It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical data shows vaccines are not what saved us

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I didn't get the MMR vaccine - I'm not sure when it was available here in the UK, but I didn't get it when I was born. Got a measles jab and a smallpox one, but I didn't get a mumps jab. Which is a pity, because as a result I came down with mumps and as a result I'm deaf in one ear.
Anyone who declines a mumps jab for their child is a moron. No, a criminally negligent moron.

1 - Its always funny how its always someone on ATS....usually a pharma shill that says something like "i didnt get a vaccine, but i came down with a vaccine preventable disease..and proceeded to get deaf due to that" or another one "my friend had an operation thanks to modern medicine", anyways my point is, you most definitely are making your story up and you are not deaf but a pharma shill.

2 - Many kids who get vaccinated for mumps end up getting mumps through the MMR since it causes the disease

3 - Theres barely any unvaccinated kids who get mumps, there stronger immune system prevents them from getting it, so how can YOU someone whos pro vaccine on ats coincidently get mumps to prove an argument on an internet forum when millions of kids dont get it, i smell something fishy over here.

4 - If your story is true which it isnt, but lets say for a moment its true, the other vaccines you got most likely caused your immune system to be very weak, and probably also had something to do with you going deaf since a common side effect of vaccines are autism, deafness and even blindness.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by breadinspector

Let's hope you don't get rabies, mate.

Nasty way to die, and completely preventable, with a vaccination.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

breadinspector

AngryCymraeg

I didn't get the MMR vaccine - I'm not sure when it was available here in the UK, but I didn't get it when I was born. Got a measles jab and a smallpox one, but I didn't get a mumps jab. Which is a pity, because as a result I came down with mumps and as a result I'm deaf in one ear.
Anyone who declines a mumps jab for their child is a moron. No, a criminally negligent moron.

1 - Its always funny how its always someone on ATS....usually a pharma shill that says something like "i didnt get a vaccine, but i came down with a vaccine preventable disease..and proceeded to get deaf due to that" or another one "my friend had an operation thanks to modern medicine", anyways my point is, you most definitely are making your story up and you are not deaf but a pharma shill.

2 - Many kids who get vaccinated for mumps end up getting mumps through the MMR since it causes the disease

3 - Theres barely any unvaccinated kids who get mumps, there stronger immune system prevents them from getting it, so how can YOU someone whos pro vaccine on ats coincidently get mumps to prove an argument on an internet forum when millions of kids dont get it, i smell something fishy over here.

4 - If your story is true which it isnt, but lets say for a moment its true, the other vaccines you got most likely caused your immune system to be very weak, and probably also had something to do with you going deaf since a common side effect of vaccines are autism, deafness and even blindness.

I'm going to treasure this post, as I've never been called a shill for big pharma before.
And no, I'm real, my story isn't made up and I am deaf in my right ear due to mumps. That's the deal. Stone deaf in my right ear thanks to mumps since I was five years old. I've come to terms with it over the years - I've saved a fricking fortune NOT buying expensive stereo systems - so to be told that I'm a liar on this forum is.... annoying. You do not have a clue, do you? You have pointed the finger and screamed that I am a liar and a shill. No. I am half-deaf through mumps. I did not have the MMR vaccine. I had the polio drops and the smallpox jab and the measles jab and that was it. I have scars from chickenpox and what else, oh yes, ONE WORKING EAR. From getting the mumps.
So yes my story is true. Now go away and play in a sandpit somewhere. Child.
edit on 1-11-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: Oops, sorry.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

AngryCymraeg

breadinspector

AngryCymraeg

I'm going to treasure this post, as I've never been called a shill for big pharma before.
And no, I'm real, my story isn't made up and I am deaf in my right ear due to mumps. That's the deal. Stone deaf in my right ear thanks to mumps since I was five years old. I've come to terms with it over the years - I've saved a fricking fortune NOT buying expensive stereo systems - so to be told that I'm a liar on this forum is.... annoying. You do not have a clue, do you? You have pointed the finger and screamed that I am a liar and a shill. No. I am half-deaf through mumps. I did not have the MMR vaccine. I had the polio drops and the smallpox jab and the measles jab and that was it. I have scars from chickenpox and what else, oh yes, ONE WORKING EAR. From getting the mumps.
So yes my story is true. Now go away and play in a sandpit somewhere. Child.
edit on 1-11-2013 by AngryCymraeg because: Oops, sorry.

Mate theres millions of people who get the mmr vaccine end up regressing into autism, or dying from it, would you rather be dead or deaf? both are pretty bad i must admit, but wakefield study has been replicated many times.
If you got the mmr vaccine at the time you probably still would have gone deaf, vaccines bring up many underlying conditions to the surface.

Vaccine bombshell: Baby monkeys given standard doses of popular vaccines develop autism symptoms

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

breadinspector
Mate theres millions of people who get the mmr vaccine end up regressing into autism, or dying from it, would you rather be dead or deaf? both are pretty bad i must admit, but wakefield study has been replicated many times.
If you got the mmr vaccine at the time you probably still would have gone deaf, vaccines bring up many underlying conditions to the surface.

Vaccine bombshell: Baby monkeys given standard doses of popular vaccines develop autism symptoms

So my deaf ear is down to some underlying condition was it? That's odd, I was a very healthy little five-year-old, right up until the moment that I caught the fricking mumps and lost the hearing in my right ear.
And aha, got you. No, Wakefield's study hasn't been replicated. The man is a fraud.
You're obviously suffering from a very old condition yourself.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Millions of people have gotten autism or died from the MMR vaccine?

Do you have -any- kind of evidence to support this, because I am seriously very interested in this claim and would love to see the evidence.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

MichaelPMaccabee

Millions of people have gotten autism or died from the MMR vaccine?

Do you have -any- kind of evidence to support this, because I am seriously very interested in this claim and would love to see the evidence.

I doubt that he has any. Even the Daily Mail, a paper that I wouldn't use to clean up after my dog with, has finally admitted that Wakefield flies South for the Winter.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

breadinspector
TexasTech is a low ranking university their acceptance rate is 65% over half who apply get in, why couldnt he go to harvard or princeton, University of south california those are some high ranking US unis yeah?
"The 2013 Shanghai Jiao Tong Rankings placed Texas Tech University at 401 worldwide"
Aussie unis rank higher, and our unis are hopeless mate.

The majority of students at harvard and princeton are unvaccinated from my intel, they mainly come from the elite tho which means they are secretly backing vaccines but will not take it themseleves.

Nah mate thats a sentence i recieved from my sources who work in the government and the medical field.

Your son got into a uni, which means his cognitive functioning isnt damaged, but say that to the millions of kids with autism wholl never get into uni because of vaccine damaging them mate, theyll want a word with you.

Wow, those are some low blows, especially coming from someone whose writing style paints them as somewhat less than a paragon of education and intellect. Not everyone even wants to go to Harvard, Princeton, or USC, and then there are factors like cost and location to consider. Your secret government sources seem to be feeding you false "intel" as well - both Harvard and Princeton require students to comply with fairly strict immunization protocols, and I'm quite dubious that the percentage of individuals who have been exempted from these requirements constitutes a "majority" as you claim. Do you have any evidence whatsoever to back your claims?

In addition, you seem to be woefully misinformed about autism. For one, plenty of autistic people go on to attend and even excel in higher education. Autism is not the same as brain damage or mental retardation, nor has it been proven to be caused by vaccination, unless you really trust Andrew Wakefield's discredited "research" and biased, anti-science sites like Natural News above all other sources (which I'm guessing you do).

It's hard to even know where to begin with posts and threads like these. Anyway, I eagerly anticipate your substantive reply calling me a shill.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

breadinspector

TexasTech is a low ranking university their acceptance rate is 65% over half who apply get in, why couldnt he go to harvard or princeton, University of south california those are some high ranking US unis yeah?
"The 2013 Shanghai Jiao Tong Rankings placed Texas Tech University at 401 worldwide"
Aussie unis rank higher, and our unis are hopeless mate.

He went to Texas Tech because it is 1.5 hours away. Rankings and whatnot mean nothing. To be honest, I manage people with masters degrees. I hold a degree in very, very low value because of my own personal experience with life.

He had his pick of where he went. He went with "close to home". We have a strong family unit. You have proven nothing other than how desperate you are to support your point.

The majority of students at harvard and princeton are unvaccinated from my intel, they mainly come from the elite tho which means they are secretly backing vaccines but will not take it themseleves.

"From my intel" = "I pulled it outta my ass" until you provide verifiable statistics.

Nah mate thats a sentence i recieved from my sources who work in the government and the medical field.

Your son got into a uni, which means his cognitive functioning isnt damaged, but say that to the millions of kids with autism wholl never get into uni because of vaccine damaging them mate, theyll want a word with you.

I would, but I suspect that those kids exist only in your imagination.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryCymraeg

Yeah. Its totally an underlying condition. Despite it being common among mumps patients that they end up with hearing loss

deafness.about.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

Yeah. Its totally an underlying condition. Despite it being common among mumps patients that they end up with hearing loss

deafness.about.com...

Darn those underlying conditions of mine!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Their willl aways be people who defy simple common sense. For those people science and facts are not going to make a difference. The anti vaccine people will give credit to anything else be it washing your hands or wizards. The fact is like them or hate them vaccines have changed the face of the world and spares the suffering mankind went through for so much of its history.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

CB328
Your title is completely bogus.

I can't believe people believe this crap. The percentage of people who have problems with vaccines is insignificant.

I don't think I know anything that some scientist or researcher doesn't know. The problems I have with vaccines are...

1. Where they come from (The people who are trying to force them on us)

2. The fact that such people seem a little too interested in jabbing me with a needle. Whether this is actually anything sinister or not, it gives me the willies.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   

bigfatfurrytexan

deafness.about.com...

If mumps causing hearing loss was common there would be tonnes of peoples who are deaf since a lot of people get the mumps its a common disease for kids, mumps causing deafness are isolated cases.
And in this case its been fabricated.

(post by AngryCymraeg removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I love you anti-vaccine people, I really do. The more of you that believe that hogwash and don't vaccinate means there will be an ample supply ready for when I want and/or need it. So please keep spreading that 'science' to as many individuals that will believe it, for it'll vastly improve my own chances when an outbreak occurs.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

you are essentially putting your fingers in your ears.

you can lead a horse to water, but you can't beat him when he's dead. Or something like that.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

breadinspector

bigfatfurrytexan

deafness.about.com...

If mumps causing hearing loss was common there would be tonnes of peoples who are deaf since a lot of people get the mumps its a common disease for kids, mumps causing deafness are isolated cases.

Oh please. Mumps has long been known to cause deafness. You're entitled to your own beliefs, but that doesn't mean you get to invent your own "facts." You're posting on the internet, which means you can easily open a search engine of your choosing and see for yourself, but this time, I'll even do it for you:
Hearing loss due to mumps
Deafness following mumps: the possible pathogenesis and incidence of deafness
A comparative study of mumps deafness and idiopathic profound sudden deafness
And, from 2009: Deafness after mumps more common than thought

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

Provided vaccines worked most of the time and were completely safe, I don't think there is a high enough incidence of rabies in most western nations to merit vaccinating yourself against it. You just go and get checked if you are bitten by a racoon, bat, dog, ect. Not dangerous if caught early.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Most studies showing the dangers of vaccines are done in other countries than the US/Canada, while most studies showing effectiveness and safety of vaccines are done by scientists who created them/scientists paid bybig pharma, ect.
Science is a lot more controlled than people think right now. only certain studies are likely to get funding, the people who pay for the studies can omit data and even pull the study if the results are unfavorable. The FDA accepts this data at face value and usually does no further research. We have a very corrupt health system in this country, it should be obvious by the lack of cures for any diseases among this rapid advancement of technology that it is not about helping people. It is a for profit system.

On a side tangent, its ok to be critical of others viewpoints everyone, but these rude and belittling comments need to simmer down a bit. It's messing with my groove.

opopanax

breadinspector

bigfatfurrytexan

deafness.about.com...

Oh please. Mumps has long been known to cause deafness. You're entitled to your own beliefs, but that doesn't mean you get to invent your own "facts."

I believe he was only stating how he is under the impression that it is uncommon, not denying the existence of such side effects. Everyone on this thread is inventing their own facts, as there is substantial conlicting evidence from many studies.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join