It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is DHS buying up ammunition, guns, pepper spray, armored personnel carriers, etc..??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Because the government is going to cut welfare.. They have no choice, and when they do, many in the public will redirect their anger toward the government. I find it ironic the Obamacare website failed to complete a full submission but worked enough to collect all the personal information on the very demographic most likely to be responsible for civil unrest during a welfare cut.

edit on 31-10-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
why is America being deliberately dumbed down ?
Why is the NDAA not repealed by now?
The fact is that the whole form of goverment the face of society, the very world we live in is being shaped by the power elite, into a totaliarian world run by them.
from cradle to grave the NWO has a psychological agenda to keep us all in line.....DHS is the new army that will police america........

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
It's a logical approach to containing a huge portion of the population during times of duress. (How many are on food stamps right now?).

The testimony from the veteran who stated DHS has better equipment than they had in Iraq, and that the equipment was designed for sold me on the question of DHS having an alternative purpose…

History will judge this era harshly if indeed this unfolds poorly.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

I find it ironic the Obamacare website failed to complete a full submission but worked enough to collect all the personal information on the very demographic most likely to be responsible for civil unrest during a welfare cut.

Look up the word ironic.

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

It's ironic you use the word ironic incorrectly. Is there a black fly in your chardonnay Alanis? My defining ironic incorrectly is ironic...

I think it would be far easier to just access the people on food assistance (already on file and easily tracked) and flag them, than launch a craptastic website to trick some in to creating an account. This whole thing was clearly not well orchestrated, but implying it was used to sniff out those most likely to rebel is preposterous.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Domo1

I find it ironic the Obamacare website failed to complete a full submission but worked enough to collect all the personal information on the very demographic most likely to be responsible for civil unrest during a welfare cut.

Look up the word ironic.

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē,ˈiərnē/
noun
the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.

It's ironic you use the word ironic incorrectly. Is there a black fly in your chardonnay Alanis? My defining ironic incorrectly is ironic...

I don't need to look up the word. Obviously you did! A good synonym for the word irony would be mockery. and used to describe something that is improbable or too coincidental. Another synonym is sarcasm. You might say a good description would be a sarcastic mockery. That's what Obamacare has become.. Aside from that the definition also describes

"ironic - characterized by often poignant difference or incongruity between what is expected and what actually is; "madness, an ironic fate for such a clear thinker"; "it was ironical that the well-planned scheme failed so completely"

Perhaps you might want to stop relying on a quick search of a single line definition and actually take English before speaking nonsense. This might be the first time I actually believe a government paid shill has come into this thread to deflect it away from the truth. Either that or you're just a complete troll.
edit on 1-11-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Welfare needs to be ended f you ask me.
So doesn't disability, section 8, HUD, and any other handouts. It all needs to stop--too many people ripping it off. A new system needs to be designed to better keep lazy, no-good-for-nothing free loaders from getting it. If you're hungry and have no money, then go hunt, get a deer or some fish. Grow a garden and can it. If you're too lazy and dumb to do that then.......good riddance.

I wanted to add also that it doesn't matter how much ammo and other equipment that the DHS gets; They cannot stop tens of millions of people. I do think it strange though at all the stuff that they've been getting.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Fylgje because: to add to

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
He's getting what he said he wanted - a domestic force that is a well armed as the military. Or has everyone forgotten this?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
DHS *Security* Forces are becoming the internal national ground force police.

They are successfully by-passing Posse Comitatus.

The U.S. Coast Guard (part of DHS) is also exempt from Posse Comitatus.

And they might be by-passing the *need* for a State Governor to *request* National Guard support.

The Posse Comitatus Act is the United States federal law (18 U.S.C. § 1385, original at 20 Stat. 152) that was passed on June 18, 1878, after the end of Reconstruction and was updated in 1981. Its intent (in concert with the Insurrection Act of 1807) was to limit the powers of Federal government in using federal military personnel to enforce the state laws.

The Act, as modified in 1981, refers to the Armed Forces of the United States.

It does not apply to the National Guard under state authority from acting in a law enforcement capacity within its home state or in an adjacent state if invited by that state's governor.

The United States Coast Guard, which operates under the Department of Homeland Security, is also not covered by the Posse Comitatus Act, primarily because the Coast Guard has both a maritime law enforcement mission and a federal regulatory agency mission.

Posse Comitatus

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Better Wake Up!

This has nothing to do with all your economic issues at all. Its Fukushima. They will be eventually having to eveacuate everybody off the Pacific Rim within two years. They have known this since the accident happened and it may even happen sooner than that if they mess up removing the rods from building 4.

Everybody chirping about all the water going into the ocean when its the only thing keeping that whole site from emploding in the first place. They have been spraying the site since the accident keeping it wet keeping the over 600 thousand rods that went up and got scattered all over the site from exploding too.

The Pacific Rim will have to be evacuated World Wide. The Pacific Ocean is Dead already. The Chemtrails are too midigate the Radiation. They are getting ready too keep you Americans from freaking out and trying for a mass exodus to safer ground.

The Northern Hemiphere is done for. This is an extinction level event.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

...to protect us from people willing to die to protect the constitution of the USA...???

at least that is what our master in chief says...

God Bless,

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
First of all most of the buying up of X amount of X is just people who do not understand Gov contracts. Lets break DHS down.

DHS has 240,000 employees.

55,000 of those come from TSA. Of those 48,000 are unarmed TSO gate personel that have no weapons and no police powers. Of the remainder the only armed agents belong to the Air Marshals.

63,000 belong to customs and border patrol. of them 48,000 are armed agents along the US Borders and Ports.

20,000 belong to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, ICE is the second largets law enforment agency behind the FBI. Although of course not all of those are armed agents.

7,474 belong to FEMA they are unarmed and not law enforcement

2000 belong to the Federal Protective Services who are resposible for security at 9000 federal buildings. Only 900 are armed agents.

18,000 belong to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, no armed agents.

6,800 belong to the United States Secret Service, of which 4,400 are armed agents.

70,000 belong to the coast guard of which 42,000 active duty members that could be armed.

And then you have a bunch of unarmed DHS office workers.

DHS also runs the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center that trains all federal agents and interantional students as well.

So if DHS stripped the borders of all border and customes agents, pull the coast guard off its ships, pulled the Secret Service from protecting the President and from chasing counterfiters, pulled ICE from detaining illegals, pulled air marshals off the planes, pulld FPS from protecting federal buildings and put them all together in one hodgepodge force you could possibly field about around 117,000 armed men and women. Made up mostly of the Coast Guard and Immigration, border and customs agents. That is what people are afraid of. That is your scary DHS army. And while your pathetic DHS army is doing whatever people think it is going to do the borders, federal building and the White House are wide open. Now can we please put the DHS super army theory to bed.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes, but then why was NOAA getting ammo? Oh, yes, that's right. It was really going to fisheries. My mistake.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by MrSpad

Yes, but then why was NOAA getting ammo? Oh, yes, that's right. It was really going to fisheries. My mistake.

NOAA has a law enforement branch. It is called the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Fisheries Office for Law Enforcement and has 200 employees. If you want feel free to add them your DHS army of Coasties, Immigration guys and the border patrol.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

FreshAirGirl
Better Wake Up!

This has nothing to do with all your economic issues at all. Its Fukushima. They will be eventually having to eveacuate everybody off the Pacific Rim within two years. They have known this since the accident happened and it may even happen sooner than that if they mess up removing the rods from building 4.

Everybody chirping about all the water going into the ocean when its the only thing keeping that whole site from emploding in the first place. They have been spraying the site since the accident keeping it wet keeping the over 600 thousand rods that went up and got scattered all over the site from exploding too.

The Pacific Rim will have to be evacuated World Wide. The Pacific Ocean is Dead already. The Chemtrails are too midigate the Radiation. They are getting ready too keep you Americans from freaking out and trying for a mass exodus to safer ground.

The Northern Hemiphere is done for. This is an extinction level event.

I understand that folks are upset about Fukushima as well they should be but, it really is not the end of the world. The Tsar Bomba detonation (and every other above ground test) contributed much more radioactive fallout into the atmosphere. Add all of the underwater tests and lost reactors from seagoing vessels and it becomes clear that the ocean can handle it. We will experience an increase in radioactivity but, not a mass die-off.

Please don't mistake my reassurance for mindless apologism, I just don't see that this sort of catastrophist mentality is helpful. Frankly, the fact that it is being kept underwater is fortunate as it would be much worse if the core was exposed to the air. Also, it is impossible to get a supercritical emplosion from a meltdown.
edit on 6-11-2013 by greencmp because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Interesting little news piece I found earlier this afternoon:

rinf.com...

The Department of Homeland Security is to spend $19 million dollars on a private security force in Wisconsin and Minnesota, an armed unit that must have a “Top Secret” security clearance according to an official solicitation.

According to a solicitation posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website, the Federal Protective Service, a sub-agency of the DHS, intends to hire “armed Protective Security Officer (PSO) services at various locations throughout the states of Minnesota and Wisconsin.”

Sounds a bit shady! Wonder which particular dept. they'll be working for and who they'll be answering to. Also doesn't sound like the sort of usual guarding contract, given the requirement for security clearances. Makes me wonder what is there that requires that level of contract / personnel in Wisconsin and Minnesota? Anyone have any ideas?

join