It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moustache November - Mens health awareness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Who out there is going to be growing a moustache, loud and proud for November to raise awareness and money for charity's supporting prostate cancer research.

Link

The general rules:
Clean shave on 31st of October.
Grow and groom a mustache for all of November.
Collect for charity and spread the word that prostate cancer is very real and the odds too high to ignore.

I grow a pretty terrible mustache, but that makes the campaign all the more effective

Anyone else in?
Its easy and you get to shave just a small amount less with the best of excuses!

Ladies? You can just sit there, look pretty and enjoy the manly men marching around with their 'staches held high.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

First of all, it's no shave November.

You're thinking of Mustache March.
A game my generation has been playing for years.
Also, Neckbeard November is pretty fun too.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by rangerdanger

Moustache/mustache

Mo for short, Mo-vember

Not thinking of any other month

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
No no no!

Its Mo-vember....

I cannot take part as i already have a beard...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
A Drag Queen with a Moustache? Some Gender Bending realness!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
If a mans testosterone level drops quickly than it increases the chances of an enlarged prostate which can lead to prostate cancer sometimes. It has something to do with normal androgen levels while the testosterone drops. The cheapest and easiest way to buffer the drop in testosterone is to eat food with bromelain in it. Fresh pineapple, bananas, and grapefruit contain bromelain. Also some beers and booze contain some because bromelain is used to participate solids out.

Now this linked article seems to say the opposite, which doesn't seem right. I can't understand that. I suppose if testosterone and androgen are imbalanced it may cause problems either way. I would be interested in seeing the research that led to the conclusion on the article, It is in direct opposition of the article I just read. It may be that the writer of this article has it backwards, I see that a lot. People let their beliefs distort their perception. Since I had no knowledge when I started reading the research and no beliefs either way and I am aware of this self deception, I doubt if I read the research wrong. It is not impossible though so I will go find and examine some of this evidence again.

I already have a mustache and am not starting over again.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
me and my mate are doing it, pics will follow

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Ive not been without my mustache only a couple times in 42 yrs. I guess I could shave it OFF for this event????!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Yes!

Scared of freshing that up a bit?

Hey its a fun for people who dont normally sport a moustache, generates a little money for the research and may just made a few guys get themselves checked out - it could save their life.

but no, yours is worth more than that eh

A real man can start again.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Biigs

Back in the day...I used to offer cute girls "moustache rides" next Saturday. And ask them if they wanted to come.

I know, I know. But, that was then...now , Im not sure if there is really a lip under there or not....

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

with great moustache comes great moustacheability.

Do what you need to do, you are a man, do manly things for november.

new topics

top topics

join