It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Volatile high explosive packages found in small Australian city

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:39 AM
link   
This one has my eyebrow raised, is there some sort of sleeper cell hiding out away from big cities?

Here's the article:

COUNTER-TERRORISM will continue to search Australind's Leschenault Estuary today after volatile chemicals were found submerged under a jetty on Tuesday.

Federal authorities have been drafted in to help investigate the discovery of a large haul of chemical explosive in the estuary, which has been confirmed to be the highly-volatile TATP - also known as "Mother of Satan".

TATP is the same the substance used in the London terrorist bombings in 2007.

www.abc.net.au...

They go on to say that 3kg was found so far, just enough for a suicide bomber to strap to themselves.

Now, initially I was skeptical of their quickness to link this with terrorism, there's a chemical plant of sorts nearby, maybe they illegally dumped something that is a component of TATP, but going on what we've been told, it doesn't sound like it, being placed under a jetty is a pretty good hiding place, but the substance is volatile, unless it's wet and its insoluble in water, making the hiding spot even more convenient.

Someone wanted to hide that there for sure.

But who.

And why?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
If i remember correctly The explosive used in the London Bombings was a Homemade hydrogen Peroxide based substance...Hair Dye.

Probably submerged to keep cool as it's very unstable at room temps.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Soloprotocol

Acetone peroxide.

Also can be a byproduct of mdma manufacture. But this seem nefarious indeed.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   

winofiend

Acetone peroxide.

Also can be a byproduct of mdma manufacture. But this seem nefarious indeed.

There we have it...Case solved...they found a Mandy Factory.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Lol that's giving cooks more credit than they deserve, with the keeping 3kg of waste product out of harms way in a safe place under a jetty.

Oo

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Im trying to come up with some other theory as to why it's there, but I'm struggling to.

The location is concerning too.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   

AlphaHawk
reply to post by winofiend

Im trying to come up with some other theory as to why it's there, but I'm struggling to.

The location is concerning too.

It's a tricky one as we have a crap load of clan labs around here also. I just don't see anyone going to all that bother to discard something.

And if it is associated with any sort of terrorist cell, then it was here for a training purpose. Much like when those aum supreme truth freaks rented a place in the outback and when they left, they found traces of sarin gas and a load of dead sheep.

We don't have a lot down here to make a terrorist get a hard on..

But whatever it was intended for, it's good that it's now out of the way, because regardless if it was waste product or test product, that was something dangerous!

The guys who found it turned it in thinking it was drugs too, if they'd been able to leave it there and monitor it, we'd know a lot more.. now potentially, there is a loose cat and an empty bag in WA.

edit on 31-10-2013 by winofiend because: (no reason given)

top topics

join