It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any Evidence that the Ancient Alien Theorist have put forth that has not been Debunked?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I am currently watching an H2 episode of "Unsealed: Alien Files" (I do enjoy it for entertainment purposes), and as a curiosity, I began to log the phrases being used when describing their "proof" or explanations. It is quickly looking like the start of a new drinking game. Each time one of these phrases is spoken , you need to down a shot of whatever:

"some believe"
"seems to be"
"you have to wonder"
"if we believe"
"then perhaps"
"maybe if"
"may prove"
"a lot of believers feel"
"it implies"
"what appears to be"
"what else could it be"
"I don't know....but..."

You may find that after even a 30 minute episode, you are plastered. If that's the case, then how accurate is this stuff?

edit on 10/31/2013 by Krakatoa because: Added more drinking phrases I heard

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Galileo400

History is told by the victors/survivors, however you wanna put that, that's how it is.

Until someone figures out a backwards time machine, we will NEVER know for sure what happened in the past.

We dont even know whats going on in our world today with all the hearsay, misinformation, and propaganda going around, how can we expect decoding history to be any different?

Debating ancient aliens is like debating the existence of god, or aliens themselves, it all boils down to what you believe, seeing as how no one has an ounce of proof for any of the above.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Krakatoa

Ancient aliens doesnt claim to know anything, the show is a giant question mark, it simply puts forth theories, no proof is ever truly claimed, and if it is, it is ALWAYS on the personal level, someones opinion.

I dont get why everyone thinks its some new religion, but thats a damn good idea for a drinking game :p

gonna get me a six and watch an episode in a bit

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
They haven't debunked any of them. Just speculation and opinion.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Unity_99
They haven't debunked any of them. Just speculation and opinion.

"Just speculation and opinion", you mean the AA claimants, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Krakatoa
I am currently watching an H2 episode of "Unsealed: Alien Files" (I do enjoy it for entertainment purposes), and as a curiosity, I began to log the phrases being used when describing their "proof" or explanations. It is quickly looking like the start of a new drinking game. Each time one of these phrases is spoken , you need to down a shot of whatever:

"some believe"
"seems to be"
"you have to wonder"
"if we believe"
"then perhaps"
"maybe if"
"may prove"
"a lot of believers feel"
"it implies"
"what appears to be"

You may find that after even a 30 minute episode, you are plastered. If that's the case, then how accurate is this stuff?

The above illustration, I think, is AA's attempt at a poor imitation of Scientific Language, and deliberately misleading as well.

In Science, we never ever really "prove" anything. The question of anything and everything is always open for debate where the best explanation of observation wins.
We always 'interpret' our data sets.
We thus use terms like "indicates", "probability", and other such in oweing that whatever current understanding of any something may later due new approaches, techniques, and related discoveries come under amendment.

Unfortunately, many laymen and outright uneducated misinterpret this to claim that Science "doesn't know what it's doing" because all there really are is "Theories", and "Hypotheses".
It's sad this understanding and misinterpretation of Scientific Language exists, but, we see it near every day here on ATS alone.

edit on 10/31/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Removed following a clarification of the above post.

Thanks

edit on 10/31/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I just edited the previous post to make it clearer that AA's approach to language used is poor imitation of Scientific Language, and also willfully misleading.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Did ALL the dinosaurs die 65 MYA?

It depends on how you define dinosaur, there are a number of species that existed then that still exist today and there is evolution for example all birds are "dinosaurs", when you eat chicken you can take a closer look and see that the basic design is still there...

Then there are the cryptids especially in the sea that we know even today very little and it has lots of room and few people but do not get your hopes up the atmosphere has changed drastically since then, for instance a pterodactyl (the larger ones) wouldn't be able to fly on our less denser atmosphere...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   
i dont get into this much, but i caught an episode on the phoenix lights the other day and from the footage i saw, they haven't even come close to figuring that one out. flares my ass.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Jchristopher5

1. Certain megalithic structures defy rational explanation of their origin. Often times these monuments were quarried many miles away, and stone weighting hundreds of thousands of tons are somehow moved to the sites. These are often apparent where our historians believe that the society was primitive, lacking basic tools, including the wheel and lever. Yet, they constructed Punka Puna, the Great Pyramid, Stonehenge, and many others?

Religion can be irrational. Just because we do not know why ancient peoples did certain things does not mean that they must have been done by extraterrestrials. Construction techniques can be lost over time. None of the ancient monuments shows signs of having broken physical law during their construction.

2. Our religious texts, including the Christian Bible, tell of strange "alien" encounters.

No, they tell of humanity's encounters with spiritual beings.

3. Our earliest cave drawings have drawings of alien-looking creatures.

No, they do not. The earliest cave drawings feature identifiable animals and human beings. More recent drawings feature shamans in costumes designed to emphasize their "other worldliness."

4. Our first writings, from ancient Summeria, tell of Encounters and even our creation by off-world creatures.

No, they tell of our creation by drunken, lazy, fearful deities. Try actually reading the original material instead of Sitchin's interpretations some time.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

"They put forth a theory".. We'll stated... The true process of a theory, is to do all you can, to prove it wrong..

I see that done with AA theory, but the opposite with many other theory's.. It seems to be the standard today, to put forth a theory, and do everything possible to prove it right... Evolution for example...

OP, one thing I've noticed that the debunkers of AA's can't supply an adequate counter too.. Many ancient peoples world wide. Have an oral tradition, art work, temples and religions based off of the gods descending on the earth.. Mayans, Sumerians, Hopi, aborigines, Jews and many others.. How did the same story circulate the globe? Why do we find the same type of architecture ( pyramid) on every continent?

Ether there is a thread of truth to the stories, or our history books lie to us. Instead of an upward evolution. Man has had a downward trend.. A pale comparison of our ancestors. Copy, of a copy, of a copy.... Maybe it's a mixture of both..

Who knows, if the stories are true, we may find out in our life time... The "gods" are suppose to return...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   

AliceBleachWhite

I just edited the previous post to make it clearer that AA's approach to language used is poor imitation of Scientific Language, and also willfully misleading.

I agree with everything you said ..and I sent you a PM for Halloween

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   

HooHaa
reply to post by 8fl0z

"They put forth a theory".. We'll stated... The true process of a theory, is to do all you can, to prove it wrong..

I see that done with AA theory, but the opposite with many other theory's.. It seems to be the standard today, to put forth a theory, and do everything possible to prove it right... Evolution for example...

OP, one thing I've noticed that the debunkers of AA's can't supply an adequate counter too.. Many ancient peoples world wide. Have an oral tradition, art work, temples and religions based off of the gods descending on the earth.. Mayans, Sumerians, Hopi, aborigines, Jews and many others.. How did the same story circulate the globe? Why do we find the same type of architecture ( pyramid) on every continent?

Ether there is a thread of truth to the stories, or our history books lie to us. Instead of an upward evolution. Man has had a downward trend.. A pale comparison of our ancestors. Copy, of a copy, of a copy.... Maybe it's a mixture of both..

Who knows, if the stories are true, we may find out in our life time... The "gods" are suppose to return...

People from the sky that have amazing powers?
It's a simple artifact of psychology. We're all human, so, we're wired the same, and thus have a propensity for falling for the same very similar flights of imagination.

Why do we have stories all over the planet about people from the sky?
The sky, for primitive peoples was inaccessible.
So too was the deep earth underground, and any other far away (imagined) place.
It's a very simple artifact of human psychology to attribute imaginary attributions to places inaccessible and undiscovered.
We see this time and again in even fairly recent works of entertainment fiction produced about locales Science had as of yet caught up to and given adequate observation with works about Journeys to the Center of the Earth, Lost World and Valley of Dinosaurs, John Carter's adventures on Mars, 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, and on and on.

We know these examples to be works of fiction, but, when they were first published, they were very much also works of speculation.

Ancient man did the very same thing; made up stories about inaccessible places and the "people" or beings they imagined would or could come from such imagined places.
These imaginary speculations became part of the social fabric in storytelling and eventually integrated culturally as origin stories, because, hey, what's better than just talking about people from the sky, but actually being descended from them?

That's how the "SAME" stories feature all over the planet. Additionally, people come from other people and they take their stories with them, so, we can see a fair similarity in geographically close and adjacent cultures when it comes to origin stories.

Pyramids? All over the planet?
This argument might hold water if every pyramid structure all over the planet was built exactly the same, but, no, such is not the case.
Every pyramid is unique to its own culture, and in the case of some cultures, we've adequate historicity in the progression of development of engineering practices up to the building of the first pyramid.
Further, primitive engineering-wise, what do you expect? Skyscrapers built from steel and glass?
One of the most effectively stable structures to build using primitive technologies and materials is a pyramid. It's a no-brainer.
If aliens were involved, we should be finding skyscrapers built above and beyond modern standards.
Nothing, however, above and beyond the ability of humans to imagine and accomplish all their own entirely independent of any outside consulting is in evidence.

edit on 10/31/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wow! Great response guys. Okay, we have a lot of good input here. First, I'm going to summarize the topics that have been brought up and kind of put them in “piles”. I will be using Occam's Razor as a sorting tool. (If you're not familiar with Occam's Razor...look it up.) Also, I'm not looking for “Proof”, just evidence. Because, really in science you never actually prove anything. Proofs are for the mathematicians and coin collectors. ABNARTY made the point that the term “debunked” needs to be defined. I will attempt a definition by example. If Ancient Aliens say that humans could not have done “such 'n such” and others demonstrate that we can, then we are “debunked”. Nothing has been proven, but Occam's Razor favors humans over aliens. We want stronger evidence.

Megalithic Structures: The truth here is that humans have demonstrated great skill at working with stone; even big ones. Puma Punku is a great place, but the AA crew couldn't even get the type of stones right and their age for the place is based on old and bad archeology. It's clear that the place is much younger than the AA crew thinks. Modern archeologist have found the tools used, including cast metal alloy tools. In fact, I haven't seen any megalithic structures that pass muster. Here is where Occam's razor favors humans not aliens.

Religious Texts: Here is some good stuff. The Hebrew works (The Bible) have been shown to be very faithfully copied from antiquity down through the ages, so I think it's a great source and there are some cool stories (Ezekiel) in it.

Sumerian texts are interesting, but almost worthless. Sitchin's work is horrible and it's what all of the AA crew's theories are based on. Also, the Sumerians themselves were horrible at keeping their own stories straight. There are more story changes in their work than a politician on the day after the election.

Cave Drawings: Some of these are good; others not so strong. I think we need to pick through the best stuff. It is important to keep this evidence in context. The drawing by itself is not enough. The culture and age of the drawing is very important. In particular, the Anasazi (Hopi) Native Americans are very interesting. They have some good “alien” like drawings and their culture speaks of “Star People”. And, THEY'RE STILL HERE!

The Dogons: Weak evidence. Sorry.

Summary:
* Megalithic Structures – Out
* Religious Texts (Hebrew) – In
* Sumerian Texts – Out
* Cave Drawings – In, but needs some work.
* The Dogons: - Out

Now, what else?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Alienboy2012

This is just one. 2, How Lt. Col. Corso (The Day After Roswell) named names, dates & times & was no one named has ever come fwd. to say he is liar.

Roswell is a good source. It's clear that "something" happened and that there was a big cover-up; but, there are two reasons why the military and the government would want to cover it up.
  1. Secret Military Hardware
  2. Aliens
We can't ignore 'A' because the debunkers won't. But, I still think the Roswell event has merit.

Summary:
  1. Megalithic Structures – Out
  2. Religious Texts (Hebrew) – In
  3. Sumerian Texts – Out
  4. Cave Drawings – In, but needs some work.
  5. The Dogons: - Out
  6. Roswell - In

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
The title of your thread is uniformed and therefore is misleading and stupid. There is a plethora of stuff that hasn't been successfully debunked.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Galileo400
Wow!Summary:
* Megalithic Structures – Out

Now, what else?

Uhhh ... No! You just threw out the best clue to 'ancient' that we have ... based on what ... opinion?

Put it back ... right now ... or I quit.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Panic2k11

Did ALL the dinosaurs die 65 MYA?
It depends on how you define dinosaur...

You are absolutely correct. I like to kid around with people by referring to chickens as dinosaurs. Also, dinosaur eggs! Seriously though, I was going for the classic stegosaurus (seen in carvings), big theropods, and long necks (seen in paintings).

You know, archeologist found a T-Rex in the western US that had soft tissue inside the bones. They were stunned. How could that survive 65 Million years? I say, maybe it didn't? Maybe it's only a few thousand years old?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join