It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Skinwalker Ranch (2013)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
This case has been intriguing me a lot. I was surprised that there was a film been made. Ur thoughts?

Link: www.imdb.com...

Trailer: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
It's filmed in the Blair Wtich, Cloverfield, Paranormal Activity hand-held camera tradition.

It's a wee bit less annoying due a bit of post production work and occasional scenes filmed from static cameras, but, still, the hand-held camera movie tradition has gotten very old and very tired.
All the typical done to death techniques, like cameraman dropping camera to die while camera rolls on at wonky angle are done, and even done twice.

Despite the utterly horrible choice to film this in the hand-held camera tradition, they don't do too bad of a job of it, though, still, at times, depending your patience, it's almost a deal breaker.

All in all, however, it's a fun little film and has its moments.
The acting wasn't fantastic, but, was decent for what the film was, and the actors did a fair fine job of filling their roles and owning the characters they played with what they had.

As far as subject matter goes, the film was all over the place.
The effects were pretty decent too.
A storyline was somewhat alluded to, but, for the most part it's just people running around, being clueless, and being subjected to all sorts of random weirdness without much in the way of structure.

In the end, it's an okay little film worth passing the time on if done on the cheap, or downloaded from somewhere on the web for free. I'd not recommend spending theater price, though, some cinephiles will anyway.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Although I have not seen the movie, I for one am very sick and tired of this overdone approach to filming.

It was highly effective and unusual in The Blair Witch Project. Since then, it has simply become passe.

I'm not saying the method of filming doesn't have it's place, it's just over popularized, and too heavily used. Just like soy sauce or wasabi, timing and appropriateness is everything. You typically do not put either on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

The next thing you know, Scooby Doo will be filmed in the "found footage" format.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Thanks! The movie has got some real bashing, so maybe I will pass it this time

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Yaaaawn, shaky camera, half scene filmed, m knight shamalamadingdong or whatever....
I'ma go read a book now.
Lemme know when a real movie comes out with a real plot.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I've heard the interviews on ATS Radio, with George Knapp or whoever wrote the book on the Ranch, so as soon as I found the movie, I watched it. The ending was anticlimactic in that we didn't learn any answers, but the story itself did not disappoint. Perhaps the most memorable part is just that: there ARE no answers. For any of it. Really lends a creepy tone to the whole thing.

The craziest thing is that a lot of the most unlikely or most seemingly dramatic stuff is NOT Hollywood. It is based on true facts. Here's a link for those interested, for the skinwalker ranch website:

www.skinwalkerranch.org...

I've looked at the "entity classifications" section and it's just amazing the phenomena that has been witnessed at the ranch. It's stunning, it really is. Orbs, unidentifiable aircraft, disembodied headlights, shapeshifting mist, portals, etc. Wow. Puts the place right up there next to Poveglia Island, in my opinion. I'm really going to have to get hold of that book someday.
edit on 1-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
movie was actually really good

top topics

join