1. Do you really think that there is a terrorist threat that represents a serious problem to the status quo
? I think there is a terrorist
threat that represents a serious problem to every man woman, & child in the US & other countries. There are biological & nuclear weapons that a
terrorist can use to wipe out entire cities--wiping out people indiscriminately, regardess of "status quo" or not.
2. Do you think that, as Americans, our civil liberties are being eroded, slowly but surely through proxies like the war on terror and the war on
drugs? I do think our civil liberties are being eroded due to the war on terror, but the question is--how do you keep tabs on potential terrorists
without it? Maybe there is a way, and maybe there isn't. As for the war on drugs--I hate drugs, so I frankly could care less.
3. Do you think that the military is cool? You know, like big tanks and fast planes, and stuff like that, does that please you? I think soldiers in
general (not every single one, mind you) are noble. I'm not into GI Joe toys or Rambo movies, if that's what you're asking.
4. Is the CIA fallout
in response to our
ties to Israel
and their links to 911, or in relation to a fundamental shift in
terms of the CIA's modus operandi? I don't think the CIA kept up with the times after the Cold War...and they needed a shakeup. Maintaining a
puerile rivalry with the FBI & not properly sharing information with them didn't help them.
5. What do you think of the national budget deficit? Does it need to be paid, and why? I feel that if the deficit doesn't get paid we're
screwed...just like smokers get screwed many many years down the line w/cancer & the like. However, I do feel the govt is going to do something sneaky
when that time comes to pay...I don't know if it'll be having a war with another country, or what...but something's gonna happen.
6. Would you be for or against the US invasion of Iran? If Iran has nukes & they swing back into a Westerners must die Al Quada (sp) type philosophy,
and the US feels it is in immediate danger--ok. But--by the time they have nukes, it'll be too late to do that, won't it? Do we want to let hostile
countries develop their weapons programs to the point where they've got missiles pointed our way? That's the $25,000 question. What do you think?
7. With major events like 911 or the Bali bombing, have you ever asked yourself the question, "cui bono", or, who benefits from the outcome of such
an event? I do think there is more that meets the eye in those cases. But I don't think Bush made an order to cause 911 so he could invade
Iraq for oil and plunge us into slavery.