It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So... um... boo?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hello ATS

I have been a lurker for many years. So often I have wanted to post something but... er... didn't have an account and so though "ah, what the heck" and kept it to myself. Until now... Today I decided it was time to start inflicting my opinion on you. So I have created an account (a 'ghost account', maybe).

I don't know how much or how regularly I will post but, for what it's worth, here's some stuff about me:

I am really very deeply interested in the eternal questions about why we are really here, how life came to be as it is and what it all means. Thought I very much do take a "spiritual" approach to all this, in questing after the ever elusive answers to these questions, I find I often stray into areas covered by "conspiracy theories". To give but one example: I come to believe in the "ancient alien" hypothesis as one part of the picture of how humanity evolved. I am consequently interested to know if we are still being "visited"... are the "seeds" planted so long ago being watched to see how they grow? And so I find myself in "UFO" territory. There are many similar examples. I'll offer one more. I do believe that there are ancient bloodlines: families that go back to before recorded history that have always had great power. I believe these children of these bloodlines are now still the "masters" of this planet. In terms of wealth and temporal power, anyway. And so I find myself delving into the "illuminati" type info. There are, as I say, many such examples.

I talk about "beliefs". To me these are the ideas that arise as I look around myself and do research. This is what "seems to be true" to me for now. I am most certainly not dogmatic about this stuff. So you won't find me so much "defending a position" as interestedly querying someone else's position.

What I do most powerfully come to see is that all of life is really just a matter of perspective. And someone else's position is probably just as valid as mine. If I spent time standing in their shoes, I'd probably feel as they do. So there really is no point for me in taking either an extreme "sceptic" or "true believer" approach on anything. But I have not issue that others do. It just seems to me though that either of those positions will create more discomfort in the psyche that is really necessary. but that's just me!

And that's also enough of a mental meandering for now.

Bottom line: Hello ATS, I'm here now and I'm looking forward to the occasional chat with some of you...

All the best,
The Bootifool

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Bootifool!

For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send and receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send and receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with the plethora of information provided below:

Terms and Conditions

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

General ATS Discussion Etiquette

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Feel free to ask any questions you may have. In the meantime, kick your feet up, have a look around and enjoy your stay.

BoneZ,
ATS Moderator

edit on 1-11-2013 by _BoneZ_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Bootifool

Welcome new one. I am glad you decided to join and I hope you enjoy your stay.
I still lurk and just read but it sure is fun!!
Have some welcome fruit cheesecake....

See ya around
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

oooh... fruit cheescake! For me? How did you know I'd be dropping in today?

Wait... are you psychic?

Ohhhh... now waitaminnit... ARE YOU WATCHING ME?!?

LOL, thanks for the welcome Natalia!

link   

Sounds good! See you around! (that's about all I can think of right now ...had a Ruff night/early morn)

link   

Sounds good! See you around! (that's about all I can think of right now ...had a Ruff night/early morn)

Crap! I'm seeing double!!

Have fun..
edit on 1-11-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by RUFFREADY

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? Now I am seeing double too! Is this contagious?

Don't have anything more imaginative to answer with than that. So... um... thanks for the welcome!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Bootifool
reply to post by natalia

oooh... fruit cheescake! For me? How did you know I'd be dropping in today?

Wait... are you psychic?

Ohhhh... now waitaminnit... ARE YOU WATCHING ME?!?

LOL, thanks for the welcome Natalia!

I don't creep and watch new members....I only creep and watch older members....

*mad scientist laughter* mwahahahahahaha

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Welcome!!
Have fun!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Bootifool
reply to post by RUFFREADY

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? Now I am seeing double too! Is this contagious?

Don't have anything more imaginative to answer with than that. So... um... thanks for the welcome!

Be around me and it is (contagious), see you around !

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Welcome to the family. Glad to have you. Take your shoes off, pull up a comfy chair and sit a spell. Hope you enjoy participating in the discussions.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Welcome to the community! I enjoyed reading your intro, take your shoes off and stay a while!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by _BoneZ_

BoneZ, I see I did not thank you for the welcome and all the useful links. So... THANK YOU!!! :-)

reply to post by denyego26
And also thank you to deyego for the kind welcome.

reply to post by Iamschist

reply to post by ValentineWiggin

Iamschist... is that Mr Schist himself? Weren't you featured in a famous book once? Umm... I seem to recall it had miracles. Turning granite into soapstone and feeding the multitude on 5 chunks of igneous rock or something along those lines? But I might be confusing you with someone else...

Either way, since you and Valentine have BOTH instructed to me remove my shoes I have felt compelled to comply. I think I am going to invest in a specially soft and fluffy set of ATS-visiting slippers. Perhaps little pink bunnies. With a tinfoil cap each.

Thank you muchly for both of your welcomes!

The Bootifool

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Welcome! My kind of member!

I have many threads up about your interests; so do a lot of other members. Enjoy the ride, and I look forward to seeing you on the threads.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I enjoyed your intro and would like to save this post to come back with something more thoughtful.

I must go find "How to Train your Dragons", so for now, welcome.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
How bad is this? I haven't been wathcing my own intro thread. And as a result I find I have been rude. So allow me to rectify matters...

reply to post by sled735

Hello Sled. Thank you so much for the welcome! Yours is certainly one of the names I recognise from lurking. We'll no doubt meet on the boards!

reply to post by Rosinitiate

Hi Rosinitiate

Thank you too for the welcome.

In my experience "he who controls the charcoal briquettes, controls the dragons". Once they understand that you have an actual supply of these crunchy treats you'll have them flying skywheels for you. But be warned... if you give them too many they do get gas. And the last time that happened it was measured on the next town's seismometer!

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Welcome

Good on ya for finally signing up.

Dont eat all that cheesecake I WANT SOME.

posted on Nov, 26 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by restless genius

Greetings Mr Genius. Do help yourself... plenty cheesecake to go around. Say... I think I have met a family member of yours... Insane Genius?

:-)

Thank you for the welcome,
Bootifool

top topics

join