It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

I'll bet that hanger built at Groom in 2007 could fit 2-3 of them.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Zaphod58
The technology used here clears up some questions I had about some other things I've heard over the last year or so (before you ask, No, I won't say what, but if you look really hard you might find it). It's amazing how that one thing takes a murky picture and suddenly makes it clearer.

Bigburgh
Lol..if you mean people posting photos from weather satellites of a high altitude craft leaving a contrail out of the NV. Desert headed north east. Then yes that murky picture.. otherwise...not sure of what you're saying.. and glad folks trust you..

Well, there was an interesting military "non-incident / accident" in western NM about a week ago...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

So much more interesting than you know.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by Riffrafter

So much more interesting than you know.

If the clue fits, wear it...so to speak...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Oh boy....I love it when the plot thickens.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Oh god this is killing me...I clearly missed an important thread..
Only other thing more interesting... is area 51 existence being admitted.

And you are not one for sure to state claims of little green men.. so I'll just pay more attention to aviation news.

And those hangers at area 51 I assumed were for stealth blimps...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
How far into space can this airplane go, if I still can call it airplane?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

I'm seriously wondering if this is what Zaphod was referring to with his recent comments about interconnectivity of events?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

I haven't finished all of the article yet, because I'm having to read on breaks, and that's a lot to digest, but I would say probably like the X-15, it approaches the demarcation line without actually entering space. It would have to have a source of air for the engines to function.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
If they do have 2-3 of them, are they actually using them in combat? I mean, wouldn't we be hearing reports of amazing damage done by some unseen craft? Or do they just build these things, test and train on them -- then build the next thing?

I mean, before the Nighthawk went public, what in the world was it doing?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 0bserver1

Depends on your definition of space, but about 100km.

The most commonly accepted boundary of space... as defined by the World Air Sports Federation.... is something called the 'Kármán line', 100 kilometres above Earth's mean sea level.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Couldn't they put a rocket engine on that sucker, get right up to the line and fire it up for a final "push" into LEO? That thing looks almost like some of space planes rumored to be in the works.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Sammamishman

There are a few others too. Not all where they "should" be, which is your only hint.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Possible.......Zaph?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I'm just wondering, as a space-plane, one that's capable of actioning target strikes, how close is this to violating the ban on space-based weapons treaty?

Outer Space Treaty

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:40 PM
link   

CallYourBluff
Yay, more war machines. USA USA USA.

Oh well maybe we should just ignore improved technology that strengthens our Military for the coming conflict with Red China? ~$heopleNation

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

Prior to Panama (where they hit EXACTLY what they were aiming for, contrary to reports), the Nighthawk crews were building the Stealth Doctrine. No one had ever used it before, so they had to write the book from scratch, as well as learn early what it could and couldn't do.

As for this being in combat, no reason for it to be. It's a low threat environment that the Predator and Reaper handle with ease.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Lucky for me I'll have lots of time next week (working 2am -2pm at work) to search for that were they "shouldn't" be.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Been reports of mysterious sonic booms along coast of California

Possible these been test flights over the Pacific where can crank it up to full speed.......

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join