It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Post your spookiest experience here!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

OpinionatedB

Vasa Croe
LOL...so much for the spirit of Halloween I guess....oh well..will just pick through and read stories in the paranormal section as I find them....

lol... I just have never had an experience that I would say fit in with Halloween. Sorry. But its a cool thread to read... very good stories.

Everyone tells me my building where I live is haunted though. Everyone else says they have spooky things happen to them. I never have... lol.. maybe I am just dull or something.
edit on 31-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Ha....doubt you are dull. I don't see or feel even a small percentage of what my wife tends encounter. She has weird vibes and feelings a lot and I usually just roll with it.

I have weird vibes and feelings all the time... just none that are halloween-like.

Weirdest was one day I was sitting at the bus stop waiting for my bus, and I looked up at the electronic sign and I saw Syria, and then names of towns in Syria. I had a very bad feeling that something was very wrong in Syria at the same time...

I didn't know why I felt that, or saw that on the electronic sign, No one else did... and the only thing the sign is for is to tell you how many minutes before the bus arrives.... But when I got home that day I found out... that was day one of the Syrian civil war.

That kind of stuff happens... but nothing spectacular or spooky...
edit on 31-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have had a load of spooky stuff happen to me a lot of it is in other threads here at ATS, it's hard for me to choose which is the spookiest to be honest.

The best one is that for a time I lived in Philadelphia and right up the road was An Acme store so rather than take the bus for two blocks I used to walk there to get groceries. One day a man was walking by and stopped me and asked "Where is your dog?" I looked at him like he grew a second head because 1)I am not a dog person and 2) I didn't have anything but a hamster at that home, he said "I saw you a few days earlier walking to the Acme and saw with you a black doberman", now for those of you who don't know they were once considered the most dangerous dogs, before pit-bulls and rottweiler's took over, and they're often still used as hell hound portrayals to this day in movies and TV shows. In any case it was spooky cause not only did I NOT SEE this particular dog walking alongside me,was that the man in question saw it, meaning somehow he was meant to see it, which means aside from all his stammering about he wanted only to talk to me, he wanted to really do something not too kosher, which I'm betting the dog was a protector spirit that only showed himself to a person meaning me harm. The spookiest part is after that man made me aware of the dog in question I began seeing him then every now and again turning from a corner I had just been where there were never any dogs in sight while I had just left it and padding up to walk in step with me on those occasions when he needed to be there, is my guess. After awhile I stopped seeing him altogether. Guess the threat had passed to his satisfaction. And before anyone says it I could just not have noticed this dog at that time, if it had been alongside me when the man saw it, I could not have missed it! It was pretty big not easy to miss something that big alongside you when his head reached to your waist.

What is spookiest to me, is that someone thought it necessary to send a protector, so if not for that dog, today I might be a news story headline instead of sharing this story on ATS.
edit on 31-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: it's not it'd

edit on 31-10-2013 by ldyserenity because: fix my sentence

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

I have a few spooky experiences, but the summer of 2006 in University City Missouri stands out in my mind as the most chilling.

In July of 2006 St. Louis and surrounding areas were hit with devastating storms that took out the electric for much of the area for days and in my neighborhood for a solid week. Almost all of my neighbors headed out to spend time with friends and family or stayed in hotels. It was very hot and humid and I had no where to go with my companion animals so I had the neighborhood to myself.

University City has a great deal of trees and turn of the 20th century architecture, a very beautiful place, but when the lights are out, and the streets are empty it takes on a midevil feel. I loved it.

Gypsy my German Shepherd also loved it, she could walk unleashed and explore just a little farther now that she was the only dog in the neighborhood. It was on the third night of the black out and Gypsy and I were out walking at approximately 1:30 in the morning, trying to catch a cool breeze and just enjoy the dark solitude.

We were just 200 feet from our front door coming upon a heavily wooded section of our block when Gypsy became spooked and began to search the air with her nose. I put her leash on immediately thinking she may bolt and watched where she was looking, then I heard it. A deep thumping of wings, three thumps of the air, then a whoosh right over our heads, then ending in the tree covered lot that we were now running from, well more like Gypsy dragging me from. I could feel a static charge in the air just before we started to run and continued to feel it as far as a block away.

I had never seen Gypsy react in such a way and I trusted her instinct. I knew that what we had experienced was way away from normal. We were hearing the sounds of wings, very large and heavy wings. It was strange that I could not see whatever it was, as there were large breaks in the tree cover where we were. Perhaps it is best that I didn't see what it was.

Our walk was extended from the normal mile or so to over two miles, as she had no intention of covering the same path home, I wasn't going to either. Given that my property was separated from that wooden lot by only two empty houses, the rest of that week was spooky to say the least.

I have no idea what it was that we experienced. I suppose it could have been a 300 pound owl.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Nice one. Creepy old guy thwarted by hell hound....I like that.

Have you had any other encounters with anyone or anything deemed harmful when you have seen the dog yourself?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

LOL...300lb Owl....now that would be a sight!

Did you ever ask around about it with anyone else in the area or have you heard any stories of anyone around experiencing anything similar?
edit on 10/31/13 by Vasa Croe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I should also add my family has had dogs, but never dobermans. So it wasn't a passed on family dog or anything. I did know a family who had a doberman who loved me but hated everyone else outside of the family, so maybe it was him that came to protect me, still very unnerving to know I might have been killed in a nefarious way if he did not show up.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Nice one. Creepy old guy thwarted by hell hound....I like that.

Have you had any other encounters with anyone or anything deemed harmful when you have seen the dog yourself?

No, I didn't see anything that may have posed a threat. It's possible that that man stood around in hiding spying to still try an attack or that seemingly other normal type guys around were planning some kind of evil or it could have been just the dog making sure that guy didn't show up anymore, which I don't think he would've after I told him that I never saw the dog before or on the day he was inquiring about when he saw it...I never saw a black man become so white...seriously.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

I told a couple of neighbors once they returned home, who by the way thought I was nuts for having even stayed in an abandoned dark neighborhood by myself. The neighborhood was literally abandoned for that week. I would run into people stopping into their homes during the day. Folks have a hard time when they can't watch television, retrieve a cold drink from the fridge or have lighting at night. Softies.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Witness2008

I told a couple of neighbors once they returned home, who by the way thought I was nuts for having even stayed in an abandoned dark neighborhood by myself. The neighborhood was literally abandoned for that week. I would run into people stopping into their homes during the day. Folks have a hard time when they can't watch television, retrieve a cold drink from the fridge or have lighting at night. Softies.

I would love it, if it wasn't hot I'd have even had campfires in the yard...I'm a lot like you in that way, it'd be an adventure for me. I love blackouts always have, telling ghost stories to the kiddies, of course you didn't have anyone around, so that makes it a little more solitary, but still exciting!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Gypsy has since passed on, but I have waking images and dreams of a black German Shepherd that come when I am feeling any extreme emotions. Perhaps my affinity for anything not human has them protecting me. When the image of that dog comes over me, so does the calm

There is so much out there that we don't know, but the folks with instinct and an open mind can at least feel and ponder the mystery.

I like knowing that I have that kind of companionship.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Too many to count ... but here are a few ....

While living in Japan .... I love old cemeteries (as you can see by my signature). While living in Japan from 1983-1986 my friends and I visited a very cool old cemetery near Kamakura. It was overgrown with moss and trees hanging over it. It was during the time of Bonodori (festival for the dead) and the relatives of the dead had just been to the cemetery to scrub the stones and make offerings.

We walked into the old cemetery and saw an old Japanese man with white hair, and a white cat, sitting on a large rock in the middle of the cemetery. We walked up to him and asked him - in English - if it was okay to take pictures or was it too disrespectful. The man answered in perfect English with a New England accent that it was fine. We turned our heads to look at the gravestones and then turned our heads back and he was gone. POOOOOF ... not there. The cat was still there, but he was gone.

We took our pictures (which I still have) and left. On the train ride back it suddenly came to mind that it was odd that he spoke perfect English and I said so. I said something like ... 'wasn't that odd that, not only did we expect he'd understand our speaking English to him, but that he spoke perfect English and it had a New England accent' (which is where I was from). One of the girls I was with said 'no, it was a mid western accent' (that's where she was from) and the other girl I was with said it was an accent from her part of the country.

We all heard him speaking perfect english but with the accents we were used to.
And the fella just disappeared. Gone ... So I think I spoke with a ghost.

All our houses have been haunted Yes. Every last stink'n house I've lived in has had spooks. Just can't get away from them. Footsteps. Things moving. Orbs. All that stuff. No Amityville type stuff ... but all very active.

Demon Run-ins Had a few run ins with demons. While living in Japan I worked in an American Chapel on a US Army Base (Camp Zama). HAUNTED. Seriously so. And whatever was running up and down the halls really hated the Americans. It/they would leave the Japanese workers alone but man, they really didn't like the Americans. You could be standing in a room and then all of a sudden it got icy cold and 'something' was standing next to you. You couldnt' see it, but it was there and it had all it's attention focused on you and it HATED you. You could feel the hate. It was intense.

And you could be sitting at your desk in a room and you just knew someone was standing in the door watching you, but you couldn't see them.

Even some of the Chaplains commented on how they thought a party was going on in the building when they were alone working on the weekends or at night. It was LOUD ... footsteps and faint voices and everything.

Lots of others but like I said, too many to list. Lets just say - ghosts are very real.

Other Supernatural Events have happened that aren't spooky. Spiritual ones. Holy ones. But this isn't the forum for that.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by OpinionatedB

You had a near death experience and so I'm betting that has made you more sensitive to what is happening. Sensitive on a spiritual level. That'd be my guess . Makes sense, don't you think?? You were so closely plugged in with the Divine when you 'died' ... you might still be somewhat.

Or am I confused. You did have a NDE, right?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Vasa, to add to my story...I had asked my husband if anything creepy ever happened to him in that house since it was his childhood home and all and he said that once, when he was about 9 yrs old, he was sleeping in bed and woke up because he felt something jump on his back and press him down into the mattress. He said he could hardly breathe and it was heavy. I said oh my god, what did you do? He said nothing until it got off of him and I asked well, did you go running into your parents' room and wake them up and tell them? He said no, "I just got under the covers and laid there all night scared to death." No, way not me...I would have never gone to sleep in that bed again!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You were in a JAPANESE cemetery, you've got some cajones...I've seen far too many Japanese horror stories that scared the bejeebus out of me to ever step foot in one of their cemeteries! Seriously they are some of the creepiest frigging scary stories I've ever heard the ones out of Japan. I mean totally SYP CREEPY!!!! Even their folklore. Sounds like you got off easy.

creepy Japanese Folklore

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Very cool! Those are the kinds of things that make you really wonder...especially in a cemetery.

Were the pics with the man in them or just the cat? Can you post the pics here?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Yeah.....I would have switched rooms with my brother at this point. That or had my dog sleeping in the room with me from then on.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

FlyersFan
reply to post by OpinionatedB

You had a near death experience and so I'm betting that has made you more sensitive to what is happening. Sensitive on a spiritual level. That'd be my guess . Makes sense, don't you think?? You were so closely plugged in with the Divine when you 'died' ... you might still be somewhat.

Or am I confused. You did have a NDE, right?

Yes it makes sense. And yes I had an NDE.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The house in the OP -

Reminds me of the house (70s version) in American Horror story

Nice story, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice find...and yep that is the one. There were quite a few in the area with stories behind them but that one is just so odd...sitting vacant for years on a really nice park with multi-million dollar homes all the way around it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
reply to post by Wookiep

Nice find...and yep that is the one. There were quite a few in the area with stories behind them but that one is just so odd...sitting vacant for years on a really nice park with multi-million dollar homes all the way around it.

Hey is it for sale or did they give up selling I'd like a house next to million dollar homes at a pennies on the dollar price...I feel I could confidently rid the ghosts... Because I think it's a beautiful house!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join