where the dots are.
You confuse chinese products that are exported with those that they make for home.

There is a HUGE difference in quality.

But wouldn't these bombs qualify as being exported to the USA

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

rickymouse

captaintyinknots

rickymouse
I'm not close to any of those dots. That means I should worry about getting hit I guess. Chinese products are not known about their reliability. The safest place would be right where the dots are.
You confuse chinese products that are exported with those that they make for home.

There is a HUGE difference in quality.

But wouldn't these bombs qualify as being exported to the USA
Touche!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Ah, yes, knew that was coming up.

The nuke genie was coming out of the bottle. It was only a matter of time, all the powers were working in it. And once it was here, someone would use it. That's always the way these things go. And once you see how bad it really is, it's too late to go back and change that or put it back in the bottle. But it also doesn't stop anyone from looking for next big way to kill everyone else, either.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Yes I think we should differentiate the domestic proud of having nuclear subs and their ranges, from the real intent of Chinese leaders. They cannot win alone a WW3 with USA and they know that. The Chinese people were very proud with their first man in space, too. North Korean's Kim also published a map with targets. And I guess people in intelligences have enough such maps that would be interesting to see in public out of curiosity. One outdated Soviet map was published too. I don't think those maps and plans are workable in real case scenario.

Instead, what motivates these leaders, Putin included? He tested 4 ICBMs the day he was elected N1 on Forbes. I will bring the issue to who will first show extraterrestrials and what it is all about behind scene. Those people communicate online faster than we do in forums, and all of them speak English. They have no problem communication. So what is it the real issue between them? Because it is not the trade with China or Wallstreet money. Is it a comet approaching and not enough shelters? Is it one ET over America and another one or more elsewhere who are not friendly between themselves? Let show the cards!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ketsuko

True.

After all is said and done, a nuclear war is unwinnable..ok, it would be winnable if all the nukes were somehow smuggled into the target country, placed over or near every one of your targets nuke silos, UG bases, air bases and onto their nuke subs...and that would only happen during a war planners wet dream.

China must be feeling threatened to have pulled this. It's basically a warning to the USA that if for whatever reason we or our interests are attacked, we intend to annihilate you.

That, or they are being VERY unsubtle by saying if you decide not to pay us on the US bonds we hold, we'll send the nuclear big boys round to collect it from your arses.

That's the trouble with loan sharks..pay up or you pay up in other ways.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

FlyersFan
The thing is ... the Chinese government doesn't do anything that isn't calculated. They didn't just willy-nilly release this information to the State Run TV stations. They had a purpose. They had a message to someone. The question is .. what is the purpose and to whom were they giving a message to??

It's a classic psy-ops.

The *target* is the American population.

The message is "we are here too"

Wrabbit2000
Soooooooo..... About that ballistic missile test off the Pacific coast some time back, that no one seemed to know the origin of?

You don't think......? Nawwww... Couldn't have been... Could it?

I always thought it was a submarine missile.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Medvedev said in meeting with Chinese minister, he is not afraid of rising China.
Good said! Russia is not afraid of China, that is the truth, he didn't lie. But why should be Russia afraid of a friendly country in first place? Sino-Russian alliance grew as never before, said previous statements. SCO allied to ultimately counterweight the US influence. Why should Medvedev say that at all? Perhaps there are some rifts known only to the inner circles, that are far not only the copycat Russian jets that China started to produce on half price. If we tink realistically, in the not so far future Russia's biggest competitor will be no one else but China. They share long border, Russian resources now flow to China unlimited, Chinese migrant workers try to flood the North (South Siberia) as far as they can reach. Not to talk about the Chinese export that makes useless Putin's efforts to rise the Russian production. In geostrategic plan, if we avoid somehow WW3 between USA and Russia, China is the real competitor on the ground. China can flood Siberia at one future moment. They understand that and that's why Medvedev reasures China it is not a danger for Russia, at least not now, at least on words. Of course that is a big IF to avoid WW3 in first place. I think it will be avoided only by involving ET powers from above who will settle it. Especially if there is planetary cataclysm deadline to do so.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
All countries have plans. However, unless China can destroy the US in one hit which guarantees no response, the result would be an equally radioactive China. In fact, China would run out of nuclear warheads long before the US had even got into their stride.

China is reported to have c. 250 warheads versus upwards of 8,000 for the US.

Keep planning!

Regards

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Aren't China and Japan arguing over some islands and drilling rights, right now? If they get into it, doesn't America have to back Japan up? That could be them showing their strength tryng to warn US not to get involved..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

MysterX

China must be feeling threatened to have pulled this. It's basically a warning to the USA that if for whatever reason we or our interests are attacked, we intend to annihilate you.

"if for whatever reason"...

Like replacing the USD as the world's reserve currency, collapsing the Western world's economies.

You are correct in your conclusion, China knows how this action will force America into war, we cannot allow the USD to be replaced, or we will fall overnight.

They are warning us that they are going to follow through with the action of replacement, and if we think we can attack China to prevent them from doing so, we will be nuked.

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

That's sort of what I was thinking. It was either a signal that they intend to move in the Pacific and are warning us not to interfere and/or it was our first call from the collection agency.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000
Soooooooo..... About that ballistic missile test off the Pacific coast some time back, that no one seemed to know the origin of?

You don't think......? Nawwww... Couldn't have been... Could it?

Beat me to it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by MysterX

That's sort of what I was thinking. It was either a signal that they intend to move in the Pacific and are warning us not to interfere and/or it was our first call from the collection agency.

This is a good point.but other than nuclear annihilation. If they intend to collect dedt. It would be a double lose. Their homeland. And the ports on the west coast that they own.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Recall the Jan 2010 Los Angeles "missile", it was Chinese sub launched tracked by Point Miguel Naval Station and auto self destruct.
I worked in the place to know...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

FlyersFan

snowspirit
Strategic deterrence and second strike capability.
So in other words - they can attack back if attacked first?

Strategic deterrence .... that's the Chinese version of what Bush43 did ... strike before the other guy can. Pre-emptive strike. That's what it's called in English. At least, that's how I read that ...

Perhaps China is thinking the subs as a first strike. The flight time from a sub 200 miles off shore would be only minutes. Much too little warning for the USA to defend against. A few will get thru. What if China believed that they could hit the West coast with a few EMP's.

The whole thing would be over in 10 minutes. They believe that Obama couldn't react quickly to anything so it isn't now a matter of self-defense. China issues a PR that this strike was done for their reasons and it is now done. They go on to say that any retaliatory strikes will be met with a full launch of China's ICBM's. The Western USA is in blackout. Millions will die and millions more without immediate rescue efforts. (Sort of the thermonuclear equivalent of a wounded combatant takes many soldiers out of the fight) Even with relief efforts the USA will be knocked on its ass for decades. China's economic and military muscle will surpass the USA and then open a lead that we cannot overcome. China would probably offer to help us rebuild and incredibly the offer could be accepted.

Obama's possible decision is do I go all MAD on them and leave that as my legacy or do I swing a full relief effort into gear. He figure's that he can't be blamed for the attack, he also figures that there is glory in the relief effort with little risk of blame. In a MAD response there is plenty of blame to go around and little if any glory. I'd bet that Obama lies down and the Chinese believe that too.

Don't mean to be go'in all doom and gloom. This may be far off the mark, let each reader decide.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

paraphi
All countries have plans. However, unless China can destroy the US in one hit which guarantees no response, the result would be an equally radioactive China. In fact, China would run out of nuclear warheads long before the US had even got into their stride.

China is reported to have c. 250 warheads versus upwards of 8,000 for the US.

Keep planning!

Regards

If the Chinese launched half that total at USA ... 125 ... and only half of that got through ... 62 ... I'd reckon 62 destroyed US cities and military facilities would deal a fairly significant blow to continental USA, don't you think ?

Look at how paralysed the US response was on September 11th. Confusion reigned for an hour or two. And that attack was trivia compared to a nuclear war. Imagine if the Chinese launch a sneak attack, using cruise missiles from subs just parked off the east & west coast as an opener, with ballistic missiles as dessert. We can't even begin to imagine the chaos that would be created.

With the President, VP & House Speaker all killed in a sneak attack, with perhaps only a very modest number of warheads used, do you honestly think some general somewhere down a hole will launch a nuclear response "just like that" ?

I think he'd hesitate.

USA has never suffered area bombing of a kind that Europe has. You get to a point eventually where the morale of the people is that broken that they cease to obey instruction, they're unable to function because they've seen what the bombs do. They then concentrate more on their own survival than anything the government wants them to do. They flee the cities, for fear the bombs kill them. The war effort is nullified. The authorities lose control, the public can't be relied on, the situation breaks down. Absolute chaos is the result. Combine that chaos with the elimination of your national civilian leadership. I don't think retaliation is a certainty. I think a cease fire or extremely modest, token retaliation is as equally likely.

Once deterrence fails, there's no point in using nuclear weapons. The game is over. British leaders (Prime Minister Callaghan & Defense Minister Healey) said that had their own countries been attacked by nuclear weapons, that they'd have second thoughts about using the Bomb at all. Healey basically said "better red than dead" than retaliate ... and I assume he had pre-delegated authority to initiate British nuclear retaliation. I would suspect some in the US leadership think that way too.

62 bombs ? Try 20. That'd initiate breakdown in the USA civilian population quite comfortably.

But nothing is certain once the bombs start falling. I think the USA & China are heading for conflict. It'll be down to miscalculation on the part of the Chinese military, imho. It'll also be due to the absolute incompetence which masquerades as diplomacy at the US State Department.

I've always wondered why China has been building so many Ghost Cities in the middle of nowhere places ...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   

LeBombDiggity

If the Chinese launched half that total at USA ... 125 ... and only half of that got through ... 62 ... I'd reckon 62 destroyed US cities and military facilities would deal a fairly significant blow to continental USA, don't you think ?

So this is one of those Red Dawn scenarios where a country attacks the US and no one does anything ..Got it..I mean I know you said only 62 got through and when they did ..the US would sit there and do nothing..

I bet you follow this up with how their is some realistic tactical approach to launching a successful ground based invasion of the mainland US next.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join