It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting Incident Prompts Evacuation Of Terminal 3 At LAX

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikeultra

Look at those weapons you listed, actually studied them, and tell me the similarities between all of them.

I know gun laws, believe me. I'm an arms dealer.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

olliemc84

Mikeultra

olliemc84

Mikeultra
One point I would like to make is that CNN is saying the rifle used is an AR-15 of course, the dreaded AR-15. In both California and N.J. it is illegal to purchase or possess an AR-15. So where did the gun come from? Thin air or left over from Fast and Furious? He couldn't have flown to California with the gun, and couldn't buy it in California. It will be interesting to hear the origin of this gun.

You are completely wrong.

NJ residents can purchase and possess AR-15s. As long as they are NJ State Compliant.

The same goes for California and it's compliant versions.

Really? I know someone that has one and I was told by him it wasn't. Are you referring to a 10 round magazine?
It's not the 1st time I've been wrong.

edit on 1-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: ?

Legal magazine capacity in NJ is 15.

NJ AR 15s can't have folding or collapsable stocks, bayonet lugs, or flash suppressors and max cap of 15.

It's legal to own, with and FID card, but good luck finding one on a shelf.

I live here and I don't even know the law. Oh well. There's really nowhere to go shoot one anyway, if I could afford one. I might be thinking back to the Florio era. It was a dismal time back then. Thanks for setting me right.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

olliemc84

Look at those weapons you listed, actually studied them, and tell me the similarities between all of them.

I'm going to just take a guess and say they they're all black! I don't know by just reading the names what the actual similarities are.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Better picture of the weapon used.

media2.s-nbcnews.com...;380;7;70;0.jpg

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   

JBA2848
Better picture of the weapon used.

media2.s-nbcnews.com...;380;7;70;0.jpg

404'd

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Mikeultra

olliemc84

I'm going to just take a guess and say they they're all black! I don't know by just reading the names what the actual similarities are.

They all have flash suppressors or muzzle brakes, bayonet lugs, collapsable or folding stocks, or have high capacity magazines.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I was looking for a photo of the rifle, and this NBC story has a pretty clear photo
Gunman opens fire at LAX, killing TSA worker and wounding others

The photo shows a Smith and Wesson M&P15 "Optic Ready" model AR.

It has an A2 flash hider so it is most likely the California Compliant variant sold with a bullet button.

If it was from NJ, it would have a "target crown" which is a plain barrel end, no threading or muzzle device. The stock would be hard to tell from photo but in NJ it is pinned all the way extended, while the Cali model is adjustable. A bullet button as used for the Cali model would be pretty hard to tell from this exact photo, as it is a small extension to the magazine release button that isnt clear in that photo. If it has a normal magazine release then it is safe to assume the rifle was not sold in California either. That or it was modified and the bullet button was removed and replaced with a normal mag release

Here is the official Smith and Wesson links
Model sold in California
Model M&P15ORC - Compliant Fixed Magazine & Bullet Button®

Model sold in NJ
Model M&P15ORC Rifle, Fixed Stock

edit: if this info has already been posted I apologize, I only skimmed last few pages.
edit on 2-11-2013 by ljcsponger87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Agit8dChop
yet another gun crime in the USA where innocent people are slaughtered..

.. and you still argue you don't have a gun problem.

If I placed a gun on my front porch and left it there for a few days I don't think it would kill anyone. Just my take on it though.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I've been comparing and contrasting sources mentioning the materials recovered.

This source apparently, if not mistaken, they found "NOW" not "NWO", saying it's for "New World Order"?

The note ended with the letters "NOW," which law enforcement believes refers to "New World Order."
ABC Local

Was it NOW or NWO?

Sources also added that the note was signed with the letters 'NWO' which stands for 'New World Order'.
Daily Mail

Signed, as in by his name or as his signature? Why would he sign NWO, or NOW as mentioned above?

Why would he have that on him, why would he have a note about killing TSA-Included Note Targeting ‘TSA and Pigs’?

Suicide "by cop" intent hints or planted material? Confusion from investigation or reports?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I suppose this is just an unrelated coincidence...

youtu.be...
edit on 1122013 by Gtr003121 because: Failed Embed

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Gtr003121

Attempting an assist...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SkyLiner

Awesome, thank you!

Like the user name too!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
they had to shutdown the whole airport for this?...and by 10 pm pst they still hadn't done enough investigation for that particular terminal and it was still shut down?...I think these cops have seen too many "DIE HARD" movies, where twenty of thirty highly trained eastern European terrorists fully armed with every imaginable type of weapon and explosive, storm some public building, and stay there to fight it out in one long ongoing battle....
with each one of these, I feel it's starting to look like deputy barney fife of the "mayberry" TV show of the 1950's and 1960's is running these operations...."JUST LET ME LOAD MY ONE BULLET INTO MY GUN ANDY" .....I saw probably hundreds of law enforcement guys in all those various overhead shots JUST STANDING AROUND!!
even if they are there because they need to fully search for others that may be hiding, then START SEARCHING AND GET IT OVER WITH!!
jesus, I get my house robbed, and they say they can't come out because they say my life isn't being immediately threatened, and they are too busy with serious crimes, and then time after time, I see these situations where every cop in the city gets a woody from hauling out his ar-15 from the trunk, dressed up in full tacts, standing around for hours on end, and bulls**ting with the other cops.
and what's with the dozen of so pumpers and ladder firetrucks, the airport has some of the best fire equipment of any city....ok....that's my rant

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I posted this on the other thread but I'll post it here too for those interested ...

Todays newspaper states that the shooter (Paul Anthony Ciancia, 23,) was a graduate from the high school that is down the road and around the corner from us - Salesianum School . He graduated in 2008 from there. It's an excellent school. I know bunches of folks who send their kids there.

NY Daily News

Ciancia graduated in 2008 from the all-boys Catholic Salesianum School in Wilmington, Del. A classmate called him a loner and a victim of bullying.

“In four years, I never heard a word out of his mouth,” David Hamilton, who graduated with Ciancia, told the Los Angeles Times. “He kept to himself and ate lunch alone a lot. I really don’t remember any one person who was close to him.”

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

ljcsponger87
I was looking for a photo of the rifle, and this NBC story has a pretty clear photo
Gunman opens fire at LAX, killing TSA worker and wounding others

The photo shows a Smith and Wesson M&P15 "Optic Ready" model AR.

It has an A2 flash hider so it is most likely the California Compliant variant sold with a bullet button.

If it was from NJ, it would have a "target crown" which is a plain barrel end, no threading or muzzle device. The stock would be hard to tell from photo but in NJ it is pinned all the way extended, while the Cali model is adjustable. A bullet button as used for the Cali model would be pretty hard to tell from this exact photo, as it is a small extension to the magazine release button that isnt clear in that photo. If it has a normal magazine release then it is safe to assume the rifle was not sold in California either. That or it was modified and the bullet button was removed and replaced with a normal mag release

Here is the official Smith and Wesson links
Model sold in California
Model M&P15ORC - Compliant Fixed Magazine & Bullet Button®

Model sold in NJ
Model M&P15ORC Rifle, Fixed Stock

edit: if this info has already been posted I apologize, I only skimmed last few pages.
edit on 2-11-2013 by ljcsponger87 because: (no reason given)

Thanks for posting those 2 links! Could you or anyone explain what is about the California compliant guns button release extension for the magazine being different from the N.J. compliant version? I can't see the difference when comparing the photos. Is the extended button release meant to prevent insertion of 2 magazines taped together back to back? Also if anyone knows what was the normal prices for these rifles prior to the current agenda to get them banned again by these orchestrated HSEEP exercise/drills?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Gtr003121

youtu.be...

Excellent catch! Downloaded that one for future reference. I also noticed the odd use of wheelchairs again. Why not drive the ambulance as close to where the victim is? Where else was the wheelchair phenomena so prevalent? I know where it was, this is a quiz for others. It was where that certain WMD-CST unit was when they proved that they shouldn't be axed as planned. I also noticed that this photo of a walking wounded TSA agent/actor appears to have been prepared for his scene and dropped off in the van with his handlers.

What is wrong with the guy in the wheelchair with the red red jacket? I thought all the victims were the brave TSA?
Who is this actor? Why the wheelchairs, aren't ambulances mobile? So obvious these HSEEP productions are! Why is the fireman telling them to hold position? Why?

edit on 2-11-2013 by Mikeultra because: ???

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Fixed magazine means it has a frame mounted magazine, non detachable, that only holds 10 rounds. which would mean the other magazine in the picture was only window dressing.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Mikeultra

Thanks for posting those 2 links! Could you or anyone explain what is about the California compliant guns button release extension for the magazine being different from the N.J. compliant version? I can't see the difference when comparing the photos. Is the extended button release meant to prevent insertion of 2 magazines taped together back to back? Also if anyone knows what was the normal prices for these rifles prior to the current agenda to get them banned again by these orchestrated HSEEP exercise/drills?

CA AR's cant have a magazine that can be removed without the use of a "tool" so the mag release button is replaced with a recessed "button".

You cant reach up and drop a mag with your index finger. You have to have a "tool" that reaches into the indentation and activates a smaller button. Sort of like the hidden reset button on a router.

The most commonly used tool to accomplish this is the head of a bullet. A ring is available that has a little spike on it is another popular option.

Of course anyone at any time can swap out the stupid bullet button with a real mag release button in 2 minutes but that would be illegal and nobody planning on shooting up an airport would want to be caught with an illegally modified rifle.

Here is the CA compliant flow chart: large PDF if you really want to know all that Californian gun owners have to put up with.

Some other CA fun links: Popular but fugly stock option to get around the pistol grip ban
The "bullet button"

It sucks to be a gun owner in CA. The whole state hates you while they coddle and care for the Crips and Bloods and MS13 and the Nortenos and on and on who murder at will with whatever they want to. But you're just some guy who wants to sport shoot on the weekends? Well # you and get out of CA!!!

It's such an awful state. No redeeming qualities. But I digress.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Lono1

Fixed magazine means it has a frame mounted magazine, non detachable, that only holds 10 rounds. which would mean the other magazine in the picture was only window dressing.

Thank you. So then it would appear that this gun was not sold in California to an ordinary citizen. And it would be difficult to buy that online and have it shipped to a FFL dealer in California, correct? Because the magazine is not fixed? What does the magazine capacity appear to be in that "evidence" photo? Is that a 30 round? The single round placed there looks staged too!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Thank you for those links. So does that mean the gun in the "evidence" photo is not California compliant because of the pistol grip?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join