It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

List some christmas gifts that friends and family will love but that aren't very expensive???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   
If I was giving gifts to my family....I'm not though

Hygiene products, soap, deodorant, toothpaste, mouthwash and bail money!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's not the gift that matters but the thought that goes into it. Xmas is too like spending a fortune on presents when a small one one do just as well. My wife is one of those that loves to give and help people and Xmas is a time she just loves. Find what a person likes or is interested in then buy them something like that.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:30 AM
link   

FlyersFan
Everyone likes food. And it isn't buying a trinket that will sit in the closet or get forgotten.
Food for adults from Wolfermans Bakery, Fiji or Hickory Farms - all deliver.
Food for kids ... make a gift basket with popcorn and holiday fruit, chocolate a candy cane.
Gingerbread houses for kids. There are gift boxes at Bed, Bath and Beyond as well as
MIchaels craft stores. I'm sure they are elsewhere as well.

ya anything consumable is usually good

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan
Hmmm....a thread by Spartacus.....it must be either:

- a drunk post
- a question about how to make/save money

Cheap useful gifts

- mag light flashlight
- pressure cooker
- LED lantern
- pocketknife (you can get a gerber for under $20) or the $15 leatherman tool

For my youngest, we give him coupons for things he likes.

- a week of no carrying the trash out
- other things that he would be embarassed to disclose...but you get the idea

Since he is a (not very active) member here, too....i best keep my mouth shut.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

scotsdavy1
It's not the gift that matters but the thought that goes into it. Xmas is too like spending a fortune on presents when a small one one do just as well. My wife is one of those that loves to give and help people and Xmas is a time she just loves. Find what a person likes or is interested in then buy them something like that.

That's all I'm doing this year. You can actually buy some nice stuff for dirt cheap if you know where to look. Like there's a few sites I go to: ebay (a bit more pricey), dhgate (cheap), aliexpress (cheap) and others. But with dhgate for example you can buy batches (lots) of products. So they'll sell you like 10 of one item for cheap. I bought all the men in the family Spy brand sunglasses. I got 6 pairs for 55 bucks. So it's like 8 dollar gifts per guy. And those sunglasses retail at like 150 bucks each. these are knockoffs I'm sure but they're exact. That's the weird thing, many china manufacturers make exact knockoffs now on a lot of stuff. Not like in the past where it looked cheap and you very easily tell it was not real. Like These come with the boxes, bags, exact logos, and exact replica in everyway. So it looks like you spent a lot when actually you didn't. I did that with coach purses for the women one year. They're all fake but I found exact replicas, even came with the retail bags so it looked like I spent a fortune but I didn't. lol. My lil secret. I don't know maybe I shouldn't buy knockoffs, but I kinda like them. I bought a 5000 dollar B&R watch for 200 bucks. It's the exact knock off of the ones in all the magazines. So it looks expensive but it's not. I guess in a weird way that's not good because it's reflective of maybe some underlying issues, but I think the main issue is money. I don't want to spend 20 times the money on something that I can get practically the same thing for cheap. It's only gonna be used for a year or two and discarded anyway. so I'd rather save the money that put it into the pocket of some big corporation that has dibs on the real brand but jacked up the price by 50,000%. that in my mind is the real scam, not the knock off. It's just sad, though because like a 10 dollar gift buys you jack in Canada. consider that everything up here is double of what you pay in the YouEs so it's like buying a 5 dollar gift down there. But that's just me, what do I know.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
there's also: dealextreme it has some good deals on gizmoz.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join