It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISON Update

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Interesting video update posted on YouTube, don`t you think so ?

Could it be ISON can cause a snowball effect ?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicDude

Care to provide a synopsis for those who can't watch the video at the moment?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Being new, you may not have read or are aware of this aspect of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to follow when registering here.

ATS T&C's
15k.) Video links/embeds: You will not embed or Post a link to a video without a reasonable description of its content and why it interests you, is germane to the topics discussed on the Websites or the topic of an existing thread should you post it in a reply to an existing thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Interesting video.
Thanks for the update and information.
S&F

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
What snowball effect? What I saw was a normal charged up comet. They are not dirty iceballs, they are Electric Universe comets and they discharge Xrays. And every time the sun belted it, it discharged energy, but then it builds back up. And its 10 X bigger than lovejoy. But I couldn't figure out what he thought would happen.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   
you,ve got this from youtube?now i,m not sure but this sounds like the guy who,s always claiming about the ufos round the sun.am i wrong?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I cant wait until my man Cheesy chimes in on this as he loves ISON. What is the video actually saying that means anything to us directly i just dont see it. Thanks for the time to post the new info though.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Am I understanding that he feels Ison could cause a solar flare that could affect Earth?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Sorry for the late reply.

Well, the way I ser it, but I may be wrong, is there are 2 situations that may come together ( solar flares to hit ISON) that can cause electrical charges to be released that may cause some problems to the stelites arround Earth thus in communications and probably in the power grid. Am I reading this wrong?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   

When the video shows the graph of GOES Xray Flux, where does that text about ISON come from? I'd like to see the source, otherwise I'm assuming the video author made it up, or found it on some crank forum. GOES satellites monitor the Earth and the influence of the Sun on Earth; they don't monitor comets or other space objects. en.wikipedia.org...

Didn't watch the rest of the video in its entirety, but a quick look shows that it's about the Sun, not ISON.

If there are huge electrical discharges going off ISON, I'd like to see proper scientific evidence of that, not a mash-up of Sun and space weather news that are made to look like they are connected to ISON.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by wildespace

That`s the kind of reply I was expecting. The thing is I`m not an expert on this matter but I like all kind of information related with ISON and other comets/meteors, so I bring it to ATS because this is such an informative community that may help me understand it better. Thank you.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Sorry, maybe I should read T&C again
....But you see, I`m not an english native person and although I can understand quite well what I read, it`s not as easy to communicate, so it`s easier for me to just post a video, a picture or a link to the news when I find something that may be of ATS interest.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Op - where in the sky - I'm in the center of the U.S. - so not sure which part of the sky or whens a good time to view.
and...no...nasa...is wrong - not dirty snowballs - but rather electrically charged in the solar electron wind - that's as technical as I get - lol

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

CosmicDude

Sorry, maybe I should read T&C again
....But you see, I`m not an english native person and although I can understand quite well what I read, it`s not as easy to communicate, so it`s easier for me to just post a video, a picture or a link to the news when I find something that may be of ATS interest.

It was not meant as a slight, honestly. My post was meant to educate, since I noticed you have not been a member very long, and may have missed that aspect (which I did when I was new as well). The reply you made to my post would suffice in my opinion. Had that paragraph been posted along with the video, I think the T&C's are satisfied and we don't have this conversation.

Thanks for understanding

On-Topic: I think the previous posters are correct, that what we have here is video about the Sun and Earth interaction, with the video creator making unfounded and unrelated links to ISON for the purposes of page views on YouTube. Also the idea of an Electric Universe is still controversial and IMO the wrong explanation.

edit on 11/1/2013 by Krakatoa because: Fixed the quote to display properly

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

"video creator making unfounded and unrelated links to ISON for the purposes of page views on YouTube",,

"page views on YouTube"

page views,, in the final analysis of the data presetented,, its clear that ,,page views on YouTube,,is the ,,,scale for truth? lol..ok

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   

BobAthome

"video creator making unfounded and unrelated links to ISON for the purposes of page views on YouTube",,

"page views on YouTube"

page views,, in the final analysis of the data presetented,, its clear that ,,page views on YouTube,,is the ,,,scale for truth? lol..ok

Not the scale, no....but it is ONE factor to be considered, is it not? Is it not a fact that people can make $$ for each page view of a video posted to YouTube? If so, then there is incentive to increase the page views to increase the $$ received. This is motive to mislead to draw more people to the video.

I think back to P.T. Barnum, when he had a problem with getting people to move out of the oddities tent (they would linger and he was not making as much than if the left to make room for new patrons). So, he erected a banner on the inside of the tent by a closed flap reading, "This way the The Great Egress!". People then moved out of the tent, through the flap to see the great egress. You see, the word "egress" is another term for "exit". So he was enticing people to go quickly to the exit, which once through, they could not return back into the tent. He was playing upon their ignorance of the English language.

Could this be a similar case here? Depending upon the ignorance of critical thought?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

".but it is ONE factor to be considered,",,yes but on an importance related too said video,,what number?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

BobAthome

".but it is ONE factor to be considered,",,yes but on an importance related too said video,,what number?

Keep reading further down....

Could this be a similar case here? Depending upon the ignorance of critical thought?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

"Depending upon the ignorance of critical thought? ",,and with that ,lets more thought on
1.yes it is a real comet
2.Nasa had 3 years notice,,so good chance they know exactly,, what the final spectral analysis of ISON, is,,
( hell they knew about wavelength analysis in Bocon's time.)
3. Everyone seems either "put off" or "thrilled",,

i just want too see the pretty pictures,, and if it turns out too brighten,,too the size of the moon,, and everyone in the neighbourhood goes bat #,,,
i can say,,"its only a Comet",,,not the end of the world.

so ya information is good,,donkey
,,,luved that show

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

CosmicDude
reply to post by wildespace

That`s the kind of reply I was expecting. The thing is I`m not an expert on this matter but I like all kind of information related with ISON and other comets/meteors, so I bring it to ATS because this is such an informative community that may help me understand it better. Thank you.

Good information about ISON would be astronomical observations and measurements of it: size, brightness, spectral analysis, the rates of dust and water production, any interesting features in its coma or tail. Even though you and me don't understand all the sciency language and teminology, there are many good public updates from the astronomers that explain it in simple words. I don't see any point in some Youtube armchair "expert" speculating on ISON's involvement in Sun's or Earth's activity, contrary to all known science.

ISON's only influence on us might be a meteor shower, otherwise it's just an interesting object to watch and study.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join