It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is the amazing Lockheed Martin SR-72—the space Blackbird

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I'm not rushing to belief either just based on little bits of information. I'm going on information by Intelgurl, as well as other sources not normally available.

They could easily get them there partially disassembled, in a C-5, just like how the U-2 and other projects got there. Then you have a small workforce required to be there, instead of the workforce required to build them. It's not that you could tell the workers to build it there from the regular workers, it's the fact that if you suddenly have an extra 200 workers out there, it's a huge clue that SOMETHING is going on. If you build them at Plant 42, it's a normal day, then one night a C-5 lands at Groom, and is gone a couple hours later, no one the wiser (or at least a tiny number of people, and it could be anything).

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   

They can get pieces of the aircraft in a C-5 and fly it there.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Unfortunately I missed the entire broadcast of ATS Live ... Catching the very end right now, so did you get in the chat?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

I would love to get my hands on those ample nacelles if you catch my drift...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HoboHumpinSloboBabe

LOL nice one babe!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kingofyo1

Yeah, they actually moved the segment around to accommodate my schedule tonight.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

ah sweet! what were the points of conversation brought up you answered?? Just wondering, will listen to it when they release the whole podcast afterwards

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Mostly details about the aircraft in general, and them trying to get a little bit out of me on some things that I know.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   

haha of course they were! well i'll be listening to it on the replay

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

And there's still the question of a working engine - given the lack of any hint of a working scramjet from anywhere in the world let alone one that is integrated with a turbine engine as is required for this.

Except it uses a ramjet - not a scramjet.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

I've heard that lasers and Bose-Einstein condensates make for an interesting combo...and when you mix that with the Zel'dovich time-reversed photon trick, well...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by ItDepends

It was actually up for the PAK-DA competition that recently ended, for their new bomber as well.

If you are referring to the Russian bomber rendering posted in error that's not correct. It was widely reported as a Pak Da design but is, in fact, a very very old design, Circa 1968, that lost out to the Myasischev proposal that was developed into the Tu-160 Blackjack, after Myasischev had the design taken away from them.

Here is a cutaway for it I've had for maybe 20 years;

edit on 3-11-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

The Donuts on a rope effect as proof of Aurora is one of the biggest red herrings on the internet. Every donuts on a rope contrail I've ever seen, and have seen pictures of, were just normal airliner contrails distorted by the wake vortex when they persisted.

Someone once posted me a picture of such a thing as ' proof' of Aurora. I watched and photographed a BAE 146 and a Boeing 747 fly overhead, waited a few minutes and photographed the exact same 'donuts on a rope' effect from both of them.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Cyril, I thought I told you -- the per diem goes into my Liechtenstein account, not my one in the Azores! You can never trust island people...

OT: Sorry to hear you got shuffled around Zaph. If I were you, I'd have a Darth Vader voice-changer. I think most of ATS would expect it, given your avatar.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by intrepid

This one was first rumored to be ready to fly several years ago (around 2007 going by Natalie's post).

So the 2018 is pure BS to keep people off the scent.

indeed... the 2018 date is to help pad the defense budget and the anticipated expenses... the official statement of the projected roll-out and testing is just propaganda for public consumption so the sheeple will be pleased to see another high tech program succeed

i recall that Popular Mechanics & Popular Science were two magazines that allowed the public to peek-behind-the-curtain... what do the puppeteers use now...besides the DARPA Program ?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

Thanks, a couple of places had it listed as a new design. My bad.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

No worries pal. This one and an even earlier one from 1958 regularly surface as advanced modern concepts posted on the internet, and to be fair they do kinda look the part, despite Their age.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by waynos

It isa pretty design. Too bad it never flew

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
The British are years ahead with Skylon

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ziplock9000

I wouldn't put money on that. Even though Skylon, and especially its predecessor the BAe HOTOL, were extremely similar in concept and the engines were, I believe, patented by Rolls Royce thirty years ago. I actually wonder if there was any Rolls Royce/BAE involvement or technology transfer with the SR-72? If we went for a race, it would be one we couldn't win due to resources alone.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join