It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Mind the Matrix of All Matter?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
In the Wikipedia article on Max Planck (1858 - 1947), he is quoted as saying in a speech in Italy in 1944 that the mind is the matrix of all matter. Although the article includes the quote as indicating Planck's religious belief, I think the quote can be taken as a scientific hypothesis as well.

Are there experiments that have been done that could relate to this idea - that mind, or consciousness, is the matrix of all matter?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Mary Rose
In the Wikipedia article on Max Planck (1858 - 1947), he is quoted as saying in a speech in Italy in 1944 that the mind is the matrix of all matter. Although the article includes the quote as indicating Planck's religious belief, I think the quote can be taken as a scientific hypothesis as well.

Are there experiments that have been done that could relate to this idea - that mind, or consciousness, is the matrix of all matter?

Max Planck was a very interesting guy. Absolutely brilliant and I believe his work will be the basis/foundation for future amazing discoveries and breakthroughs in the quantum world.

Planck Space (or the void which binds as author Dan Simmons calls it in his novel Hyperion) still holds many mysteries. I love that description, btw....

So what lives or exists in the "space between spaces"?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mary Rose

"Are there experiments that have been done that could relate to this idea - that mind, or consciousness, is the matrix of all matter?"

You might find this interesting pertaining to your question, i'm not advocating its credibility/validity however.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.weirdus.com...

There essentially claiming they have a device/chair capable of altering reality/manifesting different timelines/creating demons of the mind(Like the one from Forbidden planet) etc.
edit on 1-11-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

I've heard of the Planck length, but not Planck space.

I've heard the Planck length referred to as the smallest thing the universe does.
edit on 11/01/13 by Mary Rose because: Make a correction

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

I believe there is advanced technology that those who have participated in black projects know about, but because of the secrecy involved it's very hard to discuss.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Connected to the matrix like one part of the whole not the whole itself. It is like software in a computer accessing the internet. The part can connect to every other part and get information but it is not the whole internet even if it can access it.

Play around with the third eye and you will be able to access information. Most people keep their mind offline from the internet.

Not sure but this might be a holographic reality?

edit on 1-11-2013 by LittleByLittle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Yes, Experiments have been done to support this theory:

Young's quantum exponential Light Experiment.

Dr Quantum - Double Slit Experiment
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfPeprQ7oGc
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Great thread... It's fascinating stuff....

Seems that manifesting reality via intention is not limited by the "arrow" of time and/or entropy.

Retrocausality demonstrated with quantum entanglement.

Now retrocausation has been demonstrated by scientists studying quantum entanglement. An article at livescience.com describes an experiment where photons can be caused to be entangled at an earlier time than at which the cause occurs. This can be done after the photons have been measured or even destroyed.

"The fantastic new thing is that this decision to entangle two photons can be done at a much later time," said research co-author Anton Zeilinger, also of the University of Vienna. "They may no longer exist."

edit on 1-11-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Hmmm... I'm surpirsed that there isn't more interest in this thread. The discovery that intention can actually influence reality or even alter it seems to be a confirmation that "prayer" and positive thinking really works.

I can think of examples from my own personal experience that confirms this as well.

For centuries, various religions have always stressed the importance of speaking or meditating on intentions to manifest reality. Now research and experimentation into quantum mechanics seems to prove that prayer and meditation has a real effect.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Riffrafter
So what lives or exists in the "space between spaces"?

Space does not have spaces - space is one.

The fabric of space is always looking different.

edit on 1-11-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Is a mental image the mind, or a product of the mind?

And what is the mind, itself, made of?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What is meant by mind being matrix of all matter? Well what do minds do; they receive information, they store information, they mix stored and received information. Well the universe as matter pretty much is a mixing of information, the biggest and potentially only difference, or that which sets apart minds from all other matter, which is why minds are so special, and which is why we as life and minds are not all other matter, is the nature of will and identity. Minds are intricate systems that have a personal power over itself and surroundings, choice, decision making, imagination, ideas, thoughts. I have never seen a beach of sand make decisions or create novel forms and functions.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I would love to reply lol

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I think it's fascinating in this video that individuals had an impact on images associated with an experiment regarding the memory of water:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Am I wrong in interpreting that video as they have proved that when you put a flower in water you get flowery water?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Mary Rose

Just revisiting this as the topic is just so cool and mind-blowing it makes your head explode. But it's so much fun you don't even mind cleaning up the splatter afterwards...

With that said, I might revise Planck's quote to read: "the mind is the matrix of all reality..."

Based on our current knowledge there is no true nature of reality. Or as someone once said "Reality is nothing objective - it is how you experience it".

Things viewed/perceived on the quantum level are so vastly different than things viewed/perceived on the atomic/molecular level as to be essentially unrecognizable. A being only capable of "seeing" things on a quantum level would experience a vastly different universe & reality than we do. Two completely different "realities" yet both correct from their respective viewpoints. And so we enter the world of paradoxes...

I think what Planck may have been saying is that we not only perceive the reality around us, we are both creating & perceiving it at the same time. And if that's true, what does that mean? It's already been proven that we can alter "reality" simply by observing it (the Observer effect), and as another poster has shown, even time seems to have no bearing on our ability to do this. Are our minds blown yet?

It seems the more we learn the less we really know. All we can do is keep striving to learn and understand. And maybe that is our purpose in the grand scheme of things. Assuming there is such a thing...

Science meet Metaphysics....Metaphysics meet Science.

And both of you meet God.

[and no, I'm not going there....yet]

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   

IMO and it is just an opinion, the universe is the manifestation of the mind of god.
And mathematics is the Law of the Universe and all things within.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Mary Rose
In the Wikipedia article on Max Planck (1858 - 1947), he is quoted as saying in a speech in Italy in 1944 that the mind is the matrix of all matter.

The statement was made in relation to the word "force" and includes the word "assume":

"All matter originates and exists only by virtue of a force which brings the particle of an atom to vibration and holds this most minute solar system of the atom together. We must assume behind this force the existence of a conscious and intelligent mind. This mind is the matrix of all matter"

I'm wondering whether, in the final analysis, science has no choice but to assume something, rather than to try to prove everything. Why would Max Planck feel the need to assume anything?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Here is an interesting blog post by Richard Merrick: "The Physics of Consciousness."

I'm reading a great book right now that proposes the best theory I've ever seen to explain what consciousness is and how it works exactly.

The Physics of Consciousness by Evan Harris Walker makes a great case for consciousness as a property of electrons 'quantum tunneling' through the brain. If you haven't heard of quantum tunneling, this is where the electrons in atoms are all the time blipping out in one location and blipping back in at another location without ever crossing the space in between. You probably know it as a 'quantum leap.'

This means that the particles in every atom of your body are disappearing and reappearing all the time. . . .

. . . This means that mind or consciousness itself is not physical. Only the hosting hardware of our brain - a carbon-12 and salt water resonator - is physical. From this it seems that consciousness can be defined as 1) an electrical current that is only about half here, 2) our brain is a quantum antenna that resonates in the space lattice like a crystal to transceive and focus the consciousness current and 3) our body is a robotic extension designed to sustain and respond to this electrical 'stream of consciousness.' In other words, we are a puppet being operated remotely using electricity as wires! . . .

Maybe we should think of our brain as belonging to us but our consciousness as part of the cosmos.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

...our brain is a quantum antenna that resonates in the space lattice like a crystal to transceive and focus the consciousness current...

I think that statement is accurate but it should be extended to include every living cell on the planet that has DNA. (which excludes mature red blood cells)

The reason I say that is because all cells containing DNA transmit and recieve non-thermal origin photons in the ultraviolet range of the light spectrum. Not to be confused with bio-luminescence, bio-photons are too weak to be seen but can be detected using photomultipliers. Several different groups have reported detection of biophotons but the research conducted by Fritz-Albert Popp seems to show that the biophoton activity is both semi-periodic and coherent.

Coherent light is essentially what a laser produces. It is light in which the emitted photons are "in step" and have a definite phase relation to each other. This phase relationship is important because the "beam" of light can be interefered with, allowing for it to be utilized as a method of communication, environmental awareness, & "bio fields".

The link below is an article by William F. Hamilton III... it is

an attempt to integrate studies of the quantum potential, quantum holography, biophotonics and the enveloping matrix of biointegration, biocommunication, and bioinformation that composes the web of light and life in living organisms and their possible genesis in an electromagnetic infoton.

The Biophotonic Quantum Holographic Matrix

The implications of this research is exciting to me. I think it iskey to unlocking the mechanisms behind psychic phenomena and other ESP abilties.

<<   2 >>

join