It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have explorers in Ecuador found ‘Lost City of Giants'?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
SOURCES:
PART 1
PART 2
MORE with VIDEO and PICS

Pre-Inca stone tools far too large for human hands!? Newly discovered proto-pyramids (apparently with mortar)!?

Personally, I'm thinking.... well, I'm still thinking.

Howzabout Y'all?

edit on 1-11-2013 by EzekielsWheel because: layout

edit on 1-11-2013 by EzekielsWheel because: Duhhhhhhrrrr

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
That's crazy. We discover more, and more stuff every day. Very interesting Op. Tankoo for the find! S&f!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EzekielsWheel

They should get a proper research team out there with some proper tools. They're just out there hacking away at it with machetes... they could damage a cultural treasure...

And the Ecuadorian gov should jump in and set up a tourist spot and make bank on it so they can give some wealth to the countrymen.

Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Great find OP! It just goes to show, we still have MANY things left to uncover!

edit on 1-11-2013 by Lmm2004 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

They should get a proper research team out there with some proper tools. They're just out there hacking away at it with machetes... they could damage a cultural treasure...

And the Ecuadorian gov should jump in and set up a tourist spot and make bank on it so they can give some wealth to the countrymen.

Just my opinion.

But it's a great opinion!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
How did they get to this idea of it being made by giants? Because the stone blocks are 2 tons? Much heavier blocks in buildings elsewhere, and one alleged stone hammer that would be "too heavy" for the indigenous people? Really? So if in a couple of thousand years, some archeological finds a sledgehammer would he determine we were all 12 foot tall?

The finding of the structure is great, but saying it was built by giants, nowhere near enough any evidence to claim that, needs a full investigation by qualified people and a lot more study before wild claims are made.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

PrinceDreamer
How did they get to this idea of it being made by giants? Because the stone blocks are 2 tons? Much heavier blocks in buildings elsewhere, and one alleged stone hammer that would be "too heavy" for the indigenous people? Really? So if in a couple of thousand years, some archeological finds a sledgehammer would he determine we were all 12 foot tall?

The finding of the structure is great, but saying it was built by giants, nowhere near enough any evidence to claim that, needs a full investigation by qualified people and a lot more study before wild claims are made.

Agreed, I saw this a month or so ago when it was first reported. They had a few pictures, the site is totaly swallowed by the jungler and according to reports, they only found it because a section of the "hill" slid away and exposed the structure underneath. I don't see how they would be able to make a serious assertation that it was "built by giants" in that short of time.

Large tools don't equal giants, Jeez think what happens in 5000 years when someone finds grandma's large button remote. These people had 3 inch wide fingers! They must have been huge!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

EzekielsWheel
SOURCES:
PART 1
PART 2
MORE with VIDEO and PICS

Pre-Inca stone tools far too large for human hands!? Newly discovered proto-pyramids (apparently with mortar)!?

Personally, I'm thinking.... well, I'm still thinking.

Howzabout Y'all?

edit on 1-11-2013 by EzekielsWheel because: layout

edit on 1-11-2013 by EzekielsWheel because: Duhhhhhhrrrr

There is Howzabout it at all.

1st.
The two links you have provided to the two part article on Ancient origins website, is descriptive only.
The only photograph shown on the website and the main website of earth4allnet is of a ancient embankment or a natural rock formation (perhaps). There are no photographs of the large stone tools in any of the websites. The only images of the Giant's stone tools are shown at the end of the video linked.
And boy, though they are large, they can very well handled by a single person or two.

If i post a article in some site about anything, without any reports on archaeological surveys, photographs of the area, of the artifacts found, of the geological stratum of the area, wpould you blindly post it as if it the gospel????

Why don't we hear any news about the "pyramid" and the "Giants" from any proper archaeological news source??? Why is it that we get to hear about it from some websites that link everything from ancient aliens to new age metaphysical hooey???

2nd.
The video gives it all away.

The giant skeleton shown at the start of the video IS NOT REAL!!
it is claimed that the giant skeleton was excavated at Loja, Eucador.
IT IS NOT!!

The “reconstructed” skeleton of the “giant” is not located in Ecuador.
LOL!! Seriously!!

It’s a fake giant skeleton made for Erich von Däniken’s Mystery Park ancient astronaut theme park in Interlaken, Switzerland.

You can read more about it at jason Colavito's blog at

Giant Skeleton found in Eucador?? Pfaah!!
its a modern construct.
In the blog, you can see the video of the failed amusement park and as Jason has marked, at 5:45, you can see the very same skeleton.

Why was the skeleton shown at the start of the video, other than for the reason that it was falsely claimed that it was a real skeleton found in Loja, Ecuador???
Why?
They have to show some "evidence' for the existence of giants. So there was this giant skeleton. who cares if its fake and its far away in Switzerland. right???

When someone uses a fake object to justify something they think is a sensational find, there is no credibility.
Actually, there is no credibility to the news or the websites or the videos.
Bah Humbug!! New age hooey.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
No offense but that is all you have to say?

You post all that information and can't say anything more than what you did? You can't link to something from the article? You are suppose to do that anyway per ATS T&C.

What is it with good titles having so little to open with.

This is an interesting topic but you should really post more from the 3 sources and maybe give your opinion besides just thinking.

Personally I think giants did walk the earth and their existence is being covered up.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Why don't we hear any news about the "pyramid" and the "Giants" from any proper archaeological news source??? Why is it that we get to hear about it from some websites that link everything from ancient aliens to new age metaphysical hooey???

Most people are smart enough to take the artistic nature of man into account. Maybe the hammer was a display piece, maybe it was an idealization, maybe maybe maybe........

Like I said this site was only discovered a few months ago as far as I know. No one worth listening to is going to have solid conclusions on a brand new site of a new style of architecture, buried under a foot or so of dirt in a difficult environment in that time frame.

Unless they find burials of skeletons on excess of 8ft tall, and alot of them, I don't think giants likely had anything to do with it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Actually, they do link to (some) pictures on the original website. Also one of the stone tools.

Other than that: I have to follow you in (part of) your opinion of it lacking credibility. Although I would not go so far as to call this a natural rockformation.

Actually I find it an interesting site, more archaeological news on it would be appreciated. But seems non-existent as of yet.

edit on 1/11/13 by Movhisattva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Based on the information released about the site, it is most likely a real find and is worth following, but keep a few things in mind:

1. The only "excavated" area is the one small side that you see the pictures of.

2. There are many "hills" in the area which are now ASSUMED to be pyramidal structures, but the claims of pyramids can not be confirmed since the orginal "pyramid" is just a half exposed mound, and may not turn out to be a pyramid at all, who knows.

3. There are only 2 proper researchers on this site currently as far as I know, as the exact location is being kept secrete.

We have not seen any aerial photos or large scale photos of the site, no doubt it's a difficult thing to do. The "pyramid" is assumed and although we find pyramids on nearly every continent on earth, it's still an assumption at this point. Also the use of mortar suggest this site may not be nearly as old as they may hope. Im not trying to discredit this great find, but alittle perspective and a reality check seem to be in order, before it becomes the Ecuadorian flying Vimana of the giant nibiruians

Can someone search for the original thread that was posted here on ATS a few weeks back? My search function is disabled at work.
edit on 1-11-2013 by vind21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by vind21

When you get the evidence video starting with the pics of a hoax giant skeleton (supposedly excavated in Loja, Ecuador, but actually constructed in Switzerland at Daniken's failed amusement park)

and with websites with captions like

Pyramids of the Anunnaki Giants?

and descriptions like

Sounds more like a visitation from a race of extraterrestrials with advanced technology than some kind of insane local building project, especially when we consider the weight of some of the blocks, almost 200 tonnes. How can we readily credit a supposed primitive technology with easily working with gigantic blocks, that even today would be almost impossible to work with for a building construction?

Why do I jump straight to the Anunanki, you may well ask, after all this is the Amazon not Sumeria. There are several good reasons for my leap, the first is that we have evidence of giants in a pyramid city located next to a source of gold, this fits the Anunanki legends. The second reason for my intuitive leap is that elsewhere in Ecuador, in fact not so very far from this actual ruin, there have been found a number of objects decorated with images of Sumerian deities or even engraved with Sumerian writing , known today as the Father Crespi collection for the keeper of these objects. The location from which these objects came was said by the local Shuar tribe to be a cave system known as the Tayos Caves, which contained not only these relics in precious metals, but also supposedly a hall of records made up of engraved gold sheets called the metal libary

All above quotes from
earth4all.net...

What credibility can anyone with an analytical mind expect????

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Here's the video. It will be interesting to see how this turns out since there is the local foklore about giant figures. I wonder what the stone 'hammer' was used for, grain maybe? I can't see it being much use for whacking a nail in.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I don't think they mentioned the actual weight of one of the hammers.

Reminded me of something I read the other day. About Sultan Murad IV, in the 1600's:

A panopoly of badass # that included a custom-made rifled musket with a laser sight, flash/sound suppressor, and ACOG scope, an Odysseus-grade longbow, a 130-pound steel mace, and a massive broadsword that weighed in at 110 pounds.

Sultan Murad IV

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
love to see stories like this.. its just a shame a little more effort wasn't put into making the thread.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Believe it or not...

Some will say the stones are "Natural"...

edit on 1-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: phrase fix

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Bleeeeep

Just my opinion.

Absolutely, get a real team in there and pull the hacks trying to tie this in with Annunaki out before this turns into another Bosnian Pyramid scenario where a bunch of people who have no business running a dig site destroy real evidence by mistake in the stampede to prove aliens did it. They have already decided that nearby hills are also likely pyramids based on their height and proximity so its just a matter of time before they start hacking the jungle into oblivion while simultaneously obliterating any real archaeological evidence. I don't necessarily agree with turning it into a tourist trap though. Becoming a world heritage site if it turns out to be a pre-Inca structure would certainly be in order though.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Hi all,

Well I thought I would brave a response to this thread as the author of the articles on my website Earth4All.net

Firstly thank you for this thread and for discussing this important find, many good comments and some very sensible criticisms. My articles were deliberately specultauve and controversial, why? Because nobody has heard of this site and by making grand statements about it (possible ones but equally possibly wrong ones) was the most likely way to get some attention to the site. Keep in mind that it was known about for at least 18 months and had gained zero exposure before I claimed it was connected to giant Anunnaki and titled my articles and videos in a eye grabbing format. I do personally suspect a connection to these legendary beings but I would be much more cautious about my statements were I merely an interested spectator rather than the only researcher near the place and the best hope to get serious attention to the place before it is robbed blind and blown to bits by treasure hunters. The ends justify the means in my opinion and I am willing to take the flak I will bring on myself for the rash statements.

Thanks to these articles and the video there is now the offer of real experts to come in and examine the site, some of the big named megalith and giant researchers want to come and also several archaeologists and anthropologists. In the 18 months since I had heard about this place zero had happened, in the week since I decided to get involved we now have the possibility of real research happening. We are also in contact with a very senior members of the Ministry of Culture, a relative of my wife, and he is extremely grateful to us as he can now begin the process of ensuring protection for the site - which he suspects, as do we, is probably being robbed blind at present. We have never been there and have never touched any artefacts - but we do intend to apply for a permit with his help so we can at least go and film the area and get the GPS location for a contact willing to arrange satellite imaging, this will let us know the real extent of the site, both above and below ground.

I accept that my articles deserve criticism, but I think most of you will appreciate what I have done later if it saves this site and brings about a real investigation. I am a supernatural researcher and general student of world mysteries, this site is beyond my skills and needs relevant experts to come in quickly. Any future articles from me will be more conservative and balanced now that I have at least woken people up to this place existing.

P.s. I have already notified the Royal Geographical Society and UN World Heritage and am taking advice from a highly respected anthropologist with respect to how to progress, along with working directly with the Culture Ministry guidance.

Kind regards

Bruce Fenton
www.Earth4All.net
www.2012Rising.com
edit on 1/11/2013 by BruceF because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by BruceF

Well Bravo good sir!
Hopefully this place isnt looted to bad and some real answer can be found as to the origins of these builders. If your belief and desire to connect this site to others is the thing that save it, then right or wrong you still served a service and did more for this place then many others.

Our beliefs are one of the many tools we have in this world. They can lead us to accomplish many wonder full things. Look at medicine, up until the last century or two treatments came and went and most of its was based off of guesses and beliefs. Only through those avenues have we reached were we are right now. So for the bashing you will likely recieve here for your beliefs, I say let them serve you the best they can.

Although I have a feeling you have a tough skin.

edit on 1-11-2013 by CitizenJack because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join