It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis strike shipment of Russian missiles at Syrian port

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by redshoes

And Israel and all air forces around the world train for dealing with ground defenses. Just the idea that Hezbollah had any kind of system like this would bring Israel in in force to destroy them. And even a mobile SAM launcher isn't the easiest thing to hide. Not if you want to use it. There are multiple components to it, and all it takes it finding one, and you can knock out at least part of the system and degrade its effectiveness.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Agent_USA_Supporter

buster2010

Zaphod58
reply to post by deadcalm

A number of sources have reported that Syrian and Iranian missiles have been transferred to Hezbollah through Syria.

So what? Syria and Hezbollah are allies. If Syria wants to give Hezbollah weapons they have that right.

The same right as much as Saudi Arabia giving the " Moderate rebels" arms to Right?

I think you mean the paid for mercenaries.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by buster2010

I never said anything either way about it. I simply answered the question as to what Israel saw itself as defending against.

I'm sorry my bad. I must have missed Syria's announcement that they were giving these to Hezbollah.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

So unless you have a much better source than the Russians, or the other sources I've found, and can prove these are S-300s, you're speculating about it.

Yes, proof by internet. Speculating about what? What they hit? Well, I wasn't on a nearby hill top with binoculars and neither were you. Whatever it was, I'll guran-damn-tee you it was perceived as a threat to the conquest of Syria.

There is no speculation about they hit something. Violated sovereign airspace of another country (the Biggest Crime in the West) and did it with permission and assistance from the very same West. But thats okay, right?

Or increasingly okay? Or we done it so many times we don't care any more okay?

Always amazes me how some perceive a threat as justification to carry out actual destruction on others.

Keep on truckin'

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I also didn't say that these missiles were the threat, now did I. Again, I simply answered a question.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

And yet you sit here hinting and saying that they were S-300s like you know that they were.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Israel will have their day and they know it, nobody to blame but themselves, same goes for the USA and their petro dollar
Furthermore If the UN continues to disregard it's own laws it should be summarily dismantled and routed of corruption, no country should have special status over another.
edit on 31-10-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Has seen anyone the sickening, disturbing comments at the Jerusalem post article? it seems Humanitarian Interventionists, Republicans are showing their true colors
There are over 85 facebook posts, with nearly 400+ disqus comments you have to you ask a question whatever if these comments are made actual people.

Unless of course the comments were being posted by sock puppets whom are being desperate for cause or a recent operation operated by the government.

Here are a few samples of them.

So Israel should just sit by and let Hezbollah terrorist acquire military equipment? I know, those UN monitors will intervene for sure, just like they shephard truckloads of missiles into Lebanon.

Barry is too coward to deal with Syria, Iran or Egypt, but his big mouth seems to work perfectly.

comment by Reuven whom has his profile set to private. Calling Obama a coward to deal with Syria, Hench a coward for not wanting to start a War with Russia.

On NBC news tonight, the attack was just mentioned. Factual because it happened. It was then followed up with a report that talked about Assad murdering his people and attempting genocide. Obviously, the media decided there was no problem with Israel attacking. Very interesting.

An Israeli Supporter supporting the rebels by claiming Assad is attempting a genocide. But ignores the war crimes committed by the rebels funded by the Saudis and other gulf regimes.

Comment by Tati.

Again and again 'peaceful' people eager to see iran in ruins. Instead go to the Iranian site with a friendly advice to dismantle their nuclear program. No harm will be done.

Really idiotic post and untrue.

Here's a comment by a religious fanatic clearer a religious fanatic.

So glad that Israel has our front door in the Middle East, with the present administration in Washington D.C., having a very difficult time in deciding, or picking who our true friends are in the Middle East. I feel more secure knowing Israel knows who to trust, and have kept there promises and values. May our Heavenly Father Bless and protect His chosen people, and your light never go out. Shalom my friends...

Israel's so badass. I support them completely.

To see the rest of the other comments,posts in general.
'White House official confirms Israeli attack on Syrian missile site'

You might asking why have i posted the quotes from the commenting sections from the Jerusalem post article? well just to show you how some Republicans some at least haven't chanced at all.

Unless of course the comments were made by sock puppets which their seems to be plenty of them on the Jerusalem and they are showing their true colors by supporting the rebels and wanting a war with the Russians.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   

buster2010

Agent_USA_Supporter

buster2010

Zaphod58
reply to post by deadcalm

A number of sources have reported that Syrian and Iranian missiles have been transferred to Hezbollah through Syria.

So what? Syria and Hezbollah are allies. If Syria wants to give Hezbollah weapons they have that right.

The same right as much as Saudi Arabia giving the " Moderate rebels" arms to Right?

I think you mean the paid for mercenaries.

Same thing my freind.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

And yet you sit here hinting and saying that they were S-300s like you know that they were.

I was just reading "sources like you". One said S300s. This one says SA-8…

From the liars mouth

Tomorrow it will be how Israel saved the world from a "secret underground nuclear bomb factory".

Done here.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Sounds like Israels problem. However we could just be using them as a proxy war state. The American people didn't want to launch attacks on Syria therefore we use Israel to do it and drag us in. Nothing new. Hopefully the American people don't fall for this nonsense. Israel needs a good spanking.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Zaphod58
reply to post by intrptr

Yeah I dunno why S-300s would be a threat. We aren't supplying terrorists with planes. So dunno. Guess we will see.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Israel is a UK/US/Western puppet state.

They won't be dragging the US into anything, they'll be doing what they're told just like the rest of us.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Pinkorchid

When did it ever start?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

The alleged target of the new attack was also the P-800 Oniks Yakhont launchers and missiles supplied by Russia to Syria. The Israeli Navy, which is being reorganized, has no answer to this sophisticated defense weapon. Latakia is in front of Cyprus, a close ally of Israel, and next to the large Eastern Mediterranean Gas Fields. Israel is attempting to secure them for itself, and thus is interested in destroying weapons blocking its freedom of movement.

Nearby the attacked base was a chemical weapons production site. This fact explains the timing of the bombing. Today, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons in The Hague announced that the dismantling of chemical weapons and installations in Syria had ended one day before the scheduled. The attack was timed so that no international workers of that organization would be in the area.

More here....
www.roitov.com...

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I think its wild that the mainstream media in the UK just report on the attack , they give an analysis , but make no mention that this was again the 4th or 5th unprovoked attack on a sovereign nation without any backlash whilst Syria are doing everything they have been asked to avoid conflict.

We know that Israel would have to fly over other countries and airspace controlled by western allies
so our military knew it was taking place.

Nothing reported on that , what actually happened to journalism , surely not every journalist is bought and paid for to report absolute rubbish.

Surely there are those left who will try to provide some semblance of truth and give us real information as to what has happened.

Its a total joke Syria attacked again and the UN allow it the world allows it , all because Israel gets to play the trump card!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Zaphod58

I also didn't say that these missiles were the threat, now did I. Again, I simply answered a question.

So Israel can destroy whatever they want. All they have to do is say they were going to give to somebody who doesn't like us.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Please stop putting words in my mouth. Where did I ever say anything even resembling that? Apparently even answering a simple question is impossible now.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
You know as I read through the thread all I see is sympathizers of one side or the other.

So long as the citizens of the world approve of their nations militaries bombing another nation "in there honor" or "in defense" of, this # will continue ad naseum. You are all playing along and empowering them just by justifying one side or another.

Murder is murder any way you shake it. There's no such thing as a ligetimate preemptive attack. It's an attack because that nation wanted to soften the abilities of another nation. Usually as witnessed recently by the USA, send them back to the Stone Age infrastructurely. Never you mind the thousands, or hundreds of thousands of dead civilians.

The only real creeps of any nation are there leaders. Remove the leaders and there's no problem. Ask the 'people' of countries how they feel about war. Are there extremists? Sure, but they're not the critical mass.

Is there a lot of deep seeded anger for Israel? Yes. Unfounded? No

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Beavers
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Israel is a UK/US/Western puppet state.

They won't be dragging the US into anything, they'll be doing what they're told just like the rest of us.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Beavers because: (no reason given)

Uh huh,

"EVERY TIME WE DO SOMETHING, YOU TELL ME AMERICANS WILL DO THIS AND WILL DO THAT. I WANT TO TELL YOU SOMETHING VERY CLEAR: DON'T WORRY ABOUT AMERICAN PRESSURE ON ISRAEL;

WE, THE JEWISH PEOPLE, CONTROL AMERICA. AND THE AMERICANS KNOW IT."

-- Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon
October 3, 2001

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join