It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Excessive Force: Cops Beat Man With Down Syndrome

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Magister

i wasn't knocking you, i was commenting on the fact that some sites take article or stories that happened long ago and print as just happening, with out acknowledging that it was a old story.

edit on 31-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

No knocks taken.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It sounds like maybe you would be someone who could answer my question. Is it illegal to walk around with something in our waistband? I didn't realize that would be cause to stop you at all without some other reason to search you?

TorqueyThePig
Absolutely uncalled for!

I have arrested/taken into protective custody plenty of people in my career that have fought me and I have never inflicted damage to somebody like that!

I have also had to subdue people with mental illnesses and while they can be extremely strong and do punch, kick, bite and spit, I have never had a problem gaining control without striking them! Especially if there is more than one officer present.

I don't want to Monday morning quarterback because I wasn't there but even if these officers had a legit reason to stop this person it appears they screwed up big time and used excessive force. They need to be held accountable! Internally, civilly and/or criminally.

Also as far as training goes, when I went through the academy 10 years ago we had ZERO training on interactions with citizens with Autism, Down Syndrome etc. The training was focused on dealing with the mentally ill who were a threat to themselves or others. I am not sure if there is any training in todays academies.

This really hits home with me because I have a daughter with a disability that falls within the Autism Spectrum.

At my department I have helped with training officers in dealing with these unique individuals with the help of a non profit organization called the Greater Autism Society. We have provided this training free for agencies in the county and surrounding counties. We actually have interactions with officers and people who suffer from Autism/Down Syndrome in various degrees. It is great training and I feel that it has helped tremendously.

Perhaps this agency could benefit from it!

edit on 31-10-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Magister

Another pig with small dick syndrome and a badge goes to town on an innocent.

Is this the new normal for these pricks?

This post has been heavily edited for your veiwing pleasure.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dav1d

Are they kidding open hand my a**. Human nature sucks- I need power!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

They probably thought he had a wedgey and got jealous!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join