It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Post your spookiest experience here!!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by datasdream

I know ,I had that happen also,such a Strong feeling of foreboding,like a heavy blanket.That day my school (I was in high school then) was at an athletics meet in a suburb about 12 miles form the one I lived in.These were always fun days and I had no specific reason that day,to feel depressed or "down" .As the morning went on though,I felt more and more,that something was wrong,it was just an awful heavy depressing feeling.I was quite relieved when the meet was over and we returned home.

When I got home,I went to my room+was just lazing around,listening to some music -i will never forget the song(Malaika by Boney M) that was playing when a neighbour came with the news that my adoptive father had passed on unexpectedly at his work that morning.His work was more than 100 miles away,but I picked up Some vibe,idk even what the right term is,I felt something so badly wrong+heavy all that morning.We were not close anymore at that time,but as a kid I loved him,and he would take me to the park,or the beach,when he was home,I was always following him around like a puppy,and he did'nt mind me tagging along even when he went to visit friends,he was a good man,really.We must have had a deeper "bond" or something than I realised.

He came to me in a dream last year.I was standing outside this house,and though there were slight alterations,in the dream I knew it was the house of a lifelong friend of my adoptive parents.Something made me turn around and look-and he was standing a few meters away,my father,with a content and relaxed lil smile on his face,that was a very nice dream

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

sled735
reply to post by BuzzCory

You went to the plane where the earth bound souls reside. It is very close to ours, not hard to reach at all. That's why some people can see the ghosts there.

Yes, you were talking with a ghost. I would suggest to you and anyone to say a prayer for protection, and imagine a bright protective light surrounding you anytime you communicate with the dead. You never know who might want to hop a ride back with you.

The cat in your avatar looks exactly like my daughter's cat. They could be twins.

Thanks for that. Since the voices never tried to tell me to kill anyone, do damage, or even seemed to be aware of me, I wasn't too concerned until I caused one of them to "notice" me. The fact that he was talking about having died made me revive my old practice of asking for protection from The Great White Brotherhood during future explorations of that fascinating realm between awake & asleep.

And I hope your daughter's cat is as much a joy to her as my avatar guy Toby is to me. He's seen here doing his daily reminder to me that suppertime is fast approaching. It's usually still at least an hour away, but he's a housecat, & it's in his contract that he gets to do that.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Love a good ghost story!

I don't have a specific story.. a few.. but i'm going to talk about my Aunt's old house.

It's up in North Yorkshire, UK.. and the oldest part of the house dates back to (i think) the 13th Century.

OK, i wiki'd it. "The Old Hall... is reputedly the oldest house in Yorkshire, dating from the late 13th or early 14th century"

I spent many a Christmas, weekend, family birthday in that house and it was TRULY stunning (if you like a big old house) The house had a lovely feeling, and i was never really "scared" in the house. Even though i knew full well it was haunted. It's almost as if whatever/whoever was "haunting" (don't like that word!) the house.. it wasn't evil. You almost felt welcomed by the spirit of the home... whatever it was!

There was/is an old priest hole in the house which had been transformed in to a safe for necessity. But it was extremely interesting that something so old and creepy. Along with a BIG old bible with old documents and deeds, i think. It was extremely interesting.

Things DID used to just move on their own. We'd hear crashes, bangs etc and things used to be across the room. You'd thing this was scary wouldn't you? It seems violent. But it truly didn't feel it. Anyone who went in that house mentioned how lovely and homely it felt. I never felt fear.. but it was a bit creepy knowing you were in the presence of what were rumored to be monks (which makes sense since they inhabited the house for many, many years) For some reason, in a select few bedrooms, the door would open slightly by it's own during the night. The spirit(s) didn't seem to like those doors being fully closed.

I feel blessed to have spent many nights and some great family experiences in such a historical home. I wanted to tell this, because i experienced things in that house that were indeed unexplained... but they weren't scary or sinister.

Ghosts can be nice, too!

Thanks for the stories guys!!
edit on 2-11-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-11-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   
A day late and a dollar short on this reply Im afraid. I live in Northern Wi and as a teen used to spend weekends with friends driving to "the Paulding Light" in the U.P. of MI and Summerwind in Land O Lakes WI. I have a couple strange tales at both locations...But this is about Summerwind.

Regarding Summerwind, I have experienced several events I would call extraordinary. I will detail two here, which I feel most demonstrate the effect this place had on many people.

The first event was when I was youngest, 16 or 17. I was with some friends, including my girlfriend at the time. This was my first time at the property, and thankfully it was daylight because I really didn't know what to expect. As we approached, the thing that struck me the most was that no one had fixed this place up and been living in it....It was magnificent. Huge striking house, guest/servant quarters, access to a nice lake. That may sound strange but I grew up spending weekends on a lake and know what a treasure it is.

After we crept up onto the porch, slowly feeling our way through a house that does not feel entirely deserted, Misty starts taking pictures. Pictures of the house, pictures of me and the house, etc. This is before digital cameras, in fact this is circa 1986 or so.

We spent several hours meandering around the house and property, in the daylight, with nothing out of the ordinary happening. A few weeks go by without Misty developing the film, well, because back then you had to actually develop film lol.

A couple weeks after that trip, Misty gets the film developed.... Lots of cool, normal pictures are seen in that roll. Here is the kicker. EVERY...and I mean EVERY picture with me in it, has me floating in either 2nd story windows or higher. Im seen in windows, on the roof, etc. This encounter is the first of several I will have at Summerwind. The next is one that chills me even today...

It was 1987, I was 17, and I just bought a sweet 1975 Olds Cutlass Supreme in awesome condition. Spent many nights cruising with friends in that car. Never any problems, never any stalls.
A bunch of us decided to go to "the house" as it was dubbed around here by then. Of course we went to "the light(the paulding light)" first, hoping the darkness would give us the edge in scaring our girlfriends.

We arrived at Summerwind sometime after 1 AM CST. It was a cold, fall night, with the wind doing its best to add to the already uneasy atmosphere. Leaves cascade around us as we make our way to the house. We have been to the house many times, but tonight is different. It just feels different. There is 5 of us. Three guys and two girls. I decide to scare the sh** out of my new girlfriend tammy( dont judge me I was young lol). I run to the house, go upstairs, and hide in the bathroom by closing the door. When my friend Chadd comes by with the crew, im gonna jump out.

I hear Chadd and the gang coming up the stairs and nearing the bathroom I am holed up in. They approach, and I try to jump out, but the door is jammed, and I mean JAMMED. It turns from me scaring them, to me screaming GET THIS DOOR OPEN. After a few kicks, Chadd kicks open the door. What a genius plan by me.......

The night ends this way, which I can tell you is the most scared I have ever been.

Its late, probably 2 or 3 AM. Its windy and it starts to rain a bit. Fog has overtaken the area. We are climbing into the car when Chadd decides to run off into the darkness, a common tactic to soften up his girl for...well you know....after a few minutes of her yelling for him to come back, he piles into the car and we leave.

I am driving, and we start down the road to lead us back to blacktop. All is good. Radio is on, girls are singing the song on the radio, and we hit the pavement. I feel a bit of relief, I dont know why but I do. I negotiate several tight curves and we put some small distance between the house and us. Heres where it gets interesting.....

We are cruising on a county road, finally starting to feel a bit at ease, songs from the radio and chatter from the ladies permeate the air. Suddenly, my world goes dark. And I mean dark. The car not only dies, but the lights and all electric on the car dies, its as if someone ripped the battery from the car.

The next 5 seconds seem like an eternity. I am driving a car going 60 mph on a country road at 3am when everything goes dark. No lights, no power steering, no power brakes, no nothing. This was 5 or 10 seconds, but it felt like forever. BAM the car comes back to life.....Lights on, engine on, EVERYTHING!.....Right in front of me on the road is a Red Fox. I yanked the wheel and missed him as he scampered off....

I have since learned Jonathan Carver has been known to protect and patrol his old house as a red fox.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'm really enjoying these stories

I have always been really into paranormal stuff especially ghosts. You would think with how obsessed and open I am that I would have loads of stories, but no. Haha I do have a couple that really stand out from the others I've had though so I'll share them.

I was living at my grandparents house (at the time I was 10 or 11) and it was around 4 am. I was in my brothers room wrapping up playing my video game so I could go back in my room and go to bed. As I was walking out of his room I glanced into the living room like I always do and saw this lady. She had long brown hair, looked pretty young, was in a white dress and was glowing in this gold aura. We made eye contact for what seemed like minutes then I booked it down the hallway and swore never to go in there alone at night. She seemed harmless I was just so shocked since I never saw something like that before and never wanted to again lol
It is possible that I was really tired and imagining things. I've wondered if that was the case, but I feel too strongly about her really being there. If I see her again then I'll ask ;D
----------------------------------------------
Okay, so this one I cannot say is paranormal for sure. If you know what Sleep Paralysis is then it is possible that was what I experienced.
So It was about 8ish when I was waking up. I was half asleep, and felt something terrifying next to my bed. I didn't want to open my eyes since I was afraid there would be a person there looking back at me, so I kept my eyes close for a few moments hoping the feeling would go away. I decided I just had to get out of there because the feeling I had was overwhelming, but when I tried to move I was frozen.
I started to panic so I tried to yell, but couldn't. I felt surrounded by extremely bad entities. I was trying to roll over, I tried just moving my head, tried to move my fingers. Nothing. I have NEVER felt so much fear. This was something I never experienced. I wasn't used to the feeling really. The house is normal except for the occassional 'being watched' feeling I get. Well, I'm only going to assume it lasted about 2 minutes and finally I was able to roll out of my bed and the presences went away and let me say I am a wuss. Lol I ran straight into my safe haven (the livingroom) and stayed there all day. That hasn't happened to me since.
-----------------------------------------------
I have had a couple other experiences that I might post later. Sorry, if I rambled a bit to much with my stories/ had extremely bad punctuation and spelling.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
The day before halloween in the evening.

My parents arrived home and were ectatic about a creature they saw along the highway that streaked in front of the van on all fours, and took off on wings. They said it was greyish black and was furry.

My Youngest brother arrives home minutes later and said he said some creature that looked like a lump on the side of the road grew bigger then dashed across the road and few away with wings.

I live in Canada B.C. We have cougars, bears, eagles, But we are lacking in griffons.

Since it was the day before halloween, Im going to assume the shapeshifting aliens are out and about lol.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Mine actually happened a few hours ago. I was walking in a cornfield (as I live in Indiana, and I was bored) that had been harvested. I was talking on the with my girlfriend on the phone, and all was well...until I mentioned a bright light in the sky...I had said "...I've seen those bright things completely disappear from the sky..." I walked on for about a minute before I started hearing violent screaming and weird noises coming from my phone. I sent a text and my girlfriend was fine. She couldn't even hear me during this crap though, and she also didn't hear the noises. It sounded like bloody murder. I said, not trying to be scared, "I'm more afraid of Charlie the Unicorn." I thought perhaps my GF was twisted enough to play some horrible joke, but after a while, it didn't add up. I heard a woman's voice yell "Mom!!! (horrible scream, followed by a possible 'help')" and then it cut, and I kept hearing stuff. A few seconds after that I sprinted to my house after hanging up. My lady is fine, and nothing happened physically to me. Believe me, or don't. I heard what I heard, and I'm not insane. But I will never forget that. Phone issues, or what?
I wouldn't even lie about this, guys. I'm the most trustworthy person I know.

edit on 4-11-2013 by CommonSense971 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

I love stories like these ones. I don't get goosebumps anymore but they are eerie to think about.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

I dug yours, too.

So you know there is a spirit world then, juuust outside our perception.

posted on Oct, 6 2014 @ 02:28 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join