It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apparently, im gay for liking female artists...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think your friend wants to secretly get gay with you.

Testing the waters before the plunge.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I think the person was being a literalist. Gay means happy, listening to diverse music makes you happy...sure.

If you listen to music without vocals, does that make you asexual?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I think it probably depends on what type of instrumental music it is?

Folksy acoustic guitar stuff is obviously gay, especially on a 12-string, unless the performer is sitting down to prevent access to his whatsy.

Screaming Guitar solos are full-on gay, as it's pretty much bashing one out infront of an arena full of teenage boys - but drum solos are very manly though.

Classical music is also gay, unless it's Wagner, in which case you are a goose-stepping gay Nazi.

And any dance music of over 150 bpm is totally inviting a bunch of leather-clad german bears to cover you in baby oil and have at it.

And dont get me started on Digeridoos

edit on 1-11-2013 by skalla because: typo

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

Pretty sure I didn't ask for your opinion.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

I sooo would have turned it around on him as if he were the one who is gay... First of all, listening to and being knowledgeable about music females like is one of the best ways to make a connection or get the mood right. This guy probably never gets laid unless he is one of those alphabet-male jerkazoids who some women go for...

I have had the same reaction from guys, not just for listening to female artists, but male RnB artists like Brian McKnight or Usher. Just to mess with some of my more closed minded friends, I would make them a cd they requested with a bunch of gangster rap or other songs they like (i have an extremely eclectic taste in music...all genres and all eras) and somewhere in the middle I would put "Im with you" by Avril Levine...

Anyway, you got nothin to worry about other than the fact that you are living on a planet surrounded by (insert spaceballs reference). If you find yourself in a situation dealing with an alpha male jerk or a group of them, just speak to them in the language they can understand and just say that the ladies love it and it gets you laid. Then make up some story about how knowing about or listening to a certain song or artist got you some nice peice of action one night...

You could be my wingman anytime! :^)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
That's just immaturity showing through to try to make someone feel inferior. Really makes them look bad not you, don't dwell on it, be yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

RammerJammer

But I really don't care what other people think, never have. I have an really beautiful wife, 6ft tall, long blonde hair, blue eyes. When we walk into a room I see every guy look at her. She is that beautiful.

Pics or it didn't happen?

To the OP:

You will find people may say things like that to you for any number of reasons. It is up to you to figure out how best to deal with it for yourself.
Some folks use humor ("I've been thinking that myself, want to help me find out? Dinner; dancing back to my place for the hot tub, and we will see what pops up. . .")
Some use acceptance ("I guess I am gay.")
Some denial ("Your mother could tell you differently.")
Some others understanding ("So that's why I've been wanting to suck d*** all day")
Some just ignore it.
etc.

Music choices are just that- music choices. You do not need to defend your tastes to anyone.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
l am so gay for Sinead O'Connor.

And then I'm mucho gay for this lady, who Bob Dylan should pay to sing this song:

edit on 1-11-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I'm gay, and what makes that so is the fact that I am emotionally, physically, and sexually attracted to men - that's about it.

You're friend is probably one of those types that thinks their thoughts and emotions/desires are locked in some vault that no one else can see or feel, and while it's true that only God knows ALL of your own thoughts and intentions, it's also true that others can get a glimpse based on your words and actions.

He wants to try something with a man just to see LOL. It's all good...
edit on PM2013-11-03T14:00:01-06:00America/Chicago011-06:00Sundaypm2013-11-03T14:00:01-06:00America/Chicago by AceInPlace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

If you really love Cher, Barbara Streisand or Whitney Houston then maybe

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by AceInPlace

You said exactly what I was going to say....that the only thing that makes you gay is being attracted to the same sex. LOL
Why grown ass adults are arguing about what is gay and what isn't is beyond me. This sounds like a thread that should be on tumblr, FFS.

And shout out to the one who said the one dude who wears black nail polish deserved to be called gay: "You're a turd, just sayin'" Swing and a miss, eh?

posted on Nov, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

So apparently, walking down the street is considered gay... I guess I'm pretty gay then.. I walk down the street everyday...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join