It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

Based on some recent information all of this is tied closer than I expected.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Bigburgh

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for the link..as the thread goes on.. I find that meteor interesting that it didn't have a tail....we know about the x37b.... was this what crashed to not allow no one in the area? Did a space platform attack it! Thanks again..looking up crashes in nm only brought me to a predator drone. But what's being described by your link to black horizon. Was black and so secret that airspace is shut down for a month. Plot thickens more.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

I CAN say it was NOT the X-37 in that thread, but not much more.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

It's not TECHNICALLY a space plane, so it doesn't violate the treaty.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

SR 71 had varable inlets - a movable aerospike allowed engines to operate in Turbojet mode at lower speed

As speed increased the aerospike was moved back (IIRC ?) to allow engines to operate as a ramjet. The high spped
compressing the air as it entered engine.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Zaphod58

Maybe this post by intelgurl has something to do with the 72?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

I forgot all about that one. Still not sure what it is, but it could have been a subscale test article of this.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Pause this at 1:46

'Prompt Global Strike' - Lockheed Video - Now isn't it interesting that its no longer under 'Top Secret Development' but can be freely touted. Nicely.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-11-2013 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

kingofyo1

Zaphod58

That was my next jump...clearly folks in that thread were biting their lips with excitement.... even zaph..

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

MystikMushroom

Zaphod58
reply to post by kingofyo1

The SR-71 went public very quickly, as did both the -117 and B-2. We lost a large number of people to the -117 program around 82-83, and it was public by 86. The B-2, was public from first flight.

It seems whenever a project goes public, they retire it pretty fast.

If they potentially have had this sucker for a while now, what in the world has it been up to? If it's been several years now, it's beyond testing and should be operational.

Not true.....

SR 71 was in operation for 25 years, until early 1990's, after LBJ outed it in the 1960's

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by firefight

That caused quite a few problems for then too with unstarts. Turned a classy lady into a bucking bronco.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Bigburgh

kingofyo1

Zaphod58

That was my next jump...clearly folks in that thread were biting their lips with excitement.... even zaph..

You know if intelgurl and zaph get excited about something, then its damn important!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I'm not positive what it is, but I believe I have at least some clues to it.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Astr0
Pause this at 1:46

'Prompt Global Strike' - Lockheed Video - Now isn't it interesting that its no longer under 'Top Secret Development' but can be freely touted. Nicely.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 1-11-2013 by Astr0 because: (no reason given)

Good catch.. it appears to be the SR-72

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Really wishing I had YT access at work :'( Would you be able to freeze frame and upload to the site for me to see?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well the thread addressed it was from another base. Not Holaman afb. So they broke one great prototype...or there are more...oh baby!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

kingofyo1

Really wishing I had YT access at work :'( Would you be able to freeze frame and upload to the site for me to see?

My tablet has limited capabilities.....give me a few mins. I'll be back.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

That is one of the things I won't say. Go read the thread, there are clues as to the what. Don't worry about the why, you'll never figure it out. But the clues are there.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sammamishman
reply to post by Zaphod58

Lucky for me I'll have lots of time next week (working 2am -2pm at work) to search for that were they "shouldn't" be.

Nothing really scratches the itch like honest to goodness field work. It's great that you're in the area. I hope you'll keep us posted on your findings.

And when your off-line activities allow time for some online endeavors you might want to take the broad view. I've found that ATS can definitely be your friend when it comes to connecting the dots and seeing the bigger picture as seemingly unrelated items and topics seem to magically coalesce...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Some of the most interesting things I've learned in the last couple of years have come as a result of ATS. Someone saying something that seemed innocuous at the time that later connects all the dots and paints the picture.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join