It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Post your spookiest experience here!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I got up this morning and got a good look at myself in the mirror..........

Believe me, it's a scary sight!!!

Happy Halloween ATS!!!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Something bizarre happened to me about 12 years ago. One night, I accompanied a friend of mine to a house that our mutual friend had just bought… actually, he bought two houses right next door to each other—one to live in, the other for renting out. They were both 2-bedroom wood frame houses on small lots. We hung out and talked for a while in the first house, and then went next door to see what the other house was like. In the second house, we did a walk-through and checked out a few belongings the previous owner had left behind, like some child’s toys, articles of clothing and stuff like that. It couldn’t have been more than 15-20 minutes before we returned to the first house… when I walked in, to my surprise, all the furnishings I had seen earlier in that house were gone! I laughed (thinking it was a joke) and asked my friends what happened to all the furniture, but they had no idea what I was talking about. The friend who bought the houses said he didn’t plan on moving in until he’d done some renovations. I was so convinced it was an elaborate prank, but no matter how much I pushed them to confess, they assured me it was not a joke. Gradually, I started to realize how difficult it would have been to remove all of the furniture in such a short period of time, in the dark of night, without me noticing from the house next door (which had no curtains in the windows).

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Posted before but as someone who really hasn't experienced much paranormal activity, individually these were all extremely disturbing. Especially since the first couple were when I was young.

When I was 11 or 12 my parents separated. Around a year later my Dad met a woman not far from where we lived as a family.

He was completely endeared by her and she had a son a couple of years younger than me which was a very large pill to swallow. He had a few behavioural/social problems that resulted in things like him thinking it was acceptable to call my Dad his Dad after months of knowing him.

Anyway, as nice as this woman seemed, which she did, she also claimed to be a white witch. Now she clearly had gypsy blood and seemed to be determined to live up to the stereotype. I knew she wasnt a witch, I mean that would be impossible.

Even though I knew there was nothing sinister about her or her son, the cottage they lived in was extremely, extremely uncomfortable. She actually used to tell me her being a white witch kept the spirits away that were in the house.

Now many will argue that by saying that she planted a seed in my head to imagine things. That may have happened but I seriously doubt what I saw was imagined.

One night my Dad had convinced me to sleep over at their house with him. I reluctantly agreed, secretly hoping I could just kick up a fuss at bed time and he would take me home to my Mum.

That didn't happen, and I ended up going to bed in the son's bedroom on the top bunk of his bed. I thought to myself just shut your eyes and pretend you are at home...

"Hey....hey...do you see the hands?" a voice from beneath me whispered. At this point, the mere thought of what that could possibly be had be terrified. So I asked quickly what he was talking about...

"There are hands all over the walls."

At this point I wanted out of there, so I flipped onto by back and threw the cover off me ready to bolt down to the floor and out the room. As soon as the cover was away from my face I saw the silhouette of a head and shoulders staring at me at the bottom of the bed. I knew for a fact the kid was under me as he had literally just spoke to me. The shadow was the blackest thing I have ever seen in my life. The scariest part was it must have been standing on the bunk bed ladder as for it to be standing on the floor it would have to be 8 foot tall. So the covers rapidly went back over my head and I either blacked out from sheer terror or managed to fall asleep from utter panic. The morning dew on the window is one of the most memorable memories in my life as I don't think I have ever felt so much relief in all my days alive.

Another day some time later, my Dad was still with this woman but I knew he was growing tired of the baggage that was her son who had one of the worst cases of ADHD I have ever experienced, and I have a masters in Behavioural Psychology. None the less, my Dad's girlfriend suggested going to visit an old church - Polwarth church in Berwickshire. As soon as I stepped foot out of the car y legs went to jelly and my entire personality changed. I couldnt stop shaking, fear enthralled me and I remember standing against a wall banging my head of it harder and harder out of utter terror. I didnt see a ghost or anything else frightening. However, I sensed something so completely frightening that If I had stayed there much longer I really dont know what would have happened. Eventually my Dad noticed how I was acting and suggested we go. Im sure he just chalked it up to me being dragged away with two people I really had grown to resent for stealing my Dad away from me. He had mentioned what had happened to my Mum who in turn mentioned it over coffee to her best friend. Heres where it gets creepy. Her best friend used to live in one of the houses that neighboured the church. She claims she was often woken up in the middle of the night by screams coming from the church.

Now that I am much much older I really havent experience much of the paranormal. Although when I was about 19 I was retrieving something out of the attic and hear my name in my ear. As if someone whispered it in my ear with the intention to give me a fright. Not a drawn out faint whisper, rather a sudden piercing whisper.

About 2 years later in my first place of my own I was laying in bed watching TV when a coin fell from the ceiling and landed on the wooden floor. Found the coin the next day next to my bed on the floor.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I have a spooky story to tell.. it was very strange..

At one point in time in my life, I was living in this apartment complex in northern California, near the area of Capitola, and as unfortunate as it may have been, I was living in a complex that was actually quite run down and perhaps shady looking. I had taken the apartment hastily because I needed a place to stay and I wanted to relieve my sister and her husband of having me over at their home for too long a period of time.

In any case, in this shady looking setting, it turns out that there was a lady living there that had some type of problem with drug use. I was unaware of it initially, but after a couple of months of being there I would later discover that this was indeed the truth. Well, one evening, it seems as though she had decided to invite over a couple of dodgy providers into her room and along with them had arrived a very young(!) lady that looked like she could be in high school, maybe 15-16 years old (The lady with the drug problem was actually about 60 years old, but she looked quite youthful). On that evening then, when these two thugs had entered her room, (I was exiting my own room, while they were all entering theirs). Well what do you, my reaction was perfect anger, shock, anxiety that she might be doing some perfectly wrong, foul, or vile with these bad thugs (they were black and she was caucasian by the way..). I seemed to have stormed out of my room, angry that these types of persons were entering anywhere near my personal living space- and so, I totally started to freak out. I began to flip the lights on to the complex with very "Shaft," The Movie "bad" attitude and ultimately I had to jump in my black truck and drive away as fast as possible anywhere, to cool off, recompose myself and let the anger completely out of my system. So I got on the highway, and I wound up driving for a while eventually finding a Ralph's supermarket which was open 24hrs; while I was there I went quickly to the restroom, and went to the register to purchase a pack of gum, any gum just to continue to get the anxiety out of my system. I wound up purchasing Bubble Yum: more specifically: "Strawberry Bubble Gum," and that is a very important detail in the following:

I kept driving for another while and finally I decided to return to my apartment even though it may have been a bad idea to return there. I returned. When I arrived, everything was quiet, and apparently everyone was asleep so everything seemed alright. I unlocked my room entry door, and I entered my room safely. I paused and looked to my computer- I returned to the computer where I had been sitting reading and writing when all of this had begun earlier on at 11-12:00pm. Once turning to my computer and sitting down to the desk, after feeling as though everything was going to be alright, I looked at the screen on the computer, where the a hotmail webpage was open. Unimaginably, the login id name printed in the login box was the following: "Strawberry Bubble Gum."

I was so terrified that I promptly in the next following days moved out of that apartment immediately.
I also informed the authorities as to the misgivings of the older lady residing next door. In the meantime though, I was left dumbstruck and in perfect dumbfound awe that something, some kind of "Power" had left that dark, blinking, defiant message "Strawberry Bubblegum," on the computer screen. It was perfectly malevolent and evil feeling- It was terribly ominous and threatening- I felt as though I had been very firmly warned against something really really wrong: I had been firmly warned against my own inappropiate attitude and my own inappripriate behavior. I had been warned against my own inappropriate handling of that endlessly endangering situation. It's just not wise to entertain or to overreact to neither thugs, nor providers nor users, and I totally did!! Wrong!

In any case, the warning, "Strawberry Bubble Gum," may have actually been a blessing in disguise, as I later interpreted it and later understood that I was being guided, instructed or shown that I needed to recitfy my behavior, and instead of fighting "thug badness" with " my badness," that I needed to re-remember to let go of anger, shock, and fear and just ride through that situation with more easy go lucky ease, indifference, and benevolence.

It was a stunning moment, but very very SCARY-- it kind of reminded me that I was not as hot as I thought I was. I'm totallu tiny peanuts compared to the powers around us that are either there to guide and protect us, or that are there to harm and injure us. Who put the message there? Friend or Foe?

I don't know, but I felt somehow sort of lucky at the end.. but I'll never be able to explain how "Strawberry Bubble Gum" appeared and was written on that computer screen- The sensation that I physically felt while reading it was sort of like grotesque satanism; like someone ordering me to: GO TO HELL!

Indeed, I got the hell out of that place as quickly as possible as I understood that there were elements living there that were perfectly incompatible with me and my way of operating and seeing things in the world. Really scary though! It was like a boomerang force of darkness slammed right into me. I'll never forget it.

It would be fun to hear some of your impressions about my spooky story though, I hope some of you might be interested in entetaining and discussing it. This is totally a true story btw. Maybe some of you psychics or good Catholics know what this is all about.

edit on 31-10-2013 by tony9802 because: typos!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Don't want to come across as tooting my own horn, but I want to share a thread I put up about Timical's experiences at bootcamp.

If you love a good ghost story, you'll love this!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

tony9802
I have a spooky story to tell.. it was very strange..

At one point in time in my life, I was living in this apartment complex in northern California, near the area of Capitola, and as unfortunate as it may have been, I was living in a complex that was actually quite run down and perhaps shady looking. I had taken the apartment hastily because I needed a place to stay and I wanted to relieve my sister and her husband of having me over at their home for too long a period of time.

In any case, in this shady looking setting, it turns out that there was a lady living there that had some type of problem with drug use. I was unaware of it initially, but after a couple of months of being there I would later discover that this was indeed the truth. Well, one evening, it seems as though she had decided to invite over a couple of dodgy providers into her room and along with them had arrived a very young(!) lady that looked like she could be in high school, maybe 15-16 years old (The lady with the drug problem was actually about 60 years old, but she looked quite youthful). On that evening then, when these two thugs had entered her room, (I was exiting my own room, while they were all entering theirs). Well what do you, my reaction was perfect anger, shock, anxiety that she might be doing some perfectly wrong, foul, or vile with these bad thugs (they were black and she was caucasian by the way..). I seemed to have stormed out of my room, angry that these types of persons were entering anywhere near my personal living space- and so, I totally started to freak out. I began to flip the lights on to the complex with very "Shaft," The Movie "bad" attitude and ultimately I had to jump in my black truck and drive away as fast as possible anywhere, to cool off, recompose myself and let the anger completely out of my system. So I got on the highway, and I wound up driving for a while eventually finding a Ralph's supermarket which was open 24hrs; while I was there I went quickly to the restroom, and went to the register to purchase a pack of gum, any gum just to continue to get the anxiety out of my system. I wound up purchasing Bubble Yum! More specifically: "Strawberry Bubble Gum".

I kept driving for another while and finally I decided to return to my apartment even though it may have been a bad idea to return there. I returned. When I arrived, everything was quiet, and apparently everyone was asleep so everything seemed alright. I unlocked my room entry door, and I entered my room safely. I paused and looked to my computer- I returned to the computer where I had been sitting reading and writing when all of this had begun earlier on at 11-12:00pm. Once turning to my computer and sitting down to the desk, after feeling as though everything was going to be alright, I looked at the screen on the computer, where the a hotmail webpage was open. Unimaginably, the login id name printed in the login box was the following: "Strawberry Bubble Gum."

I was so terrified that I promptly in the next following days moved out of that apartment immediately.
I also informed the authorities as to the misgivings of the older lady residing next door. In the meantime though, I was left dumbstruck and in perfect dumbfound awe that something, some kind of "Power" had left that dark, blinking, defiant message "Strawberry Bubblegum," on the computer screen. It was perfectly malevolent and evil feeling- It was terribly ominous and threatening- I felt as though I had been very firmly warned against something really really wrong: I had been firmly warned against my own inappropiate attitude and my own inappripriate behavior. I had been warned against my own inappropriate handling of that endlessly endangering situation. It's just not wise to entertain or to overreact to neither thugs, nor providers nor users, and I totally did!! Wrong!

In any case, the warning, "Strawberry Bubble Gum," may have actually been a blessing in disguise, as I later interpreted it and later understood that I was being guided, instructed or shown that I needed to recitfy my behavior, and instead of fighting "thug badness" with " my badness," that I needed to re-remember to let go of anger, shock, and fear and just ride through that situation with more easy go lucky ease and benevolence.

It was a stunning moment, but very very scary-- it kind of reminded me that I was not as hot as I thought I was. I'm tiny peanuts and compared to the powers around us that are either there to guide and protect us, or that are there to harm us.

I don't know, but I felt somehow sort of lucky at the end.. but I'll never be able to explain how "Strawberry Bubble Gum" appeared and was written on that computer screen- The sensation that I physically felt while reading it was sort of like satanic, grotesque, like someone telling me: GO TO HELL!

I really got the hell out of that place as quickly as possible as I understoo that there were elements living there that were incompatible with me and my way of operating and seeing things in the world. Really scary though! Paralysis.

It would be fun to hear some of your impressions about my spooky story though, I hope some of you might be interested in entetaining and discussing it. This is totally a true story btw.
]
edit on 31-10-2013 by tony9802 because: (no reason given)

You're story is interesting, but one question:

What on earth provoked you to imply that the thugs being black meant a devilish encounter? You seem to have reacted in an extremely aggressive/frightened manor simply because these thugs were black.

Odd story

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Believe_nothing

That they were African American wasn't the problem, but rather their demeanor and evident intentions with the older lady. You're right though, that shouldn't be a reason to overreact. What I meant actually by devilish or demonic was that these adults, including the older lady, were actually entertaining drug use and perhaps other activities with a minor the young high school gal. That was what I was referring to when utilizing the term devilish or demonic. Thanks for noticing that though..

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

tony9802
reply to post by Believe_nothing

That they were African American wasn't the problem, but rather their demeanor and evident intentions with the older lady. You're right though, that shouldn't be a reason to overreact. What I meant actually by devilish or demonic was that these adults, including the older lady, were actually entertaining drug use and perhaps other activities with a minor the young high school gal. That was what I was referring to when utilizing the term devilish or demonic. Thanks for noticing that though..

No worries my friend, it just seemed to come out of nowhere right before the SHTF haha. Good read though. .

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't responded to all posts...just got what I think was our last trick or treater and will respond tomorrow. Thanks for making this thread so much fun....love all the great ATSers out there!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
This story, or I should say "stories", probably won't seem as creepy as most of the others here, but I grew up in a house that I'm convinced had something very much out of the ordinary going on. I have never told anyone about some of this, so I think now is a good time.

A little about this house: It was well over 100 years old by the time I moved out at 18. It was a broken down shack when we moved in, and not much better when we all left. Before we moved in it had 3 apartments, which my father turned into a single family home. My parents made it work, despite the fact that every time I walked into it I felt what I can only describe as a depressing heaviness. I really hated that house.

There were the usual "bumps in the night", but on occasion, something that defied all explanation. I suppose as a defense mechanism, I became very good at convincing myself that I was just hallucinating for whatever reason. Or that I really didn't see what I just saw.

There was at least one time I remember where I woke up during the night and saw a weird black mass floating near my bedroom ceiling. It would just move around just below the ceiling silently. When I say "black" I don't mean just dark, it was darker than dark, and more like looking into a black hole with a very soft edge.

One of the scariest things I remember happened when I was about 9 or 10. I woke up in the middle of the night. I was lying on my side, facing the wall to my sister's room. I opened my eyes and directly in front of my face, about 2 feet away was a man's face. It was kind of grayish-white, and had the most evil smile I had ever seen. I was literally frozen with fear. I couldn't move or scream. Knowing there was nothing I could do I tried to convince myself that I was groggy and if I close my eyes and open them again, he'd be gone. I closed my eyes for about 10 seconds, then opened them. He was still there with that wicked smile, but now he was backing away.

I don't know how to explain what happened, but it went beyond the wall without going through it. He just kept backing away until he was out of sight, as though the wall didn't exist. Although I closed my eyes and refused to open them again, it was a long time before I went back to sleep.

Once, when my siblings and I came home from school, the kitchen ceiling had a big water stain on it. I asked my mother what happened. She answered by asking us all who left the shower on in the upstairs bathroom. Everyone said that they weren't in that bathroom that day, which I'm sure is true. That bathroom was never finished and had tools and buckets on the floor. It was also tiny and everyone hated it. My father built it mostly for himself, having gotten sick of waiting for the "real" bathroom all the time with 7 kids in the house.

Anyway, my mother proceeded to explain that she walked into the kitchen that morning and water was dripping from the ceiling. She called upstairs to whomever is in the bathroom to shut the water off. No one answered, so she went upstairs and opened the bathroom door. The shower was on full force, and the shower head aimed toward the door. Pretty much just an ordinary day in our house.

Finally, My father who worked in construction most of his life, was fixing up a sort of "man cave" for himself. For some reason, he built a wall with a kind of indentation, which he called a "shadow box". He did funny things like that sometimes, and never really had a good explanation as to why. On the other side of that wall was a very small unused bedroom.

I was in the room alone one time, inspecting his work, and knocked on the "shadow box". As clear as my knocks, two knocks came back. Again, I was paralyzed with fear. I couldn't move or speak for a few seconds. Finally, all I could get out was "hey!", thinking one of my sisters was on the other side of the wall having a good laugh. Then I walked into the hall and looked into the next room. It was completely empty. I must have actually flown down the hall and down the stairs, because it seemed to take about 3 seconds. I never mentioned it to anyone.

After my parents both passed away we sold that house. The buyers completely gutted it. I mean they ripped out every wall until only the foundation and frame was left standing. They then added to the frame and rebuilt a totally new house. For some strange reason they sold it about 6 months after completing construction.
edit on 10/31/2013 by AntiNWO because: I scared myself

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

OpinionatedB

Everyone tells me my building where I live is haunted though. Everyone else says they have spooky things happen to them. I never have... lol.. maybe I am just dull or something.

I don't know about haunted, but there are odd occurrences.

About a month ago I was walking the hallway and heard a raspy voice say "Hey! HEY!" just as plain as day. Sounded like it was in the hallway right there with me, just behind me and to my right. I looked around and didn't see anyone, so I thought maybe some homeless guy had managed to get in, and was hiding in one of the unoccupied rooms. I did a room to room clearing search of all the empties, as well as the entire hallway, but found nothing. I dunno who or what it was.

There WAS a guy killed in the same building a few months ago, downstairs, just to add to the creep factor. Someone or someones walked into his business and shot the livin' crap out of him in broad daylight. Several other murders within 24 hours of that fairly nearby, probably all related, and none of which have been as yet solved. No reasons for them were ever released, but my guess is a drug related turf war. it's just that kinda neighborhood.

==================================================================================================

You wanted Halloween stories, and this one occurred ON Halloween night, 1982 I think. I was a fine young specimen of manhood - or a reasonable facsimile thereof, right in my prime, early 20's. I lived in the Appalachian mountains at the time, when it could be said that I lived anywhere. I was there off and on, having other commitments to attend to here and there on short notice which would carry me from "home" for varying lengths of time.

So anyway, I was home for a visit, or living there for a bit, or something. I used to walk everywhere I went when I was there, sometimes several miles at a time. Don't laugh - it kept me in pretty good shape back then. One Halloween evening, I got up off my dead ass and walked a couple of miles to visit a girl I knew. Not much else to do - no reason to wait for trick-or-treaters when houses are a mile or two between them. No one ever came out for it. Too much work for the candy, I reckon.

SO - I walked over there and visited for a few hours, and left to walk back home around 23:00. I never took a flashlight or anything with me, day or night. It was just something else to keep up with, and I never needed one anyhow. That night I REALLY didn't need one, since the moon was out and very bright. Not quite full, but close, and it lit everything up as well as I needed.

About a mile into the walk - around half way - there was a big hill to climb that the locals called "Big Jim Hill", after some guy who was long dead named Big Jim Something-R-Other. at the top of the hill was an ancient barn, and next to the barn is an ancient cemetery. Just a small one, maybe 10 or 12 graves total. It was fenced in, and had headstones sitting at odd angles and whatnot, and a couple of unmarked graves. A dirt road ran up the hill and past the barn and cemetery, and that was the route I was walking. When I got to the top of Big Jim Hill, there was a rock outcropping opposite the barn and cemetery, so I sat down on the rocks across the road from the cemetery, which was maybe 30 yards or so away from me, to rest a bit from the climb before moving on. What the hell, I had nowhere I needed to be, ya know?

I'm sitting there on that rock, facing the barn and cemetery and just watching the night and taking in the air and so on, and I noticed a movement out of the corner of my eye, at the cemetery. I looked over to see what it was, and I kid you not, there was mist rising out of the graves. Not the ground in general, but directly out of the graves, right in front of the headstones. Nowhere else, just the graves. I could see it clearly in the moonlight, rising and slightly swirling, but not taking any sort of shape or form or anything.

I rubbed my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things, or getting blurry eyes or anything, but nope, there it still was, just as plain as the nose on my face in the moonlight. Rising, slightly swirling, almost dancing. I said "Well now! Ain't that just sumpin'!, I reckon I've rested just about long enough now" and stood up and continued on my way home.

The rest must have done me good. I had a much springier, quicker step the rest of the way.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Witness2008

I have no idea what it was that we experienced. I suppose it could have been a 300 pound owl.

Nope. Owl wings are silent. You don't hear their wings beat. I've had them fly right past my head and not know they were there until I saw them scoot past, or in one case heard it's beak snapping. That one knocked the hat off of my head. It was apparently upset with me. To be fair, it was a little bitty screech owl, which are pretty territorial, and I had been aggravating it by imitating it's warbling whistle (the "screech" in "screech owl").

Not recommended.

edit on 2013/10/31 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

WHOOOAAA shadow figures that come closer to you when you stare at them?!?! I dont think id be turning my lights off ever again while I slept.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
After going back and reading the experiences of other people here I can see that nearly everything that happened to me also happened to others here. That makes it all the more creepy.

I also had experiences in apartments I've lived in. In one place I would be woken up many times by a voice speaking my name right into my ear. I also had a few episodes of night terrors there, waking up and being completely paralyzed, and feeling other people in the room watching me.

I bought a house from an elderly woman who was going to live with her daughter because she couldn't take care of it anymore since her husband had died. Sometime during the first week there, one night I shut off the TV and went to bed. This TV was the old CRT type, and you had to push the power button in to turn it off, and pull it out to turn it on. Around 3 AM I was awakened by extremely loud talking coming from the living room. I rushed in there, and the TV was on, and at full volume.

Where I am now, for the first few years I saw movement out of the corner of my eye which looked like a black cat jumping up onto the table. Every time I would turn and look, there was nothing there. I finally just stopped looking.

I wish I could remember more, but nothing else comes to mind at the moment. After remembering all of these experiences and reading the others, I'm probably going to have nightmares tonight.

edit on 10/31/2013 by AntiNWO because: that's what I do.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
A group of friends and I used to have fires in a forest outside the city.
Our camp was situated by an old cemetery, so it was great for having a camping trip without having to worry about being too far out. We would talk of the paranormal, metaphysical ideas, etc etc . It was our "getaway" from the mundane. However, one night in particular bridged the barrier from the living and the dead.

We sat around the fire as usual. shooting the S**t as , when all of a sudden we heard a child cry. All four of us stopped talking and strained our ears to hear it again in that forest. We heard it again, only closer. each of us glared at each other in excitement and fright. We decided to investigate so a friend and I crept into the pitch black forest. We followed the sound and noticed a figure walking with a small dog. Not unusual given that we were near a suburb, but at 3 AM? who walks a dog at 3 AM in the middle of dense forest by a cemetery? Then again, we thought well, we have a camp set up so, who are we to judge.
Yet it was still out of place.

We assumed the "child cry" was the small dog yapping. My friend and I decided to meet this odd figure on the pathway and say hello. Mostly due to the fact we were technically camping with out a permit and wanted to see if we were going to get in trouble. The shadow gets closer and casually walk out from the tree line.

Now this guy seemed completely out of place, bandanna, bell bottom jeans, thick glasses, heavy beard t-shirt and sneakers. His little dog looked like a pug but we really didn't get a good look.
He looked up and was obviously startled , we kind of jumped ourselves as I believe neither of us saw this encounter coming. he looks past us to our fire and then back to us.

Says " evening gentlemen "
We say " Evening" back.

He looks at the camp again. By this time we think, S**T! he's cemetery security or just a concerned civilian.

Bearded dude remarks " Nice night for a fire, looks good "
My friend says " Thanks, what you up to tonight?"
He replies " not much, just passing through. Have a good night guys "
We retort " you too "

He then whistles to his dog, walks by both of us and into woods towards the cemetery. Not a snap of a twig, no rustle of leaves, just flows right into the forest. We both look at each other and briskly walk back to our camp fire.

Our other friend asks us who that was. All we could say was it was just some spirit passing through.
He gives us a nod and says " We'll it is Samhain guys ".

Not sure if it was a spirit of the past, or just some dude walking his dog in the middle of nowhere..but usually if somebody walks into a forest you hear them. We heard nothing, only the fire and the wind.

Completely true story and I feel crazy just talking about it. Still makes me wonder tho....*shrug

Happy Halloween

edit on 31-10-2013 by SodderCell because: spelling bee

edit on 31-10-2013 by SodderCell because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by SodderCell because: Flow, pacing

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I spent my 15th birthday in Juvenile Hall for stuff I won't go into here.

In those days it was a laxer environment. Each "unit" had a long hallway flanked with cells on both sides and a day room at the end with a staff desk in the middle so the staff member could see down the hallway. Like a big "T".

Each night we were locked in our cells while the night guard would sit at his desk. All the cells on one side of the hallway had to be filled before putting delinquents across the hall from each other. This was to prevent cross the hall talk between cells.

So there we were in our cinder block, steel bunked cells. It was hot that night and the two transom windows were open. They were located high on the wall so no one could reach them or climb up to reach them. The only way these could be opened or shut was from outside in the locked courtyard with a long pole which was locked inside a closet inside the unit. The courtyard door was in the day room and it was locked except when we were outside during the day.

If you pressed your face to the slit glass window in the heavy wooden door of your cell you could see all the way down the hallway to the guard sitting at his station. Switching to look the other way we could see all the way to the other end of the hall where the entrance was. A quick look both ways would let you see if anyone was in the hallway.

Like I said, it was hot that night. The police garage was next door and all night the police cars were worked on by mechanics who tooted horns, ran the sirens and turned up the radios. Light fixtures hung from the vaulted ceiling, kept on all night so inspections could be carried out. After lights "dimmed" we were supposed to be in our bunks trying to sleep but that was impossible because of the heat so we talked or played games we made out of paper and cardboard to pass the time.

When the first transom window of our cell slammed shut it was Loud. It startled the whole hall. Everyone was like yelling, "What was that?" and "Knock it off!". This is quiet time and you could get in trouble if you caused a commotion. You were not supposed to make undue noise or call out or ask to get out of your cell for anything but dying.

When I realized it was the transom I figured somebody next door or out in the yard was playing a game on us. I was looking right at it when the second window slammed shut… BOOM! Even louder than the first. Now I was beginning to freak because I knew that nobody could do this from inside the next cell. All the cells were the same and we couldn't reach ten feet to move it let alone break thru the heavy steel screen and reach 8 feet to the next cells window. The court yard was closed and dark If someone use the pole to close the window you could see the pole when they did that. I didn't see the pole. Just the window move quickly and slam shut.

Now everyone is yelling because they want to know whats up and stop it and you ice holes.

Both me and my cell mate are standing in the cell next to our bunk bed, looking up at the transom windows trying to figure out what just happened when… (hold on to yourself) this, near as I can describe it-- "shimmering air" appeared up in the corner of the cell. It was like a mirage like you see on the ground on a hot day but also had this other element that was like reflections of light off water that is rippling?

It wasn't too big, about three feet around, but it began to move down off the ceiling and towards us, right at us until it disappeared right between us. We looked at the air it had disappeared into and at each others drop mouthed and then set to banging on the door like the scared little kids we were.

Yelling and banging, thumping and screaming to, "Let Us Out!!!"

The guard came down and unlocked the cell, let us out to cool off and didn't scold us or even ask what was the fuss all about. We didn't even know what just happened. He put us in another cell across the hall (that never happened) and told us to go to sleep.

He was really nice and didn't fill out any incident report the next day like he was supposed to. This was strange on his part. We we're supposed to get written up for this and scolded but it never happened. The next morning he told us to not talk about it to others or then he would write us up so we spent the weekend telling others that we were just messing around.

I could't wait till he came back on Monday night. We both set to insisting he tell us what the hell and why he didn't report it. He was quiet for the longest time. Then he suddenly tells us he was so sorry for putting us in that cell, usually they didn't do that because of the problems that result when that cell is occupied. He went on to tell us that a kid hung himself in that very cell and ever since when they put kids in there at night there is always a commotion. He said that he made a mistake that night and instead of skipping that cell he just put us in the next one without thinking. He should of paid more attention. "Please forgive me", he says. "Don't tell anyone, I could get in trouble for putting you in there and lose my job."

Wow… Game, Set and Match. I was no longer uninitiated into the world of ghostly experience.

I had proof positive. A hi school friend who witnessed everything I did. An impossible occurrence (the transom windows could not slam on their own like that), a visual (the shimmering, moving air) and confirmation from a night watchman who apologized and told us the tale of the poor lost soul of a boy, trapped forever in a cell, bitter and alone.

What a ride.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ValentineWiggin

I am wondering that since your great grandma was alive when you saw the vision it may have been a 'familiar' spirit (and not of the good kind! 'sensitivity' runs in my family as well it was especially stong with my young sister that passed way too young. One time right after our older sister's husband had died (at only 28 yrs old) she woke in the middle of the night to someone sitting on the bed, she looked up and it was our brother-in-law and he called my sister by name, she looked right at him and said "You aren't David!" and the being just vanished!
Another time she was in bed early in the morning and her husband had just left for work and again she felt the bed go down and thought her husband had come back in so she turned over to look and there was a very old man that said "I'm looking for my grandson!" then vanished, a few weeks later she was sitting on the stairs to the basement watching her son playing in the basement and she 'felt' someone behind her, she looked back and it was the old man, he again said "I'm looking for my grandson!" to which she replied "Your grandson isn't here!" he looked confused and vanished and never appeared to her again.
This happened in an apartment building.
If you want to hear more, a lot happened with her when they moved to a 'centennial' house in Southern Michigan (these are houses that have been in the same family for 100 years or more).

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Sorry, double post.
edit on 31-10-2013 by intrptr because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yeah, okay... scariest? That would be when I lived at the second "haunted house" of my experience, back around 2000.

The main events were my girlffriend, dog and I were walking at night on the block we lived on and we noticed a reek of bad breath and beer. There was an odd feeling to the atmosphere... maybe electrical and it was really silent. The dog started growling and looking behind us and we both heard crunching on the gravel from about 20 feet away. Of course, though there were streetlights, nothing was visible.

As we hurried towards home I was looking directly at a wall mounted old fashioned mail-box with a metal flap on the top. It was open and it crashed shut as I looked at it. The dog went nuts and almost strangled herself pulling us home.
(I checked that mail box later and the top flap was rusted and tight, I had to use both hands to move it, so wind is out, plus there wasn't a breeze that night).

When we got home my girlfriend got a "vision" for the first time in her life of our house seen from the outside and it seemed like she was looking from the perspective of whatever had followed us. It was going from window to window looking at us through the cracks in the drapes.

The dog, by the way, was going from window to window barking ... and that was totally out of character for her and my g-f was spacing out, like she was in a trance... weird is an understatement.

Being under siege by something invisible is pretty darned creepy and I have no idea what happened that night, though I'd guess that with the amount of activity that happened in that house, it was related.

I know people who have never experienced this stuff will write it off as deluded hysteria... and all I can say is I truly, really wish it were so. The second scariest thing happened in that house and the third... I can't believe poverty made me stay for a 6 month lease.

Edit: and to some who think it's Halloween b.s. (or poorly written and boring... or all of that) well, I can't convince... but people come to these sites for reasons other than entertainment and insanity. There are other stories here that make this one seem routine.

edit on 11/1/2013 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/1/2013 by Baddogma because: retort to the next post and they should've made it entertainingly sarcastic.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Yeah, okay... scariest? That would be three halloweens ago. I was walking through the woods on my way home from a party when I noticed an amber light above the tree canopy. I started to tingle and felt very stupid. It was like my brain slowed down to a crawl. Then the light came down through the trees and a door opened. Out came this scaly lizard/bug. It approached me making moaning sounds like Lady Gaga on a rodeo bull. It walked right up to me and pulled my pants down. I was in shock! Then it spun me around and pulled out a giant probe. It must have been 20+ inches. I put my head in my hands and cried praying for mercy. When I lifted my head to beg one more time for mercy, I glanced behind me and there was George Bush in a lizard/bug costume probing himself instead while yodeling in German. Can't say it didn't happen. I got pictures..

That was a memorable halloween
edit on 1-11-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join