It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is there any Evidence that the Ancient Alien Theorist have put forth that has not been Debunked?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I have watched the Ancient Aliens shows and really enjoyed them. Now, I'm no push over and I knew that many of their ideas, hollow Earth, were really stupid, but then I was impressed by a few others. Also, the characters on the show are very entertaining; especially Capitan Hair. But now, I've watched the Ancient Aliens Debunked video and I'm left with the question, is there anything that they've put forth that has any merit at all?

Actually, there is one idea they put forth that I think is very good, but it has nothing to with aliens. Did ALL the dinosaurs die 65 MYA? There is some evidence that large dinos may have existed as recent as a few thousand years ago. I think that is very possible and would explain the evidence. But, that’s a different thread.

If you think you know of any evidence put forth by the Ancient Aliens crew that is credible, or at least un-debunked, please lay it out here in this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Galileo400

If you think you know of any evidence put forth by the Ancient Aliens crew that is credible, or at least un-debunked, please lay it out here in this thread.

This is my evidence that some of what is put forth by the show, has not been credibly debunked

Dumb Old Lady vs. Ancient Aliens Debunked
www.abovetopsecret.com...

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Galileo400

I personally see a number of things that have not been adequately debunked.

1. Certain megalithic structures defy rational explanation of their origin. Often times these monuments were quarried many miles away, and stone weighting hundreds of thousands of tons are somehow moved to the sites. These are often apparent where our historians believe that the society was primitive, lacking basic tools, including the wheel and lever. Yet, they constructed Punka Puna, the Great Pyramid, Stonehenge, and many others?

2. Our religious texts, including the Christian Bible, tell of strange "alien" encounters.

3. Our earliest cave drawings have drawings of alien-looking creatures.

4. Our first writings, from ancient Summeria, tell of Encounters and even our creation by off-world creatures.

I am convinced that we are not alone, and that we never have been.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Jchristopher5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Thank you for such a clear response to this issue. I am personally really tired of people attacking the ancient theory (and show) for no reason other than they personally don't like the idea (kind of like population control).

You summed up several points of evidence that cannot be debunked factually- just by supposition. I would add to them bible stories that don't make much sense unless viewed through the ancient astronaut lens (e.g. Tower of Babel, why would an omnipotent god be afraid of human technological development?)

I can't understand why so many people are on a conspiracy site only to try to shout down every conspiracy put forth.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
The theory as presented by the show seems to boil down to the premise that highly advanced aliens were here relatively recently and all they did was pile up rocks on top of each other.

Seems a little silly on the face of it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
In my opinion, it all starts with "burden of proof". The way it supposed to go is if you make some claim (i.e. Aliens built structure X), then the burden is upon the claimant to provide the proof of their claim. Since it is nearly impossible to prove a negative, that is why the burden is upon the claimant.

So far, all the things they have provided as "proof" wouldn't even stand up in a court of law, let alone the scientific community. Personally, I would jump for joy in seeing actual proof of some alien visitation (for any reason) here on Earth.

But, that does not mean we should not seek that proof at all. It does not mean proof is saying, well, I don;t know how it was done, so it must be aliens that did it. No, it means it was done by humans in a manner we have yet to discover.

Proof: Humans exist
Proof: These structures exist

In order to prove that aliens created/built/etc... some structure, we must first have proof that aliens even exist (real proof, not claims or eyewitness testimony). Once alien existence is proven (which could even be a confirmed radio signal of alien intelligence billions of light years away), then it becomes plausible for them to visit Earth (using a tech we do not know of at this time).

I longingly await that initial proof.....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

CB328

I can't understand why so many people are on a conspiracy site only to try to shout down every conspiracy put forth.

It makes them feel intelligent and "better than".

In their defence, debate from all sides of any argument is healthy and is conducive to a balanced "theory" or the throwing out of a blatantly false one. There is credit to the argument of not having such an open mind that the brain falls out.
edit on 201310America/Chicago10pm10pmThu, 31 Oct 2013 14:12:59 -05001013 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Jchristopher5

I personally see a number of things that have not been adequately debunked.

1. Certain megalithic structures defy rational explanation of their origin. Often times these monuments were quarried many miles away, and stone weighting hundreds of thousands of tons are somehow moved to the sites. These are often apparent where our historians believe that the society was primitive, lacking basic tools, including the wheel and lever. Yet, they constructed Punka Puna, the Great Pyramid, Stonehenge, and many others?

2. Our religious texts, including the Christian Bible, tell of strange "alien" encounters.

3. Our earliest cave drawings have drawings of alien-looking creatures.

4. Our first writings, from ancient Summeria, tell of Encounters and even our creation by off-world creatures.

I am convinced that we are not alone, and that we never have been.

I am convinced there are millions of civilisations as advanced or more than our own in the universe. But that doesn't mean any have yet visited us.

In each of the above, is alien intervention the only possible explanation? Or are there other, varying, explanations? Occam's Razor

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Jchristopher5
Certain megalithic structures defy rational explanation of their origin.

Over many millennia, and thousands of generations, humans were reliant on their ability to work in stone. Do you not think, just maybe, they were actually quite good at building things with stone?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I find myself doubting more than believing simply because it is always aliens. Well, that and so much of it is deliberately misleading.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

As far as I know Giorgio A. Tsoukalos Hair is real and hasn't been debunked.

edit on 31-10-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   

The episode Ancient Aliens and Big foot was the one that made you see that this has become a money making scheme and no longer a search for knowledge. Soon they will have Ancient Aliens and Mickey Mouse with a straight face.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just because something is "un-debunked" does not mean it is credible by a long shot.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I guess I would we would have to decide what 'debunked' really means.

I see it as the AA theory claims X but the debunkers can prove X did not happen. I have not seen much of that. Instead the debunkers claim Y or Z seems more probable. Which I do not have a problem with but to claim a probability of Y or Z proves X patently false does not make sense.

Disclaimer: I am not ready to buy off on space aliens building the pyramids but neither am I ready to buy off on dudes pulling a 100 ton granite block 20 miles with some ropes because it is such a great idea.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

How the Dogon ppl of Mali who are believed to be of Egyptian origins knew that Sirius had 2 companion stars A & B when there was NO modern equiptment available to confirm that claim, they have maintained this from 3200bc. The Dogon's stated that the Nommo who arrived in sky ships told them they originate from the Sirius system and in turn told them about the 2 (unknown at the time) stars A & B) A french anthroplogist studied the Dogan from 1931 - 56 and was blown away by how a tribe of ppl who possess no modern equipment knew the position and rotational times for unseen and unknown stars..

This is just one. 2, How Lt. Col. Corso (The Day After Roswell) named names, dates & times & was no one named has ever come fwd. to say he is liar.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Alienboy2012

How the Dogon ppl of Mali who are believed to be of Egyptian origins knew that Sirius had 2 companion stars A & B when there was NO modern equiptment available to confirm that claim, they have maintained this from 3200bc. The Dogon's stated that the Nommo who arrived in sky ships told them they originate from the Sirius system and in turn told them about the 2 (unknown at the time) stars A & B) A french anthroplogist studied the Dogan from 1931 - 56 and was blown away by how a tribe of ppl who possess no modern equipment knew the position and rotational times for unseen and unknown stars..

This is just one. 2, How Lt. Col. Corso (The Day After Roswell) named names, dates & times & was no one named has ever come fwd. to say he is liar.

I watched something the other day on H or H2 where an anthropologist reinterviewed the dogon elders and they supposedly claimed to have never even heard of the third star or any stories even similar to it.

But who knows...hard to tell what is info and what is disinfo. I'll look for a link after work.

KPB

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I say debunk the debunkers. What the hell do they know anyway? I mean who cares what some myopic, thinks? They just don't get and never will. May the Gods help them.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Alienboy2012

With regard to the Dogon, these items add some doubt to their story IMO:

1. Their history (as I understand it) is passed down through the generations, verbally (not written), via the elders.

(NOTE: How accurate does a game of "telephone" where the first person is handed a written message, then tells person #2, who in turn tells person #3, etc.... down the line. If you have ever played that game as a kid, the longer the line, the further the message morphs into something totally different.)

2. They are a wildly superstitious people to this day, still following some of the ancient beliefs such as:

The Hogon is the spiritual leader of the village. He is elected from among the oldest men of the enlarged families of the village. After his election he has to follow a six-month initiation period, during which he is not allowed to shave or wash. He wears white clothes and nobody is allowed to touch him. A young virgin that has not yet had her period takes care of him, cleans the house and prepares his meals. She returns to her home at night.

After his initiation, he wears a red fez. He has an armband with a sacred pearl that symbolises his function. The virgin is replaced by one of his wives, but she also returns to her home at night. The Hogon has to live alone in his house. The Dogon believe the sacred snake Lébé comes during the night to clean him and to transfer wisdom.
(emphasis mine)

3. Some of their ritualistic practices are, according to many western standards, considered barbaric.

They are one of several African ethnic groups that practices female genital mutilation. The majority of the Dogon women practice a class 2 circumcision, meaning that both the clitoris and the labia minora are removed. Girls are circumcised around the age of 7 or 8 years, sometimes younger. Circumcision for both male and female is seen as necessary for the individual to gain gender. Before circumcision they are seen as 'neuter'.

Considering thee are the people claiming to have knowledge prior to western influence, it makes me doubt their validity. However, there's more....

4. Recently, in 2008, the Dogon claims have been successfully questioned, with instances of very plausible contact with western scientists prior to French anthropologist Marcel Griaule's claim that you are stating here.

In his book Sirius Matters, Noah Brosch postulates that the Dogon may have had contact with astronomers based in Dogon territory during a five week expedition, led by Henri-Alexandre Deslandres, to study the solar eclipse of April 16, 1893.[29] Robert Todd Carroll also states that a more likely source of the knowledge of the Sirius star system is from contemporary, terrestrial sources who provided information to interested members of the tribes.[30]

Sources:
Wikipedia: Dogon people
29. Brosch, Noah (2008), Sirius Matters, Springer, p. 66, retrieved January 21, 2011
30. Carroll, RT (2003). The Skeptic's Dictionary: A Collection of Strange Beliefs, Amusing Deceptions, and Dangerous Delusions. John Wiley & Sons. p. 104. ISBN 0-471-27242-6.

edit on 10/31/2013 by Krakatoa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
I know the show is all hooey but still like it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I personally rather enjoy an adaptation of a quotation from a Conan movie:

What is best in life?
To crush the enemies of reason, see their sacred cows driven before you to slaughter, and to hear the wailing lamentation of their adherents.

edit on 10/31/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join