It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here we go again..........."Diversity Training"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Never can I recall people reacting in such a way to where a person can no longer wear a presidential mask for fun. This 'political correctness' or whatever crap it is called is getting really annoying.

Or is this just an Obama-thang.

Obama costume leads Kentucky company to order diversity training

Note to Halloween celebrants: Don’t wear the Obama costume. Doing so at work could lead the human resources department to mandate all employees take part in diversity training — which is what happened at a Kentucky medical center this week.

Jennie Stuart Medical Center’s human resources sent out a letter to all 750 staff members apologizing for a man who made an appearance at the yearly office Halloween costume party wearing a mask of President Obama and a strait jacket, The Blaze reported. The man — flanked by two costumed security officers — also performed a skit at the party, calling “VIP Special Delivery.”

He won third place in the office costume contest, the local WZTV station reported. But company officials weren’t impressed after seeing a photograph of the man and his two friends in costume.

"The vice president of the company’s human resources department first apologized, then asked workers to stay away from any costume with political, religious, ethnic or gender-based overtones, the local WZTV station reported."

Now this is the 2nd time a person has caught heat for wearing a mask of Obama
Rodeo clown draws criticism for Obama mask

Maybe the companies that make Obama masks need to be fined for making them, tempting consumers to wear them and make fun of the president.

Oh wait, this has been going on for years and years, long before we even heard of Obama.
So why is this any different?

People need to grow up and quite taking every thing sooo seriously.

It's for fun people, loosen up!! You know, for laughs.

What do you think Saturday Night Live does??
It makes fun of people for ratings

Sheesh, what has made people so touchy feely any more?
Guarantee you if that had been a Bush mask, that whole office would still be laughing and never thought twice about an apology!!!

edit on 1-11-2013 by snarky412 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Perhaps a nuetral colored unitard with no markings whatsoever with a mask to cover all of your identifiable features such as sex and race would be acceptable, though you still may offend some for some other rediculous reason. Throw PC out the window so WE can function normally again!

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:49 AM
link   

It is funny when some one suggests a white person is a frootloop,it is racist if you do it about any one not white.No matter What the person's actions.This appears to be the millenium of anti-white sentiment,to put it as mildly as conceivably possible..But now having said that,I am automatically a racist.That is how it works.

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I don't believe we have ever, in our history, had a President SO totally and absolutely insulated by official policies both private and public from satire and ridicule. Of course, the coverage isn't universal and plenty still get their say. Some right here, daily, as an example. Still, this pattern of what I can only call collective retribution upon anyone who dare openly ridicule or mock this man is chilling.

I recall first learning of the downright stupid extremes (to my American mind) other nations protected their leaders from anything bad said. Take Thailand for instance, where a direct insult about the King can and does lead to jail time. Absurd, I once thought.

Now we have a Ki...err...President for whom many forms of acceptable protest or satire in the past can lead to the end of careers, personal and professional persecution and more. I keep saying ..this just isn't the America I grew up in. So much has changed...and very little is the same as it was, even a decade and a half ago.

I want my country back.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You said it Wrabbit! I want my country back as well. It will take WE THE PEOPLE to do it so long as the constitution survives this atrocity being forced upon us!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   

GNOarmy

Perhaps a nuetral colored unitard with no markings whatsoever with a mask to cover all of your identifiable features such as sex and race would be acceptable, though you still may offend some for some other rediculous reason. Throw PC out the window so WE can function normally again!

Oh so making fun of the president is now about skin color?

Ah making fun of the president has been going on FOREVER....skin color has nothing to do with it.

It's the opposition taking jabs at them because of failed policies and such.
Or in Obama's case, he has plenty of scandals surrounding him and his 'transparency' is a joke within itself.

Heck, the late night show's are having a field day poking fun at him.

It is not. about. race.
It's about a failed presidency and lack of confidence from the public.

So, what do we do?
We laugh and make fun of him, so what??

And guess what?
We'll all do it again to the next president....

[oh, this wasn't directed at you personally, only those that are offended by a man being silly with a mask]

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Here's the Fox 17 news video:

*NOTE*
-The picture is what sparked the controversy. Now then, aren't there blacks in the picture playing the part of the 2 cops? And they did come in 3rd place so some body had to like the skit.
So is that blacks offending other blacks?

Maybe they were making fun of ObamaCare as one man stated.

edit on 1-11-2013 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Perhaps you didn't understand my post and detect my truckload of sarcasm. It is not I that thinks making fun of a president is about race, though we both know somewhere someone will make it so. I was making that exact point in my previous post.

Sure we have been making fun of presidents since there were presidents. I was simply pointing out what others will do.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

In the 1970's I watched a documentry on the comunist system in Russia. It was all about how badly the people were treated and repressed. An example I remember the doco menting was that kids were not permitted to draw pictures of Lenin they offend Lenins likeness

Why do I see parralells with this expose about the big bad commies from Russia and whats happening in the US today given what I read on this website these days.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The hallmark of totalitarianism is certainly lack of Humor and punishment of criticism. Its the "daddy can do no wrong" infantilism. Infantiles project god-like qualities onto a leadership figure and then oppress any sort of Humor or Critical Thought around it. You normally only see this sort of oppression in third world countries and dictatorships, which kind of shows that the USA is declining rapidly.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   
post deleted due to unsensitive content
edit on 1-11-2013 by Blowback because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Although I personally find this unsettling, it does need to be said that this is a private company. They have the right to do anything that they decide to do (within the law) or that they want to do.

For instance, Chick Fil'A is closed on sunday's because of the company's obvious religious leanings.

If the company from this article is specifically a "Democratic" oriented company, or even the head of HR was, or enough people who aligned themselves as being Democratic and complained to HR, they are well within their right to do exactly what they did. This is what it means to live in America. We as individuals, including the individuals owning companies, have the rights to do such things.

Personally if I worked for this company and such a thing happened, I'd exercise my own American rights and find employment elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
There is more to this.

It's not really about Obama, or masks, or race.
It's about creating a society where people know that they can be punished for perfectly legal things they do, which may appear quite innocuous.
You still have the quaint idea that you are protected by law and the justice system, and that has to be addressed.
You need to feel vulnerable.
The ultimate aim is to have people so aware that they can be carted off for unspecified, inexplicable reasons, that they damn well behave themselves.

Being sent off for Diversity Training sounds like the Chinese practice of "Re-educating" errant citizens, just another way of infringing liberty and demonstrating absolute power.

This event is just one stage in the process of establishing a climate of fear.

So lets rise above the urge to shout "That's not fair!"
Of course it's not fair......
That's the whole bloody point.

mistersmith.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

It's only because the guys half black. The company was covering its arse probably from some sort of racial discrimination lawsuit from an employee that complained about a "racist" fellow employee. It's gotten pretty bad in America these days. Everything and everyone is labeled as racist.

It was sickening to me how many white people I knew in 2008 that voted for Obama to "prove they weren't racist."

They knew absolutely nothing about the guy except he had been pitched to the voting masses by the MSM as the opposite of Bush #2 that the country was so sick of. All we have had since then is more of Bush with some even more crazy in the package.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Wrabbit2000
I don't believe we have ever, in our history, had a President SO totally and absolutely insulated by official policies both private and public from satire and ridicule. Of course, the coverage isn't universal and plenty still get their say. Some right here, daily, as an example. Still, this pattern of what I can only call collective retribution upon anyone who dare openly ridicule or mock this man is chilling.

Well see now the POTUS is one of them Ivy School boys. He had some notion that they get their azzes kissed when they get into public office and what not. He must have been shocked and cant rap the mind around the fact that most whites don't really care for all that Ivy league snoot. He thinks its racism by god! I mean it must be! Heck people hes black and everybody knows that's a shield against being a snooty, pretentious person. Don't we?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   

learnatic

In the 1970's I watched a documentry on the comunist system in Russia. It was all about how badly the people were treated and repressed. An example I remember the doco menting was that kids were not permitted to draw pictures of Lenin they offend Lenins likeness

Why do I see parralells with this expose about the big bad commies from Russia and whats happening in the US today given what I read on this website these days.

Oh my this is great. It reminds me of a person written about in the Gulag Archipelago, a fellow prisoner of Alexander Solzhenitsyn.

This guy got sent to the gulag. For what? When they searched his apartment they found a pamphlet from a Lenin meeting where Lenin was speaking on economics. The man made a simple note on the paper...."As an economist Lenin is sh#t". That got him 5 years in the gulag.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
There is an oft used saying that I see from time to time on ATS.

I can't remember enough to look it up, but it goes something like this. . .

"To see who is in charge of a police-state, find out who you can't ridicule."

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

This is just becoming ignorant! Companies are so afraid of repercussions from the govt for any little thing that people can't even poke fun at the POTUS for Halloween? People have been poking fun at Presidents since the very first one..... why does this particular administration think that they are so special that they are above all that?

The sad part about it is that this company had to do something like this out of fear- because you know that's exactly what it was. Using alphabet agencies as a weapon against it's own citizens in the USA has become the Soup Du Jour!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

PHUCK any job that would ever "ORDER" me to take those stupid lectures, cause that's what they are, lectures!!! @.@ Pansy ass nation everybody's too damn sensitive!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Cancerwarrior

It's only because the guys half black. The company was covering its arse probably from some sort of racial discrimination lawsuit from an employee that complained about a "racist" fellow employee. It's gotten pretty bad in America these days. Everything and everyone is labeled as racist.

It was sickening to me how many white people I knew in 2008 that voted for Obama to "prove they weren't racist."

They knew absolutely nothing about the guy except he had been pitched to the voting masses by the MSM as the opposite of Bush #2 that the country was so sick of. All we have had since then is more of Bush with some even more crazy in the package.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

You know you are right, but the person who wore the costume can now turn around and sue the company for discrimination against free speech. The company should have just stayed out of this whole mess. People need to regain their senses of humor, especially when the president is involved.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join