It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riot Control: DHS Spends $500,000 on Fully Automatic Pepper Spray Launchers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

The DHS is at it again.

Stocking up for something.

This time it's riot control weapons.

Pepper spray launchers and projectiles.

I think they have circumvented the Posse Comitatus laws with internal government agencies.

Homeland Security to purchase “riot expansion kits” & 240,000 pepper spray projectiles as agency prepares for domestic unrest

The Department of Homeland Security is increasing its preparations for domestic unrest by spending half a million dollars on fully automatic pepper spray launchers and projectiles that are designed to be used during riot control situations.

In an announcement of a no bid contract posted on the Federal Business Opportunities website the federal agency signals its intention to purchase nearly 240,000 pepper spray projectiles, 100 pepper spray launchers, as well as 36 “riot expansion kits”.

supporting links in the article;

demo tac 700 pepperball
" TAC-700 Demo.mpg "

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What? I thought the DHS was created to protect us from terrorists? Oh... wait.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Helious because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I think they hired the craziest conspiracy theorists in our country and put them in charge of the DHS. Being a member of ATS might raise your qualifications for the DHS management jobs.

Maybe some of our out of work members should apply and put ATS as a reference

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
It's a paintball gun. If they spend more then 150 bucks for each of them, automatic, three burst rounds, they are really wasting money.. You can get a decent automatic for 150, can't even use them on the field in auto..
Auto is really a waste of balls, more prone to milk shake inside the chamber too going that fast and backfire in the officers faces..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Only 100 of them, eh? Hmmm.... This reminds me of the Superman Armor Suits purchased before the Republican Convention in Tampa. They didn't order very many then, either. around 150 or so. Just like this.

What kind of elite units are they building, I wonder. "Special Forces" of law enforcement? There are coming to be no lines at all between law enforcement and active duty military units in some ways. At least among some of domestic DHS operations.

Not cool at all. Not with everything else considered these days.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Cheaper Than Dirt sells very nice 12ga pump shotgun for just $175 with free shipping.
Even with pepper in ones eyes, I can guarantee a lot of damage with that puppy.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
$500,000 for a Tippmann paint ball marker even uses the stock feeder system that they have.

Well if they payed $500,000 for a stock Tippmann I wonder how much they'd pay me for my home rig? Shoots twice as far and has no range fall of in cold weather, so what maybe around $750,000 to $1,000,000 sound fair?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
If any one is really wondering look up Tippmann A5 is the model they're using.

Never liked the feeder system on it myself, it was took easy to get ball chop in them. I'd hate to be the one firing it and have a pepper ball get chopped while I'm holding that near my face.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Wrabbit2000

Only 100 of them, eh? Hmmm.... This reminds me of the Superman Armor Suits purchased before the Republican Convention in Tampa. They didn't order very many then, either. around 150 or so. Just like this.

What kind of elite units are they building, I wonder. "Special Forces" of law enforcement? There are coming to be no lines at all between law enforcement and active duty military units in some ways. At least among some of domestic DHS operations.

Not cool at all. Not with everything else considered these days.

It does seem to ring a bell when we hear about purchases in small quantities.

I bet they do in fact have some "special forces" teams.

Perhaps for "special" circumstances ?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Watched the video again when I came back to check on thread...

I was thinking, even if the officer has on a gas mask, so could the people they are firing at.

All they would need to protect against this would be a plastic shield/gas mask, just like the ones the cops got..

I don't think these are really for riot control, I believe now that they purchased these for personal fun time.

The good ole' boys gather every weekend to drink beer and play paintball. They just got their gear upgraded thanks to the tax payer..

That guy spraying peppery balls is not effective at all. Might as well just throw a gas canister.
edit on 31-10-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   
That'll be a routine weekend activity for cops before long...

"HEY GUYS! Who wants to hit the local rave and go mace-balling"

Who needs 12 pepper spray filled balls a second? Evil Nerf weapons for the government.

It really is just an everyday paintball gun, there's quite literally nothing special beyond the automatic fully auto and the nasty ammo.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join