It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

“The Next Saudi Arabia”: An Australia Desert Town of 3,500

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by breadinspector

. . . 'MERELY' . . .

another reason for a large Asian country to invade and take over Australia.

. . . as has long been planned.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Australia could easily become self-sufficient, but environmentalists will never allow for even a comparitavely small piece of land to be dug out.

Conspiracy-Theorists: Take very close notice of secret Arab funding of Australian "green" and "environmentalist" groups.
edit on 31-10-2013 by lucid eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by iBallinU

YES I AM TAKING THE PISS

but only half. Statistics concerning the US and their insatiable desire to obtain oil supplies don't lie.

I tried for 9 months to try and get onto
The Wheatstone Project in W.A run by Bechtel, a US based energy company, but I've been denied with every application, and I've never been unemployed or denied access to any mining or construction job in Australia.

As an Australian Aboriginal there are even employment incentives to further assist my employment opportunities in W.A.

I guess I'm just bitter that my 10 applications were refused, and 30% of the workforce on a 5000-man project have foreign passports.

My flat mate works a 4/1 roster at Wheatstone and keeps telling me how Aussies are getting less and less on that site.

Sorry if I offended you, take what I say with a big grain of salt

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

samuel1990

I really hope they don't decimate our country : (
Us Aussies pride ourselves with our wide open spaces and barely touched outback!

Please, just leave us alone!

Ever been to a BHP mine mate?? What do you think the mineral boom of the last 10 years has been about??

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Trubeeleever

YES I AM TAKING THE PISS

but only half. Statistics concerning the US and their insatiable desire to obtain oil supplies don't lie.

I tried for 9 months to try and get onto
The Wheatstone Project in W.A run by Bechtel, a US based energy company, but I've been denied with every application, and I've never been unemployed or denied access to any mining or construction job in Australia.

As an Australian Aboriginal there are even employment incentives to further assist my employment opportunities in W.A.

I guess I'm just bitter that my 10 applications were refused, and 30% of the workforce on a 5000-man project have foreign passports.

My flat mate works a 4/1 roster at Wheatstone and keeps telling me how Aussies are getting less and less on that site.

Sorry if I offended you, take what I say with a big grain of salt

You didn't offend me at all.
I just don't think we are going to be invaded by an ally and all that other nonsense people keep talking about. I also don't think the Aboriginal communities in the outback will suddenly disappear. Not in the year 2013 and beyond. Things have changed, but there's still a long way to go.

It sickens me and pisses me off that more and more foreigners are being flown in as cheap labor to work on this massive mining projects, while Australians are being denied jobs.
You then have fat as****es like Gina Reinhart who get in the media and start making excuses like there's not enough Aussies who want to work. BULL#!!
There's plenty of Aussies who would instantly take up a job in the mines.
It's just that it's nearly impossible to get a job in the mining industry these days, that's keeping them from doing so.
Maybe we should move to some third world country and apply for jobs then?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Whoa iBallinU, now it's you who are scaring me. LOL.

But I get your gist.
I guess I'm proud that Aussie blue collar workers can work on a job and clear $2800/wk after tax. That's almost the best in the world. And just as you say, Gina wants to complain about the lack of skilled Aussies who are qualified for the job, but I've been trying for 9 months but to no avail. Meanwhile my flat mate keeps telling me that we're getting the bullet left right and centre.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

samuel1990

I really hope they don't decimate our country : (
Us Aussies pride ourselves with our wide open spaces and barely touched outback!

Please, just leave us alone!

Sorry bud, but I am pretty sure that 'barely touched outback' is a thing of the past nowdays.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   

breadinspector

In January, officials in Australia announced they had found a shale oil field that contained more “black gold” than what’s found in Iran (137 billion barrels), Iraq (115 billion barrels), Canada (175 billion barrels) or Venezuela (211 billion barrels).

Care to name these "officials" and where they announced the find?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Let's just hope that common sense keeps this 'find' untouched as it's expensive to extract and an environmental disaster if exploited. We've had shale oil projects here before but they closed down in the early 1900s as they couldn't compete with easily won crude such as that found in the middle east. Perhaps when the 'easy' crude is getting rare this could become attractive financially.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

hellobruce

breadinspector

In January, officials in Australia announced they had found a shale oil field that contained more “black gold” than what’s found in Iran (137 billion barrels), Iraq (115 billion barrels), Canada (175 billion barrels) or Venezuela (211 billion barrels).

Care to name these "officials" and where they announced the find?

Are you being serious? This news is 11 months old.
It was all over the news in Australia.
Here,
www.abc.net.au...

Worst case they say 3.5 billion barrels, but estimates put it at around 233 billion.
It wont be 233 billion when it's finally confirmed, but it will be substantially more then 3.5 billion.
Although I hope that this reserve exceeds 233 billion, and it wouldn't be unprecedented. Israels gas discoveries off it's coast have turned out bigger then they previously thought. But at this stage with the shale oil in outback Australia it's just wishful thinking.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

I love this line from your source:

"...officials estimated the lone oil field contained about 233 billion barrels of oil — just 30 fewer barrels than what officials report is found in all of Saudi Arabia."

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Trubeeleever

Whoa iBallinU, now it's you who are scaring me. LOL.

But I get your gist.
I guess I'm proud that Aussie blue collar workers can work on a job and clear $2800/wk after tax. That's almost the best in the world. And just as you say, Gina wants to complain about the lack of skilled Aussies who are qualified for the job, but I've been trying for 9 months but to no avail. Meanwhile my flat mate keeps telling me that we're getting the bullet left right and centre.

2800 after tax a week is crazy money.
Almost everyone you ask, would work for that money. Of course there are dole bludgers and addicts who wouldn't.
But any average person would jump at that chance.

Hell man, if they really cant find workers, they could do the right thing by the nation, and halve those wages to say 1500 a week after tax, and spend the rest on training people who are willing to work.

How many long term unemployed people are there who can't get jobs? Too many.
How many underemployed people are there? Too many.

But instead filthy greedy grubs like Gina among others, want to fly foreigners in and out of the country to work.

These people, Gina & co, are exploiting OUR resources. OUR NATIONS natural wealth.
They should NOT be allowed to dog the Australian public by using foreigners, who take that money back to their countries.

Say there's 20,000 people on 2800/week..that's 56 million dollars.
Wouldn't it be better to have that 56 million in wages being spent here in Australia, on new homes, new cars, etc?

But people like Gina only see ways to make more profit for them selves.
There is no pride in their nation from them. They couldn't give a stuff about Australia or it's people.

But what else should we expect from an over sized beached whale like her, when her own kids take her to court over money matters.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I have heard Tasmania is sitting on a few reserves of oil.

These are untouched and locked up because of green groups.
edit on 4/11/2013 by amraks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
In relation to my comment about their being an ancient ocean/sea in central Australia near Coober Pedy, here is an image released by National Geographic if all the ice melted..

posted on Nov, 7 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
well a mate of mine has land up there and value on it hasn't gone up so... ??

also, when I last spoke to him, I raved on about the big find up in his neck of the woods and he said, it weren't anything significant. I listen to him cos he is a local and would know.

Govt lie through their back teeth and make things bigger than what they are... omg they were trying to flog off a run down house in IRON KNOB for 75K... outrageous AND the real estate guy went on and on with a sales pitch about the mining boom.

And a couple of years later, they had to release info on the fact that the mining boom had busted.

spose we will just have to wait and see!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join