It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Halloween Everyone! Post your spookiest experience here!!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Mine is one I posted a little while back on here but here it is again as it is definitely the spookiest thing that has ever happened to me.

So...the wife and I had a weekend getaway for Labor Day. We decided to drive down to Savannah and take in some sights. One of the tours we went on was a ghost tour and one of the houses visited was 432 Abercorn Street. We were given a lot of accounts of history of the house and some terrible storied of what had/may have occurred there.

I am a HUGE skeptic of ghosts and hauntings but my wife believes in them whole heartedly. The tour guide showed us pictures of what appeared to be human like figures in the windows from tours years past. Apparently the house has been vacant for a long time as well. The odd thing about the house being vacant is that it is located right on one of the squares which are HIGHLY sought after to live on and most houses sell for $1million+ on these squares.

Now, I decided to do something not so smart later in the evening and went back with another couple, after some libations. My thought was to PROVE it was not haunted. I had heard stories all night from different people about how there were tools still left in the house from workers and what not, but on the tour you are not allowed to go up the steps as it is considered trespassing so nobody could actually look into the second or third floor windows to see.

Now the not so smart part is that when I went back I decided to climb the balcony on the right side of the house. It took me about 30 seconds to get to the second floor balcony. I quickly walked down the balcony and looked in each window and indeed the house appeared abandoned and there were some tools in the house. Once at the other end of the balcony I climbed to the third floor balcony. All of this took maybe 2 minutes. By the time I got onto the third floor balcony the first police officer showed up so I laid down flat.

The officer was a female and saw my wife and the other couple standing there in front of the house and said there had been a call about a breaking and entering on the property. My wife and the other couple assured the officer that they were only looking, meanwhile I am laying on the third floor listening to the conversation.

The officer tells them that it is not a safe house to be at, which seemed odd since it was very nice looking just nobody lived there and there were stories about it.

About that time, 3 more officers show up and they all park on the side of the square directly in front of the house. This puts me in the predicament of being able to get down. So I slowly turn my body around, still laying flat and inch my way down to the other end of the balcony, still looking in windows and still seeing tools and whatnot.

Now the odd part is at the second window I pick up movement out of the corner of my eye and look in and the movement appears to be a shadow, but it stops. The shadow looks like that of a full grown adult but I don't see anyone in there and the shadow, while still there, is not moving.

I don't really stop for too long as I want to get down so I don't get arrested. I crawl past the last window and again see movement, this time the shadow stops but is now in the room I am crawling past, which is a different room from the one I crawled past in the second window and divided by a wall.

I looked over to my right to see if there was an officer that was on the street, thinking they could be casting a shadow but there was nobody there. I confirmed this by finally standing up climbing back down the back side of the balcony floors and climbing over the brick wall, finally dropping down to the sidewalk beside the house. There was nobody there and when I walked back around front to meet up with the other 3, the officers were all patrolling the park/square in front of the house.

My question is really this.....has anyone on here ever heard of this house and does anyone know what stories about it are and are not true for a fact?

Anywho...that's my not so smart moment from my weekend travels! Hope you enjoyed.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
LOL...so much for the spirit of Halloween I guess....oh well..will just pick through and read stories in the paranormal section as I find them....

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

This all happend around 1998. I was a single father of a 3 yo little boy, Brandon. I also had a girlfriend with 3 children of her own. Ages 1,3 and 6. We decided to find a house to rent together. Both of us were working full time and thought it was affordable. I worked as a police officer on midnigjt shift. She was a clerk for the courts.

We finally found a place towards the beginning of fall. It was a cute 2 story house that was recently renovated. According the the NEW owners, (husband & wife) the upstairs was closed off for decades due to a fire that gutted it. These people were the first to re-open it since the fire. The renovations were beautifully done. This is now a 4 bedroom house with a full bath and large dine-in kitchen. We had 2 bedrooms on first floor and 2 upstairs. The three yougest shared the 2 upstairs. My son had his own, the first you come to up the stairs. You have to walk through his to get to the other where the 2 young shared a room.

In my son's room was access to the acctic, but was in the wall. You could pop off this panel and crawl inside.

Shortly after moving in we staryed to notice sounds that were unexplainable, such as kids toys moving about when no kids are upstairs and the sounds of an adult's footsteps coming from the kitchen. These were usually preceded by the back door opening and closing by itself.

After all this started, my son developed an imaginary friend named Reese. An odd name for a 3 year old to make up. He would tell me how Reese's daddy was mean to him. His descriptions became more detailed as days went on. Then he told me that Reese's daddy pushed him down the stairs and Reese was hurt "real bad" Again, so much detail for a 3 year old. So leads to "The Event" that changed everything.

One evening we were all asleep and was awaken to blood curdling scream coming from my son's room. My girlfriend and I ran up stairs, flipping onevery light. We find my son huddled up in the corner of his room, terrified and pointing to the attic access. He was so shaken and had a scratch by his right eye that was trickling blood. Once we were able to calm him, he said to us that a bad man came out of the attic and scratched him! I retrieved my gun and flashlight and cautiously entered the attic. You could only crawl in there. I found nothing, though it smelled like mildew and smoke. Not suprising since it was the floor that was gutted by the fire.

So smaller events continued like toy moving and footsteps in the kitchen. Brandon continued to play with Reese. I called upon my investigative skills and located a previous tenant. This lady's name was Mrs. James. I explained where I live and she immediately said, " Oh my god, what happend". I told her the story and she shared one of her own.

Keep in mind, Mrs. James is in her 80's. She said that she lived there with her now deceased husband and small children. She told me that her son slept in the very room where Brandon was attacked. She described a frightenly similar story where her and her husband awke to screams and found their son huddle up in a corner with a swelled eye. He said a man came from the wall and punched him! She continued to tell me that the house was evil ever since the little boy died in their. Little boy!

So I asked what happend. She said that some years before they lived there, a family resided there. This was well before the fire that destroyed the upstairs. There was a little boy of 4 years old that had a fatal accident. Apparently there used to be a fire escape on the second floor. He allegedly fell down these steps and was killed! Can anyone guess what his name was? That's right, Reese!

So I believe the renovations that were done stirred the spirits, ghost or whatever and that we uncovered an unsolved homicide. After researching further, the family of Reese has since passed away as well, I'm sure dad had a one way bus ticket to hell.

The story above is completey true and accurate to the best of my first hand knowledge. We were there about 4 months before breaking the lease and getting the hell out of there! The landlord had no questions as to why. I believe they knew.

Happy Halloween!!

GNO

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Vasa Croe
LOL...so much for the spirit of Halloween I guess....oh well..will just pick through and read stories in the paranormal section as I find them....

I gave you one. I hope many others follow. Happy Halloween!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Oooo...nice one. Actually gave me the chills when you spoke about "The Event". Hopefully Brandon has recovered from that. Does he still talk about it and did he quit talking to Reese right when you left or did he ask where Reese went or anything of that nature?

I could not imagine going through something like that...I would have done the same and been gone as soon as I possibly could....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

Don't worry, more will post
It's still early. Quite a few ATS users are probably on their way to work, or not even awake yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

That was so awesome, thanks for sharing. I used to live in an old 2 story house that by now is over a hundred years old and I had moved in there with my now husband at the time and my two young boys. This house had an upstairs and when I was downstairs I used to hear footsteps and what sounded like running up and down the hallway back and forth, back and forth. This is when the boys were with their dad for the weekend and not home with me! That part didn't frighten me too badly, though. What did was one night I was upstairs sleeping in my room and I awoke to the bed shaking. It was shaking so hard that it literally woke me up from a sound sleep and people that know me say I could sleep through a tornado. I jumped up, ran downstairs, nearly falling down the steep out of code steps and told my fiancé that, "the bed just shook me awake!" I was terrified. We moved and bought a new house but for years after living there I dreamt the most terrifying, detailed dreams of that house. Shudders...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Playing with Reese did halt immediately. Brandon has some memory about it, but not like I remember. He is now 18 and this year confided in me about "visitors".

He says that most evenings he will wake to find 1 and sometimes 2 shadow figures just standing and staring. He doesn't see any features on them, just shadows. He said they are so dark, that they are visible in his very dark room. When he stares back, they move closer to his bed, but never have made physical contact. He explained that he neverfeels fear. He just will turn away and go to sleep. Me? I'd be scared to death!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by GNOarmy

Ummm...yeah I would not be a very restful person if that were happening to me. Could not imagine having to go through that with any of my kids either as I am SURE they would each be terrified but they are all still young.

Interesting he has kept up a link to the paranormal...I wonder if it had anything to do with the actual physical contact when he was young. I know they say kids are able to see these things often times but eventually grow out of it so I wonder if the physical nature of what happened allowed him to continue the contact somehow.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Pretty freaky! I have never experienced shaking like that, but have had the bed, sofa somewhat vibrate or shake slightly. I wasn't the only one experiencing that. Its weird. Goes on to this day.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Was listening to my usual radio talk show on the way to work this morning and they had some of the ghost hunter audio clips playing...one was of a guy that recorded his dresser and bed shaking....could only listen as it was radio but that kind of thing would have me outside my house with my family very quickly.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

I was granted custody for a very good reason. Brandon's mother is not the greatest parent. I didn't know I had a son until child support contacted me to report for a DNA test when Brandon was 2. Suprise!

His mother allegedly beat him and left him home alone on many occasions. It still breaks my heart to know what he experienced in her care. As a result, he was diagnosed with social-emotional disorder, ptsd, and Aspbergers. He has since grown out of these disorders and functions normally. He is preparing to enter the military.

It is these issues that I wonder if he was given an ability to sense and see what we cannot.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   
A thread that You and I were spooked with in the last 3 weeks

maybe dumbfounded might say it better, but spooky at times thinking how serious a person can be with their claims of profoundness
edit on 31-10-2013 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Some pretty creepy stuff there guys. I'll add my story to the thread. I've discussed it before in other threads, but here gos.

I was in my late teens. My family lived in a area of Los Angeles know as Toluca Lake. Nice area, we lived in a small older house that had been in the neighborhood since the beginning. In fact my best friend of the time's step dad had actually lived at one time while growing up in the same house. The house never felt haunted or anything but every now and then some weird stuff would happen. It only effected my sister and I and we believed it may have followed us from our previous home that was haunted.

My sister would tell us that sometimes in the dead of night she would wake up and see in her bedroom an old man. Not a scary old man but an old man as real as day in her room. He would fade away, and I would write her stories off to certain types of sleep induced hallucinations. Then I started getting woken up in the middle of the night and would see a boy in his early teens standing by the light switch in my room. He would have a mischevious grin and then fade away. I figured I was just experiencing the same sort of stuff my sister was seeing. Sleep induced hallucinations or something similar.

Finally as a late ten I moved to the converted garage located in the far corner of the back yard. On a few occasions my cousin and I would, just before falling asleep see a small (4 foot tall) hooded shadow of what felt like an old man. He was watching us and we just sat there dumbfounded staring at him for what seemed like a few minutes until he simply faded away. I say he but it could have been any kind of entity since it was basically a humanoid shadow standing in the corner.

This all culminated into a final even that happened to me at that same house before I moved off to go to college. I was standing in the backyard around 8:30ish at night. I was outside my converted garage/bedroom I had been living in, at the far end of the backyard. In between me and the house was the pool and the patio that connected to the family room. So I'm standing there. It's dark out and something tells me to look up. SO I do and suddenly for a second or so the whole sky turns into like a negative image. The black was sepia colored and the stars looked like black pinholes. Then everything went back to normal and before I could react to what I had just seen something got my attention near the patio by the house beyond the pool.

I look over and look towards the patio which is lighted up by a pretty good floodlight. From the white painted cinder block wall that separates out backyard with the neighbors a beach ball sized blob of black oily like something oozed about knee high from the wall and once fully out a half second later instantly stood up and turned into a mat black figure of a man. Blacker than black. No light reflected off of him. He was standing on the cement patio under the flood light and nothing reflected off of him. Like he absorbed light. He stood up and took about two steps as if he was going to enter the house through the back door off the living room. This thing is in between me and the house and it looks like hes walking straight for the back door.

After the second step or so in mid stride he stops and turns slightly and looks directly at me as if he just noticed me. This wraith like figure had no facial features and looked like some guy in a mat black body suite. And muscular. But we look right at each other. He cocks his head a little to the side like he's confused at to what he's seeing. Turns right around walks back towards the wall he cam from. Crouched down turned back into a blob and oozed back into the wall and disappears. I stand there shocked for a second and then dart towards the house. Nobody inside saw anything and the three dogs never once acted strange. In fact the dogs never acted strange in this house. Whatever this thing was it was undetectable by our dogs.

To this day I don't think the thing was evil in any way. It had no bad vibes. It seemed just as confused to see me as I was to see him. I speculate that we both crossed dimensions for a half minute or so and surprised each other. But it did take me a few months to feel safe in the back yard alone again.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Gotta head off to work but later when I get home I'll post some stories about the house we lived in before that I mentioned WAS really haunted. Shadow people, luminicent air in the middle of certain rooms. Creepy walled in rooms and stairs nobody knew about until refurbishments were done. Bad luck, things disappearing, possibly cursed african statues.

Creepy three story mansion (it was on the side of a hill) Up in a canyon of the hollywood hills located between the cahuenga pass and laurel canyon. You name it, this place had it. But it will have to wait until later tonight.
edit on 31-10-2013 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   

GNOarmy

I was granted custody for a very good reason. Brandon's mother is not the greatest parent. I didn't know I had a son until child support contacted me to report for a DNA test when Brandon was 2. Suprise!

His mother allegedly beat him and left him home alone on many occasions. It still breaks my heart to know what he experienced in her care. As a result, he was diagnosed with social-emotional disorder, ptsd, and Aspbergers. He has since grown out of these disorders and functions normally. He is preparing to enter the military.

It is these issues that I wonder if he was given an ability to sense and see what we cannot.

Geez...that is an awful experience for a young child to have to go through. Great thing there are good people like you in his life. People that do that kind of damage to children should be put down in my opinion...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Vasa Croe

lol... I just have never had an experience that I would say fit in with Halloween. Sorry. But its a cool thread to read... very good stories.

Everyone tells me my building where I live is haunted though. Everyone else says they have spooky things happen to them. I never have... lol.. maybe I am just dull or something.
edit on 31-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Stories like yours have always facinated me. I've often wondered if these being have a sense of awareness or if they could be something else say, extra-terrestrial? Who knows? Very interesting in deed. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

Nice one....would definitely have me weirded out for a while. Would make a great X-files plot if the show were still on me thinks....

Have you seen that entity again since or do you think it was connected with the house? Wonder if the new residents have seen anything similar.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   

OpinionatedB

Vasa Croe

lol... I just have never had an experience that I would say fit in with Halloween. Sorry. But its a cool thread to read... very good stories.

Everyone tells me my building where I live is haunted though. Everyone else says they have spooky things happen to them. I never have... lol.. maybe I am just dull or something.
edit on 31-10-2013 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

Ha....doubt you are dull. I don't see or feel even a small percentage of what my wife tends encounter. She has weird vibes and feelings a lot and I usually just roll with it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join