Edward Snowden ready to testify!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Well, sports fans, it seems it's Snowden 1, NSA 0. He's alive and they're in deep trouble. Now I wouldn't feel quite so generous about this, if it were Snowden testifying in Beijing or Moscow or Havana. However, it isn't any of those places. It's not even an adversarial nation. At least...it's not a traditional adversary.

I must say though, absolutely no one likes being made a fool of and especially having their most private thoughts and communications recorded, transcribed and shared between who knows how many people for perspective and, for all a target may know, great amusement.

Angela Merkel doesn't strike me as the most humor filled lady at the best of times. By the look of this story, she lost absolutely any humor she ever had. Gone. Poof... Out the window, like a lost NSA interception.

Hans-Christian Stroebele, a legislator for the opposition Greens party, told German broadcaster ARD it was clear Snowden "knew a lot" and that he would share details of their surprise meeting including a letter from Snowden addressed to the German government and chief federal prosecutor on Friday.

Uh oh......

"He made it clear he knows a lot and that as long as the National Security Agency (NSA) blocks investigations..., he is prepared to come to Germany and give testimony, but the conditions must be discussed," said Stroebele.

UH OH.... Leaking to newspapers is one thing. Giving formal testimony in criminal investigations? That is 100% different for impact and damage done. In this case, damage is in the eye of the beholder ..or damaged.

Again, if this were done in other places and other ways? I'd be downright unforgiving in attitude. He's coming as close to the U.S. as he can and still remain among the living, I'm guessing. The NSA MUST be hunting him and looking for any possible opportunity to 'render' him, or just silence him. If he's finally decided to do more than leak and actually assist in real action coming out? I wish the man a very long and healthy existence with all the good luck one guy can handle. The world may come to change on the investigations he assists in there.

Germany's parliament will hold a special session on November 18 to discuss the tapping, and the Greens and far-left Left party have demanded a public inquiry calling in witnesses including Snowden. Stroebele told him he could give evidence from Moscow.
So urce

There are issues to be settled first, as the article further notes outside what I could quote. not least of which here, is the matter of agreements with Russia to avoid further harm to the United States in exchange for his continued shelter and support. The question, in my mind anyway, is whether Putin will extend that to cover formal criminal investigations by other Governments, or not?

So much may come to hinge on whether Snowden participates in this and if so, how much he reveals. It sounds like Germany is just about on the war path, figuratively speaking, and that's no joke, in my view. They are a leading and primary force in the E.U. as one of it's most stable and solvent members. If Germany is irate, and to the point of supporting a declared person enemy/traitor (as many in Washington call him), then I'd say the friendship is on the rocks, as the very best way it can be described.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Well ... ain't that the best news I've heard all day! Putin and company have figured out a way to spill the beans without getting any splatter on their own pants.

ETA: I bet Obamarama and crew are REALLY wishing they'd returned the gold when asked.
edit on 1112013 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:37 AM
link   
This man will pay with his life by the hands of the Oligarchy eventually. If he does this, do not forget it and do not forgive the perpetrators.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have been trying hard to stay "on the fence" when it comes to Mr. Snowden. My experience as a SNCO in the USAF involved, at times, matters of national security... I was a security officer. It was my job.

NEVER, however, was I privy to matters that involved spying on our civilian populace...

If I were placed in Mr. Snowden's shoes, so to speak, I would guarantee one thing...

My disclosure would be for the good of my fellow patriots.... and INSANELY heartbreaking at the same time...

Jefferson, Washington, Adams, Paine, Franklin... I weep for what we have lost... S&F
edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Because of the wonderful things he does....
edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: ISON is the DEVIL!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The Guardian, says that Snowden "may" be asked. And that Snowden sent a letter to hand to the German Chancellor. So although it appears that Snowden is willing, he hasn't been asked yet.

Edward Snowden may be invited to Germany as a witness against the US National Security Agency.

During the meeting, Snowden handed Ströbele a letter addressed to the German chancellor, Angela Merkel, which will be read out publicly on Friday afternoon.

Now wouldn't it be great if they could get him permanent residence in Germany?

But Ströbele warned of the legal complications that would come with Snowden leaving Russia, where he has been granted asylum after leaking documents on mass NSA surveillance. Witnesses to parliamentary enquiries are usually given the financial support and legal protection required for them to travel to Germany.

Activists are said to be considering other means of getting Snowden to Germany. Under paragraph 22 of the German residence law, Snowden could be granted a residence permit "if the interior ministry declares it to be in Germany's political interest". After reports of Merkel's mobile phone being hacked by the NSA, such conditions could be said to apply.

Germany may ask Edward Snowden to be witness in NSA inquiry

edit on 1-11-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I hope that he releases info that would finally turn the American people against the politicians of both parties that made all of this happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

This is indeed excellent news!

What has puzzled me most about the Snowden leaks is why the info is coming out in tiny bits, almost daily. Imagine the much greater impact on public opinion if everything we know now had come out at once. Anyone have some perspective on that?

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   

soulwaxer

What has puzzled me most about the Snowden leaks is why the info is coming out in tiny bits, almost daily. Imagine the much greater impact on public opinion if everything we know now had come out at once. Anyone have some perspective on that?

soulwaxer

#1 Putin told him to stop
#2 Once the information is spent ... Snowden, himself, becomes irrelevant.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

If I were in Ed's shoes I would release info EXACTLY as he has... in bits and pieces... it would be about self-preservation as much as disclosure...

Huge revelations get you VERY DEAD very quick...
edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Pink Floyd... nuff said

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Because it must be filled out

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: A knife to my neck and a bottle in my mouth... smells like teen spirit

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   
he is quite likeable this Snownden character...its a shame he will end up disapearing ...more than likely in a very unpleasant way

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Snarl

soulwaxer

soulwaxer

#1 Putin told him to stop
#2 Once the information is spent ... Snowden, himself, becomes irrelevant.

Thanks. I understand your second point, though its hard to be sure about that.

As for your first point, the info didn't stop coming. It has been coming almost daily, gradually becoming more damaging.

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I have seen reports that he may go to Germany to testify, if the guarantees are there to protect him.

However, I'd certainly not want to do that myself. Germany is still very much beholden to Israel, and the amount of weight they carry - especially as they are traditionally embedded with US intelligence - would certainly trump any prior agreements on protection. Sad to say but he is probably safer in Russia than in any western / European country right now, whose governments are not to be trusted one little bit, despite any public they express at the spying scandals.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Okay, I'm the first person to call people nutters but if he actually makes it to Germany without getting "lost" then something is going on. Like this is all song and dance for something.

What happens, world leaders all come together and complain about being spied on so they make up with hugs and a one world government?

Seriously. Something smells odd. Why did he even make it to Hong Kong/Moscow.

And why did Russia not say anything when a Canadian Naval Spy who was sentenced for leaking information about this program to them, before Snowden released it?

(RE:Other Thread)

edit on 1-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Rectorate
This man will pay with his life by the hands of the Oligarchy eventually. If he does this, do not forget it and do not forgive the perpetrators.

"Do not forget...do not forgive." I see what you did there.

In all seriousness, everyone needs to remember that Mr. Snowden is -not- alone. He is, as we speak, among friends and fellow whistle-blowers. He has numerous connections in the intelligence communities, including those of Julian Assange, as well as connections to black/grey hat hackateers and deep web operatives who would like nothing more than to see Mr. Snowden air out the NSA's dirty laundry.

Remember back when Mr. Assange was on the run? Remember how everyone thought he'd get assassinated, or disappear? LOL

These men aren't stranded by accident. They're intelligent, tech-savvy, and resourceful. Keep in mind that Mr. Snowden has successfully evaded United States authorities thus far, not a modest accomplishment.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryyptyk

These men aren't stranded by accident. They're intelligent, tech-savvy, and resourceful. Keep in mind that Mr. Snowden has successfully evaded United States authorities thus far, not a modest accomplishment.

I didn't think the Germans (politicians) cared, which is why I would find it strange for Snowden to get safe passage for testimony:

But it is not only Obama who looks bad in this affair. Merkel and several of her cabinet ministers spent most of this pre-election summer either trying to ignore the NSA spying story or talking it down. Merkel’s chief of staff Ronald Pofalla outraged some in August when he declared the NSA affair to be over.

Millions of German internet users, reading daily that their own communications were US intelligence targets, wanted Merkel to complain to the Americans. Instead she sent her interior minister to Washington, who on his return expressed total trust in the US and told Germans to be grateful for being protected from terrorist attacks. That same minister, Hans-Peter Friedrich, is now demanding an apology from the US for snooping on Merkel.

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Not really that strange, considering the new implications about the NSA tapping and monitoring the German chancellor.

www.theguardian.com...

Keep in mind that we're only seeing the surface of this, there is all sorts of interference and counterinterference being run because of this. Everyone wants the heat to land on someone else. This is the political equivalent of chickens running around with their heads cut off. The only people here who have no political agenda are the whistle-blowers. Don't listen to the various governmental backpedalling.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Kryyptyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

boncho
Okay, I'm the first person to call people nutters but if he actually makes it to Germany without getting "lost" then something is going on. Like this is all song and dance for something.

What happens, world leaders all come together and complain about being spied on so they make up with hugs and a one world government?

Seriously. Something smells odd. Why did he even make it to Hong Kong/Moscow.

And why did Russia not say anything when a Canadian Naval Spy who was sentenced for leaking information about this program to them, before Snowden released it?

(RE:Other Thread)

edit on 1-11-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I agree. It's odd that he's made it this far and is being able to get info out gradually but systematically. I find it hard to fathom that the US administration is just standing by watching their reputation crumble. They would have been much better off taking the risk of suiciding him than risking all the info that has come out to become public.

I was pretty convinced from the start that Snowden was a legit whistleblower, but the longer this drags on and the more info being let out, the more I smell a rat.

WHO is controlling the way this info is coming out???

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryyptyk

Check my post above you. Merkel doesn't care.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Here is Snowden doing some sight-seeing in Russia in his new disguise...

(sorry, can't embed in this old browser)

static1.businessinsider.com...

soulwaxer

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by soulwaxer

Its likely that Assange and co are facilitating Snowden's releases.

Considering the large hand they've had in assisting his evasion of U.S. authorities, it would make the most sense.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join