It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US death toll in Iraq reaches 1200.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The US death toll has just reached 1,200 today, driven up in large part due to the operation in Fallujah which has killed an estimated 1,200 - 1,600 Iraqi insurgents.

The rate of death so far, 5.19 per day for the last 16 days, is the second highest since the Iraq war began. Surpassing the rte of 4.67 per day from the last assault on Fallujah which took place in April.

So far, 79 US troops have died in November and were only 2 weeks into the month.

For comparison, only 63 US troops died during the entire month of October and 80 died during the month of September.

The assaut in Fallujah appears to be dying down now but a new assault is starting on Mosul. Hopefully, Mosul won't turn out as bloody as the Fallujah assault.

Iraq Coalition Casualties

AP: November already is second deadliest month for U.S. troops in Iraq

Reuters:
1,600 Falluja rebels killed says Iraq minister

Washington Times: Mosul insurgents newest U.S. Iraq target

[edit on 16-11-2004 by AceOfBase]

TPL

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Sad but in comparison to other wars its relatively small.

posted on Nov, 16 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

As of Tuesday the Pentagon said 1,210 U.S. service members have died in Iraq since the conflict began 20 months ago. At the beginning of November the Pentagon count stood at 1,119, and it rose rapidly as the Fallujah fighting intensified and insurgents struck back in other cities and towns.

Since the start of the war, 8,956 U.S. service members have been wounded, of which nearly 5,000 were serious enough to prevent them from returning to duty. At the start of the month the total was 8,287

Of the 91 or more U.S. deaths so far this month, it appears most were Marines.....The Pentagon has not yet released names and service affiliation for all the casualties reported this month, so it is impossible to tally the exact number of Marines who've been killed. Of the first 71 deaths for which identifications were announced, 48 were Marines. Twenty-one were with the Army, and the Navy and Air Force each had one fatality.

According to Yahoo.
yahoo link

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, the number of US fatalities is now up to 1,221 according to the Iraq Coalition Casualties website.

The rate of coalition fatalites is at a rate of 5.2 per day for the month of November.

The coalition has suffered 104 fatalities so far this month.
100 of those were US forces.

An NBC news report says that 2,000 militants have been killed so far in the operation in Fallujah which began earlier this month.

NBC Nov 19, 2004 (streaming media)

There seems to be no end to the violence so far.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This is sad for sure but that is a casulty rate of

3.45E-5 per day %..........................

Not as big as some make it to be....

Note:

5 deaths/ 145,000 troops = 0.0000345% death rate a day.

[edit on 20-11-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It will take about another 1800 before that number exceeds the number of U.S. civilians murdered in about one hour on 9/11/01.

But of course, that's ancient history. Certainly, there is no shortage of ATS members who have chosen to conveniently forget what led us to this point in history.

God forbid we should keep things in perspective.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
It will take about another 1800 before that number exceeds the number of U.S. civilians murdered in about one hour on 9/11/01.

But of course, that's ancient history. Certainly, there is no shortage of ATS members who have chosen to conveniently forget what led us to this point in history.

God forbid we should keep things in perspective.

I guess I did forget about those Iraqi hikackers.
Oh wait.....there weren't any.
They were Saudi and so were the financiers.
Don't bring up 9/11 again to justify any war except the one in Afghanistan or a possible war in Saudi Arabia.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceOfBase
Don't bring up 9/11 again to justify any war except the one in Afghanistan or a possible war in Saudi Arabia.

I'll bring up what I wish to bring up.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest getting used to it.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, but the Iraq war will have damn near everything to do with the next attack on the US.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by cstyle226
Saddam had nothing to do with 9/11, but the Iraq war will have damn near everything to do with the next attack on the US.

Just like it had everything to do with all the terrorist attacks we suffered in the 1990s, I suppose.

Feel free to sloganeer all you want, those of us capable of remembering what has actually been going on will not be convinced.

And those you dupe into believing your lies will eventually figure out what you have done and turn on you.

Such are the wages of deceit and treachery.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I'll bring up what I wish to bring up.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest getting used to it.

OK, fine.
I hope Spain attacks the US for the 3/11 bombing and Russia attacks the US for the Beslan massacre.

What level of involvement did the US have with those incidents?
About the same as Iraq had with 9/11.

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
joevialls.altermedia.info... look for some reason the site is not poping up so just click on the post AND when you go in click on the word that says "go to joevialls" after that the article about the Beslan tragidy is the 7th article "down" from the article titled "Police shooting"

[edit on 20-11-2004 by SiberianTiger]

[edit on 20-11-2004 by SiberianTiger]

dh

posted on Nov, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
The same forces are associated with 9/11, Madrid's 3/11, Bali, Oklahoma and much, much more. What's your problem. The only real involvement of Muslims derives from the superior echelons, the bin Ladens and the Saudi Royals and other ME aristocrats who are hand in glove with the rest of the Western blue-blood regime
They're all the same people aimed at screwing the rest of us, humankind for profit and power
This is the endgame, and people really really need to relinquish their little bigoted beliefs and antipathy to brother and sister and see how the whole clamp's coming down with increasing alacrity

top topics

join