It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I want to quit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
What do you guys think about this idea?

Is it not inevitable for our time to go through 1 ruler? Is our system not setup for 1 ruler? That's how it's playing out.

The few that stand up are quickly neutralized. Fatal, or bought off. Or under the 'radar' some how. Hacks.

I'm gonna post this in rant because it's just thoughts going through my head lately. I think i'm in the rat race. Paycheck to paycheck. 40 hours a week. I always think about the people who earn less than me and at the same time, they put in atleast 20x the labor.

# it, ATS, to drop everything and run OR, stick with it and maybe find happiness randomly some where in this bleak atmosphere? That is the question.

WHEN DO WE COME TOGETHER AND FIX OUR WORLD?
edit on 10-31-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

WE;VE GOT THE NUMBERS. It's not like the 300 versus. It's millions versus.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Mugen

The few that stand up are quickly neutralized. Fatal, or bought off. Or under the 'radar' some how. Hacks.

WE;VE GOT THE NUMBERS. It's not like the 300 versus. It's millions versus.

Will not happen. This is hell. Just accept the fact, and struggle on, while our corrupt overlords are wallowing in luxury and perverse excess with the fruits of our labour.
edit on 31-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Perhaps I am the one to lead the world out of destruction. (fun thought, and seemingly not too far from reach)

Then again, "i'm sorry. i do not want to be an emperor, I do not want to rule or conquer anyone. I shall like to help everyone if possible.... human beings are like that. They want to live by each other's happiness, not each other's misery."

Not the first time i've posted this video. And most likely, not the first time you've seen it. But.....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I remember thinking this very same thing in 1988. Guess what? Not a darn thing changed except that I got old and lost my good looks, and I am barely hanging on to my mind. Take a vacation, even if it is a for day.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:36 AM
link   

johncarter

Mugen

Will not happen. This is hell. Just accept the fact, and struggle on, while our corrupt overlords are wallowing in luxury and perverse excess with the fruits of our labour.
edit on 31-10-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

Don't know if sarcasm, or have you given up? Things can change my friend.

MOMof3

I remember thinking this very same thing in 1988. Guess what? Not a darn thing changed except that I got old and lost my good looks, and I am barely hanging on to my mind. Take a vacation, even if it is a for day.

How old were you in 1988? I'm 22... ready to defend my rights. You were the same??
I use 'rights' loosely. One right, "treat everyone as you would want them to treat you"

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

It sounds like you're feeling disenfranchised, and paying too close attention to what you don't have, as well as falling prey to the over empathetic "we're all victims of the HAVES" mentality.

I recommend focusing on what you DO HAVE, or perhaps take up a new hobby.
The other alternative would be to start doing volunteer work with the Homeless such you might foster a greater appreciation for the life you have compared to those wretched souls with nothing.
At the same time, you'll be contributing to the health and welfare of the community, and doing something good; fulfilling a need.

If you're waiting for somethign to change, nothing of any great note is going to change for the better any time soon.
Christians, for instance, have been waiting for the return of their savior and saying "soon!" for over 2000 years. It aint happening.
You may also desire to take some time out from visiting conspiracy websites if all the PTB and Illuminati talk is getting to you such that it actually has an emotional impact.

Adopt a kitten.
Adopt a puppy.
Either or both.
Kittens and puppies will make you feel better.

edit on 10/31/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I hear you and I too lament at the state of affairs currently occurring both in the U.S and Globally.

Sadly there are way too many complacent people , those who only have self interest at heart , that are either willing to ignore what is happening or just are'nt capable of casting their awareness to the plight of others.

Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your perspective, it is these very people that will be subject to the most shocking awakening , when their closed world of self interest is impacted by the resulting chaos and resulting deaths of billions , when our current world ideological position finally reaches its apex.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-10-2013 by Pinkorchid because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AliceBleachWhite

reply to post by Pinkorchid

Both of you make a lot of sense. Just like my family.

"Keep your head down, move on. That's just the way it is."

I'm getting tired of "that's just the way it is." At the same time, i've got to check my own mind. Right now, i'm one to believe that the mind and heart are separate. And my heart is the truth, while my mind is brainwashed into thinking I need more and more.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I'm gonna post this in rant because it's just thoughts going through my head lately. I think i'm in the rat race. Paycheck to paycheck. 40 hours a week. I always think about the people who earn less than me and at the same time, they put in atleast 20x the labor.

It seems like a predominantly negative world we live in sometimes. Especially for those of us that are ATS junkies and REALLY can see the big picture with how the world works and you're right, its a sad state of affairs and looks hopeless when you really take a good look at the whole of the situation the world is in nowadays.

It sounds like you are working a mundane job that you're getting sick of. I hear you friend, most of the jobs I've had I dreaded getting up in the morning and going to. Longer hours, reduced pay, reduced benefits, end of overtime and nowadays employers are total a-holes becasue they know theres a long line of unemployed people that will probably work for less money than you will.

Now I am on disability. I wish I had a job, or something to occupy my time and provide for my family again. You've got your health OP, that makes you rich as you need to be. Happiness is a choice bro, don't wait until you get towards the end of your life to choose to be happy. I've known people that lived in expensive houses with heated pools and servants and bowling alleys in their basement, and they were totally miserable people to be around. I've also been to shotgun houses out in the middle of the woods where the folks had no electricity and drank water out of a bucket for a well also, and they were some of the most happy go lucky friendly people I've ever met. It's easy to dwell on what you don't have, but really being thankful for what you ALREADY have is a challenge for most people.

Ever notice how there are so many people that just aren't happy no matter what happens to them? They always say things like, "If I just had more money....." or "If I just had a better wife/car/house/job/whatever then I would be happy." Really and truly though, happiness comes from within and you're never going to find it out there anywhere. I look back on my life alot nowadays and if I could change one thing about my past that would be it. I would'nt have worried so much about bills, money, work, stupid bosses....none of it matters in the end, just take it one day at a time and take the time to notice one thing positive about your day no matter how down and crappy you feel.

Keep your head up, remember, this is all just a ride in the end anyways.....so might as well enjoy thee ups, downs and everything in between.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

If you want to feel better, change the world and see things in a new light, then do the following:

Cut out meat, sugar, dairy and fried food from your diet. Drink water, eat figs, dates (Frozen), fruit, vegetables, nuts, chocolate, oats, fiber cereal, wholewheat bread, natural peanut butter with honey.... Once you do, you will lose 10 lbs of water weight, the fat in your body will star to burn and your mind will clear. Do this for 40 days. At the end of one week, the hunger will start to regulate and you will eat 60% less food.

What will this do for you? Your brain will now have most of the energy your body expends. Your digestive system will work far less. You stool will no longer smell or float on water. Your mood will be high energy all the time. Your choices will engage in life and your world will transform. Your blood pressure will regulate around 120 over 70. Your arteries will heal themselves. Your sleep will deepen. You will start to dream again. You will wake up after seven hours of sleep and feel refreshed. You will start to look like you did when you were young. Keep this up for 80 days and even more will happen that is good. Make it a lifestyle and you will forget you ever had a bad day.

The world around you is not the problem. You are the problem. Selfishness is the beast within us all. Go back and read my threads. Find the ones that are listed ".... for dummies." Read them.

I have been on this diet several times in the past. Each time I was on the diet, I did something amazing in my life. The first time, I wrote and published a book that has sold well since it came out. Recently, I decided to make this a life choice forever. In one month, I went from 194 ibs to 176. Currently, I am on my way down to 160. I am buying more clothes now to replace the ones that are falling off my body. I have never felt better. The world is a better place all around me.

This is just one step in the right direction to overcoming this world. You can only do two things in this life. You think and you move. That's it. The quality of those thoughts and movements determine your world. Do you make your eyes see? No. Do you make the sun shine, the Earth turn, your stomach digest, your hair grow, the plants in your yard bloom? No. You do two things only. You move and think. The world will reflect your own thoughts and movements. Also, you cannot change the world as a whole. You can only heal the world when you heal your own. The rest of it is self-regulated, just like your body. You do not need to worry about any of it. It will take care of itself, just as your body reflects the way you regulate it with your own thoughts and movements. Once you heal your own mind and body, you can begin to help others. This is the key to happiness. Live well and love others.

You will find the answers in the Bible. You can find them in other scriptures. Any sage of the past that did not write their own words on paper will hold the very same answer as all other scriptures. It's one answer only. Overcome the world by overcoming yourself. Share the way.

When you figure out that even this will not work, the true answer comes from Christ. Faith, Hope and Love. In the mean time, try what Buddha says, then consider the true answer he did not know. Like Solomon said, this world is vanity, but it will lead you to the answer. The answer is clothing yourself in the name of Christ. That name is His character. The more you clothe yourself in love for others, the more your own world becomes what you love. If you only love yourself, then the world around you is missing what it needs to shine. You become what you love. The world becomes what you become. Overcome and you exit this place for good. Waller in your own pity and pride and the world around you becomes what you judge. Judge not lets you first judge yourself. Again, all in the Bible.

Buddha - Dhammapada

Chapter 1 - Choices
We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with an impure mind
And trouble will follow you
As the wheel follows the ox that draws the cart.

---you are the ox pulling the burden in life as the wheel turns. You must be born again. That wheel will turn until you see the answer. When you do, the burden is lifted and you exit the wheel.

We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you
As your shadow, unshakable.

"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Live with such thoughts and you live in hate.
"Look how he abused me and hurt me,
How he threw me down and robbed me."
Abandon such thoughts, and live in love.

---Love is the answer. Stop looking at you and start focusing on what you can do for others.

In this world
Hate never yet dispelled hate.
Only love dispels hate.
This is the law,
Ancient and inexhaustible.

---Only positive can walk negative back to zero.

You too shall pass away.
Knowing this, how can you quarrel?
How easily the wind overturns a frail tree.

--How can you be solid as a rock and a strong tree planted on firm ground? What do you do first?

Seek happiness in the senses,
Indulge in food and sleep,
And you too will be uprooted.
The wind cannot overturn a mountain.
Temptation cannot touch the man
Who is awake, strong and humble,
Who masters himself and minds the dharma (Law / Right thinking).
If a man's thoughts are muddy,
If he is reckless and full of deceit,
How can he wear the yellow robe (honor)?

---Start with food. It's the most obvious. Then move to the other senses. Take control.

Whoever is master of his own nature,
Bright, clear and true,
He may indeed wear the yellow robe.
Mistaking the false for the true,
And the true for the false,
You overlook the heart
And fill yourself with desire.
See the false as false,
The true as true.

---Stop ignoring truth. Deny ignorance.

Look into your heart.
Follow your nature.
An unreflecting mind is a poor roof.

---Meditate on your life. Focus on one solution at a time. Patch one hole in the roof each day.

Passion, like the rain, floods the house.
But if the roof is strong, there is shelter.
Whoever follows impure thoughts
Suffers in this world and the next.
In both worlds he suffers
And how greatly
When he sees the wrong he has done.

---Suffering is the point of life. Smoke, and you suffer health problems. Go to the Gym and suffer work and you gain health. Suffer on purpose. It's the unavoidable truth of life. It makes you a better person. Stop doing things that cause you to suffer as a result.

But whoever follows the dharma (Law)
Is joyful here and joyful there.
In both worlds he rejoices
And how greatly
When he sees the good he has done.
For great is the harvest in this world,
And greater still in the next.
However many holy words you read,
However many you speak,
What good will they do you
If you do not act upon them?
Are you a shepherd
Who counts another man's sheep,
Never sharing the way?
Read as few words as you like,
And speak fewer.
But act upon the dharma.
Give up the old ways -
Passion, enmity, folly.
Know the truth and find peace.
Share the way.

edit on 31-10-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
It all starts with you. What are YOU GONNA DO? Other than rant about it on a forum. ha ha. Why don't you create a blog, create some youtube videos, start a weekly meeting or club, go do graffiti late at night. But here's what it boils down to. The country's main security is the army. Who controls the army controls the country. So unless you can beat a whole army plus dozens of abc agencies then sit down and shut up before they come and black bag you and send you off to a reeducation camp.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

quit,

however, don't become a quitter.

Is it really broken or are we lead to believe its broken so we take up the solutions offered by those in power?

I'm gonna post this in rant because it's just thoughts going through my head lately. I think i'm in the rat race. Paycheck to paycheck. 40 hours a week. I always think about the people who earn less than me and at the same time, they put in atleast 20x the labor. # it, ATS, to drop everything and run OR, stick with it and maybe find happiness randomly some where in this bleak atmosphere? That is the question.

this is your perception and how you feel so you are asking the question.

What if you were to change your perception and see the world a little differently then to how you are looking at it now?

You can find peace and beauty in the rat race of working a dead end job 40 hours a week, you just cant look at it as such otherwise it will always be that.

Your perception is all that matters in how the external world will affect your being,

study yourself, know yourself and realize its your choice how you want to feel about something.

Our whole lives we are taught right and wrongs, do's and dont's.

That sort of programs us to respond in certain ways to certain things, reprogram yourself by knowing yourself and being able to change the way you perceive the world around you.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

If you want to feel better, change the world and see things in a new light,

Yes sir, I agree in my own words in my post.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

It all starts with you. What are YOU GONNA DO?

Exactly,

two posts in a row where the first sentences seem to say the exact same thing I do in my post in my opinion.

I think all issues need to be looked at where they begin and usually its with the individual, if the individual can change themselves then they can change the way they feel about the issue.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

I was in my 30's with three kids, full time job. The only rights I was looking for then was a good nights sleep.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I appreciate all the replies.

Just got to take a step back sometimes and make sure your covering all the basis in your ideas. I mean me right now.

Maybe we're all insane over here prancing around merrily, working, driving, eating, breathing. And we say, "it's not my responsibility to help those kids overseas, let the government do it" ....????

Or maybe most of us are so insignificant, that working 40 hours a week is what keeps the money flowing so then enabling those with the capability to help others worldwide, to actually help them. But the opposite of this is happening yes? War?

One and only commandment: Treat others the way you want to be treated

And i wouldn't have started this thread if it wasn't for late night drunkenness. # it
edit on 11-1-13 by Mugen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
i did in 2008 i looked at my spending and the hours i was working and traveling .

20 hours a week unpaid traveling some weeks then the cost etc i figured out i was working to work ?

it slowly dawned on me that if i did not work i would not need to spend money and time getting to work so the 3 vehicles/ phone contracts/ insurances etc all went .

i used to spend more in 1 week than i have lived on for the last 9 MONTHS now i live the cheap life grow what i can make a little from e-bay etc .

i do not take from the goverment why should i keep some pen pusher or paper shoveler in a job and on freezing mornings i just love watching wage slaves going to work in the cold - poor fools and to think i was like that .

go shop in the reduced bins for food /grow your own be a tight git think outside the box and fxxx the system i did and i am enjoying my retirement

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Mugen

Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on that sad height,
Curse, bless, me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Dylan Thomas

new topics

top topics

join