It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government agencies you can still trust/respect?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

ketsuko
reply to post by rickymouse

Military is necessary.

Police, fire, EMT are all local. I thought this was about Federal. If the Feds are into our local law enforcement, then I don't trust that. Feds should have no part in local law enforcement.

Yeah, I see I screwed up on that part. I don't have much respect for the Federal policing agencies. Most of what I am referring to is local agencies like you mentioned..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I work a lot with the Corp of Engineers and the Coast Guard to get waterway impact permits. While the machine they work for is woefully broken, both agencies are pretty decent overall. Forest Service isn't bad and Department of Natural Resources is another halfway solid program. Coincidentally, most of the agencies have remained fairly un-futzed with by the various administrations that have commandeered DC.

Also note: My respect for these agencies does NOT equal me saying "I believe they are important and should remain funded." If I had a magic wand, 90% of the the government (agencies, employees, and policies) would be wiped out instantly, giving America the paper thin government it needs and deserves (not to mention was envisioned as having by the Framers). Everything the above listed agencies do could be done more efficiently by the individual states.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
None. And never did.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Junkheap
For me, it would be NASA, the FTC and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

Why NASA?? If anything, they are one of the agencies that hides/lies to us about what's really going on up there. From all the NASA videos from early astronauts that argue against the obvious intelligent crafts they've come across. NASA wouldn't even sniff my list... There's a reason why people believe NASA stands for Never a Straight Answer

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

What government agencies do you still respect out of all the .... Well, I honestly don't know how many there are but it seems there's more than what we can afford. So what government agency do you still have respect for?

None, really.

Now, this doesn't mean that every government employee is some ee-ville minion but, those in the marbled offices wayyy up in the bureaucratic stratosphere? They don't really seem to give a flying rat's patootie about the constitution or the average peasant here on the ground. This has, regrettably, become a fairly common trait over the last two administrations.

Nope... for respect to exist, there has to be trust and that commodity must be earned.

Well, it hasn't been for a long, long, long time.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

SO yeah your right I should read your whole post but I was just ya know very ahh. quick to draw othe guns if ya know what I mean when you said NASA.

Again I think the most of the people who work for NASA are good hearted people. I saw a 60 minutes story about how in Florida they have this whole town dedicated to NASA workers. And when President Obama cut the funding for NASA the whole town was basically destroyed because there were no more jobs there. it is almost enough to make you cry seeing that story. And actually finding out that there are generations of NASA workers. I guess people who have passed on the dream /passion of space exploration to their families.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I think a lot of those services should be streamlined.

Husband works with regulatory and deals with 6 or 8 alphabets. He says you could probably get them down to about 3 if you streamlined then and eliminated all the overlap, and that's without addressing all the stupid regulations that are counterintuitive and make very little sense. Once you address that, how many of those remaining agencies would you actually need?

Then, how many of the agencies should be split up and simply delegated to the various states like the Dept. of Ed.?

And how many of the agencies are more properly shrunk down and turned into an office under the jurisdiction of another agency?

And how many should be simply abolished altogether?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I want to add that I also respect the NSA and the CIA very much. I think they are the most well respected agencies in the world.

.... Hah! Psyche! Not really
Those are the top 2 worst agencies in the US I think. xD

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Perhaps the Department of Corrections? Or do they, too, have some scandal?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Coast Guard is OK except for their participation and enforcement in the illicit drug trade that results in inhumane slaughtering of innocents who find their paths crossed with drug lords.

Aside from that, Coast Guard and NASA are cool by me

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Coast Guard and the Corps of engineers lost my respect during the Gulf Leak. They ran sockpuppet software to stop bad press. They were part of the Corexit cover up. Hiding the amount spilled. They played a part in all that.

And then you have NASA. Bombing the moon because you had a war crazy President.

But come to think of it. Is it really all these agencies that are doing things we don't like or is it that evil Department of Homeland Security putting its nasty fingers into everything?
edit on 31-10-2013 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Em2013

excuse my language but, r u srsm8?

NASA is a disinformation front, that leads us to believe that our space program consists of sending men and machine into space atop chemical rockets, when NO DOUBT the government has its own secret space program that is decades, if not centuries ahead of NASA.

call me crazy, but if i know my government, weve got boys out in deep space right now aboard ships, just cruising about, perhaps even on extra solar planets.

i need to figure out how to get on board with those guys, id give up everything to get shot out into space.

edit on 31-10-2013 by 8fl0z because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

Well, this is ATS so I'm not surprised at your response but I think if you have the nerve to ask me what I'm smoking when you turn around to say that the government has a super secret program that can send people out into space without strapping themselves on rockets and that NASA has been all about dinsinfo then I'll have to send that question right back at ya.

I'm puzzled on what makes you say this with such strong claims, like if this were true then why keep it a secret? It would be very beneficial economically for NASA to be able to use such technology. But I digress, I respect your opinion but please provide evidence of your claims since it's rather... Out of this world
YEAAAAHHH!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join