It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halloween festivity...Whose house are you partaking in?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This is a link to primarily help reach out to others, especially those walking upon the Christian based faith as to what they are partaking in with the customs of Halloween. A worthwhile delving to explore further the background elements of the history and traditions of this day.
www.paganspath.com...

We all bear a responsibility in Calling to be informed through the seeking of Knowledge. Personally, I do not judge nor condemn any of my brothers and sisters on such matters. I only aim to highlight that partaking in Halloween tradition 'festivities' is well outside the Foundational Spiritual house of the Father and Son and the Holy Spirit, linking in to the scripture below as a form of reference in consideration of the 'roots' of this day. It is a controversial subject I understand, though such is delivered in the spirit of sharing for correction and not to impose a form of personal sanction against any that may disagree with my own position.

Link attached or otherwise (only recently researched such historical elements more deeply), I was long made aware of such intrinsically, by what I feel strongly is through Virtue of the Holy Spirit in steering me aside in many ways from such 'traditional' leanings of the world.

What place has the Living in abiding with the dead or with superstition in our own life when leaning and looking unto Christ?

"When thou art come into the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee, thou shalt not learn to do after the abominations of those nations.
10 There shall not be found among you any one that maketh his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that useth divination, or an observer of times (astrology), or an enchanter, or a witch.
11 Or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or a necromancer.
12 For all that do these things are an abomination unto the Lord: and because of these abominations the Lord thy God doth drive them out from before thee."
Deuteronomy 18:9-12

"Be not ye therefore partakers with them.
8 For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light:
9 (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth
10 Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.
11 And have no fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness, but rather reprove them.
12 For it is a shame even to speak of those things which are done of them in secret.
13 But all things that are reproved are made manifest by the light: for whatsoever doth make manifest is light.
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
15 See then that ye walk circumspectly, not as fools, but as wise,
16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Wherefore be ye not unwise, but understanding what the will of the Lord is.
18 And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit;
Ephesians 5:7-18
edit on 31-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimeLight

also

I dont understand why some religious folk don't celebrate Halloween , yet they put up a Christmas tree?

edit on 31-10-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

This is a very topical application of Paul's comments in 1 Corinthians ch10 (I have a current thread on the general issue of "idols", based on that passage).
He tells them that they ought not to participate in the festivities belonging to the worship of idols; if they belong to the Lord's "table", they should not be eating at a different table at the same time.
And sometimes even if something is harmless in itself (vv28-29) it ought to be avoided if it "sends the wrong message" to other people who are aware of your participation.

I shall go now and quote this thread as pointing out an example of what Paul is talking about.

PS; The saints and the idols
for the general issue involved.
edit on 31-10-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Hi LT, I am neither affiliated with any organised religious group, nor do I put up Christmas trees as another example of corrupted 'tradition' that so appeals to the the ways of the world outside of the Way, Truth and Life in Christ.
edit on 31-10-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Excellent thread and perfect timing.

www.born-again-christian.info...

The Truth about Halloween:

www.neopagan.net...

The interesting thing about this site is that they are giving the historical information without a Christian perspective yet the powerful thing about that is that it is confirming everything The Bible warns us about.

In a nutshell:

A student sent me an email asking me to sum up in more personal terms what Halloween means to me and other Neopagans. Here is what I told her:

Halloween is the modern name for Samhain, an ancient Celtic holy day which many Neopagans — especially Wiccans, Druids and Celtic Reconstructionists — celebrate as a spiritual beginning of a new year.

Halloween is a time to confront our personal and cultural attitudes towards death and those who have passed on before us.

Halloween is a time to lift the veil between the many material and spiritual worlds in divination, so as to gain spiritual insight about our pasts and futures.

Halloween is a time to deepen our connection to the cycles of the seasons, to the generations that have come before us and those that will follow, and to the Gods and Goddesses we worship.

So this is what the world at large celebrates blindly. It has become an unquestioned part of the way our society functions. It is promoted and children are led into it from birth.

It's a backwards world where people don't even know what they are celebrating nor do they question it. They accept it even though what is clear even to the ignorant is that what is celebrated is the macabre and the representation of evil. Then people wonder what Christians are on about when they try to expose the truth about it in a warning that even though it appears 'harmless' it is anything but.

Warning this website unfortunately has some bad music attached to it but the information is good. Just mute your volume to read.
www.demonbuster.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

Actually it is a backwards world when one just believes what one is told to believe.

From your own source.

Q. How did the custom begin?
A. Each year on Oct. 31, the Druids celebrated the eve of the Celtic new year with the Festival of Samhain.

The problem with this little factoid, is that the ancient Druids would not have celebrated the eve of the Celtic new year every year on Oct. 31st. Seeing as they had no idea what an October was. Like every other Holiday of its day the Celtic new year would occur with the occurrence of a certain moon not have a fixed date.

The hyper religious just piss me off, really. So smug in their self-righteous indignation. I have no issue with Halloween, you can try to explain how it is wrong until you are blue in the face. The fact is to most people it is a time for scary stories, fun with friends and the occasional prank and nothing more. Don't like than don't do it, but quit acting like your # doesn't stink because it does.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DISRAELI

This is a very topical application of Paul's comments in 1 Corinthians ch10 (I have a current thread on the general issue of "idols", based on that passage). He tells them that they ought not to participate in the festivities belonging to the worship of idols; if they belong to the Lord's "table", they should not be eating at a different table at the same time.

Thank you for those additions, expanding on intent to inform by the Word. Such is exactly why I appealed especially to those that profess to be Christian in their footing.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Lady_Tuatha

Hi LadyTuatha,

I think what you will discover is that the Christians who genuinely do their homework are the people who do not put up or celebrate Christmas, halloween nor do they go to Church on Sunday's. The world is filled with Christians that don't bother researching or delving into The Word and how IT applies to how we are called to Live in Truth.

I can only speak for myself but I do not subscribe to any religion nor do I believe that it was the desire of our Heavenly Father that the world be filled with a million religions all fighting and claiming to be HIS Truth. For me religion is the world of politics just on a different slant. It serves society because if there was really a sect that did just as we have been called to live by The Word then you would see society reeling against it.

Simply put the truth goes against everything in this world including everything that is celebrated and how it is celebrated with the exception of very few examples. Christians on the most part are just as ignorant as anyone else and celebrate them all the same.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, looks like a duck then I'm pretty sure it's a duck.

That is no different with something like halloween and it has nothing to do with a religious perspective as I am not a part of a religion. I see evil being celebrated and everything 'unholy' made to look like 'fun' and that equals that what is celebrated is 'evil' and the dark things of life. Simple.

Who or what do you think is behind promoting a day of celebrating death, witches, ghosts, demons, superstitions and the like? Do you think it would be anything 'good' behind such a celebration in truth?

I struggle with my own fleshly adversities making my convictions painful and not always what I want to know. Yet still that is what the 'good fight' is all about in truth and that is where the struggle is on a daily basis. I am no different in my own hypocrisies and the things that as yet need refining and a purging.

The difference is that I yearn truth and even if it hurts I am willing because I love HIM and I love HIS TRUTH. I can forego the crap in this world if it means that I can get closer to HIM even if it takes me how ever long because I too rebel and that is the Fight. I am not blind to my own struggles and hypocrisies, trust me.

You call my hyper-religious but really I have sought the truth all my life and as a result threw away anything that obstructed that narrow path. The truth is and demands the very thing that goes against our fallen natures making it the hardest thing to reckon with. Yet it is the ultimate emancipator from the captive lies that have us all bound in deceit.

You want to celebrate something fun and play pranks then I am certain there can be a festive day without making it about demons, sorcery, death and all things wicked.

We have lost the way to the point where people can't even see the obvious anymore.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thanks for the warning. If I could do magic, I'd be doing it all night long. Oh, iyou should check out Google. The Halloweien logo links to a concise history of witches that should educate you. I found it very informative.

The first witches were seen as healers, known in local villages and towns as the women to go to when feeling sick as they could whip up a quick herbal remedy.

However, in Europe during the Middle Ages, many witches were seen as connected to sorcery and the devil. The Christian church believed witches were given special powers in return for their loyalty to Satan. This way of thinking ushered in an anti-witch hysteria that stretched from the 15th to 18th century that left tens of thousands dead due to paranoid executions.

This worry made it overseas as well. The Salem Witch Trials, which took place in Massachusetts in the 1690s, are one of the most famous examples of anti-witch panic in history. After several young girls in Salem began contorting their bodies and wailing beyond anyone’s control, people within the town began suspecting witchcraft, and quickly pointed fingers at any marginalized person in town, like one family’s African slave and a homeless beggar. Soon the area dissolved into paranoid blaming, trials with little evidence, and torturous imprisonment for more than 200 people. By the time the hysteria died down, more than 20 people had been executed for being witches.

m.csmonitor.com...
edit on 31-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I think some people look too deeply into things. Our children are dressing up and collecting candy and going to parties with goodies and music and dancing. Some enjoy spooky houses, spooky stories, spooky movies...They don't have to be all blood and gore and devil worship stuff. It's a fun holiday.

We have enough doom and gloom in the world, enough rules and regulations. One day of letting your hair down and having a bit of fun is like a breath of fresh air sometime.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Was wondering what took you so long to get here?

In any case, I went over your materials, however they were not convicting nor in depth as to the historical study of this day of partaking included by myself and Egyptia.

edit on 1-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a hallmark holiday

nothing more

nothing less

no debil. soz.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

PrimeLight

Was wondering what took you so long to get here?

In any case, I went over your materials, however they were not convicting nor in depth as to the historical study of this day of partaking included by myself and Egyptia.

edit on 1-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

In other words their materials weren't bastardized copy. Where tidbits of fact were skewed by some religious whackjob so you don't care for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

What aspects of the link were inaccurate? You did not specify for basis. If you can raise consciousness above insult, then maybe you can offer something a little more fruitful to the table to enlighten. I was not impressed by his link as it was moreso focused upon witch persecution and nowhere near as thorough in historical root breakdowns of Halloween origins as what we offered.

edit on 2-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

I want to say that I am hopeful that you are going into such threads because you are seeking and yearning for truth.

I extend to you my prayer in a love that hopes you will be touched in some miraculous manner because all I see is a person who seeks to destroy the One True message created for the purpose of salvation to us all direct from the Loving Heart of The Father that Created us in HIS Image and Whom doesn't want to see us lost.

The root of this message is that HE Loves us and deems us worthy even though we prove time and time again otherwise. If we look at the truth and we 'see' what we are and what we have created in this world, a world of suffering and decay it is an absolute wonder that HE Loves us the way HE does.

So we are all absolutely precious to HIM and HE is waiting for each of us to accept HIS Gift so we can come home because without HIM there IS no home for any of us anywhere.

As per the origins of Halloween I do believe the links provided give a proper perspective as to how this celebrated day began. We can say it is 'just' a celebration but all things have a meaning and their roots are telling of what alignment all things are connected to. Halloween is a prime example of something that is aligned to 'darkness' and denying the obvious is to me something that I can't comprehend.

To clarify, when I see a demon I don't think it's an angel and delude myself that it is one.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Egyptia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Egyptia

In a nutshell:
Halloween is a time to deepen our connection to the cycles of the seasons, to the generations that have come before us and those that will follow, and to the Gods and Goddesses we worship.

So this is what the world at large celebrates blindly. It has become an unquestioned part of the way our society functions. It is promoted and children are led into it from birth.

i'm not really following this thread, but I stumbled on it somehow and noticed this comment and I have this to add:

What is wrong with ANY of what is described there, and how is it ANY different than going to "confession" or just meditating (as some Christians might..)??
how are any of these things harmful or evil or even anti-Christian at ALL!?

-acknowledging and respecting our ancestors..
-gaining spiritual insight..
-deepening our connection with nature..

besides the fact that they dare mention "Gods" (the forbidden PLURAL of polytheism that terrifies Christians, even though much of their old testament emerged from the polytheist origins of Judaism..)

Rant concluded. I would be interested in your response!
edit on 25-11-2013 by HyphenSt1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

what i'm really saying is: IF people actually celebrated Halloween this way, it wouldn't be the candy and party-centric thing it is today.. IF people actually followed the origins of Samhain and practiced what you quoted, I think it would be an even more joyous holiday. As corporatized and neutered as every holiday has become, I would like to hear anyone make a case for another holiday that truly brings as much genuine fun and joy to MOST people who participate, as opposed to thanksgiving or Christmas where everyone is expected to pretend to be a saint..

top topics

join