It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wingers spending millions to scare college students away from Obamacare

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

luciddream
reply to post by Common Good

you "bush'd" that one up!

haha- I didnt bush anything up-they obama'd through their teeth.

edit on 1-11-2013 by Common Good because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   
This is a fantastic waste of money; full-time college kids opt to recieve health insurance through their schools. Student health insurance is defined by the affordable care act as a completely separate type of individual insurance policy. Not to mention the fact that full-time college students, aged 18-21, literally do not care about this issue and are statistically less likely to have to subscribe to an obamacare "insurance" plan. If this group wants to flush $750,000 down the toilet, they should at least do something constructive and offer to subsidize the the difference in a target group of low-to-moderate income earners' paychecks now that higher obamacare insurance premiums have kicked in. That's money that could help feed a family, or pay off a credit card; it's money that should never have left in everyone's pockets in the first place- that's an example of tangible and REAL assistance.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by preezy120

This is a fantastic waste of money; full-time college kids opt to recieve health insurance through their schools. Student health insurance is defined by the affordable care act as a completely separate type of individual insurance policy.

Okay, I am a full time college student, uninsured and have no idea how I can get it, given what I'm seeing in the exchange rates prepared for Missouri to choose from.

In all seriousness, can you link/give reference to what section that appears in? It would be a great help to not just myself, but I'll print it to stick on the bulletin board at the campus.

Thanks!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

www.studentinsurance.com

Is health insurance added to tuition & fees of all students?

Health insurance is not mandatory for domestic undergraduate students and is not included with tuition fees. However, undergraduate students may purchase the Student Health Plan directly by logging in to the student insurance website at www.studentinsurance.com and choosing Voluntary Enrollment.

Health insurance is mandatory for international undergraduate students and the charge for the Student Health Plan will be added to tuition & fees. International students who have alternative insurance may submit a waiver to have the insurance charge removed from the student account.

How much does the Student Health Plan cost?

The Student Health Plan premiums for the 2013-2014 academic year are as follows:

Annual (August 15, 2013 - August 14, 2014)

Student: $1,441 Spouse: $1,652 Each Child: $1,512

Monthly bank draft option available for Voluntary Enrollees

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Well, unfortunately, that isn't any good for me personally. However, I thank you sincerely for bringing it up. I hadn't known about that. Of course, the reason seems clear in checking things out. They list 2 schools for my state under Institutions. Mine is not one of them. However, I'm going to run this past my student services dept.

I'm doing a major research and presentation project on the PPACA from 2007 to present day, so this does fill a gap whether it's of personal use or not.

The rates there? Umm.. I don't know a student on campus who could pay that. I mean, we wouldn't be full time students if we made enough to have just under $1,500 a month in additional disposable income, I'm guessing. At least not those in degree programs.

Still, again, thanks. Your link shall not go to waste, I assure you of that.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

That's not a monthly rate; that's the annual rate. At $120/month, full-time students save significantly. Again, most colleges and universities have their own health insurance plans into which most full-time undergrads subscribe.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
ok, here's one people probably didn't think of...

i have no insurance. i dont really need it. i have a doc i see when i get sick. i can't keep my (lack of) plan either, lest i get fined....

i'd say he lied...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

lol...Thanks. I'm chuckling because I had a feeling after I posted that, I may have misinterpreted your numbers. Given that I couldn't get a simlar listing for my own state out of that site, it was hard to know context.

I've been in the numbers and spreadsheets for the data off data.healthcare.gov since it became available to start plugging into Excel and Access to work with, and some of that is $1,000+ per month. So, it was a matter of some confusion on my part. Sorry on that and thanks for the correction.

* BTW.. Due to your issues raised here, I decided to add to the ACA project I'm working on by simply visiting the major Universities around this area over the coming days. We happen to have quite a variety in one spot from the big state campus at M.S.U. to the Faith schools of Evangel and Drury and on to a couple 2yr schools like I'm attending. I hadn't considered Campus based insurance options, as I've never seen any material as a student even hinting at it. It's an area I wouldn't have thought to explore. So, thanks for the nudge to go that way and get it nailed down for what the ones around here do or do not offer ..as well as what their affiliate schools in other states may or may not have available to anyone.

I may well owe you one, figuratively, for the inspiration on a new direction to go.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

CB328
I find this to be really tacky, low-down and hard to believe. Having rallies and parties to convince students that health care is bad for them?

What I find to be 'really tacky, low-down and hard to believe' ... is that someone with an Obama icon comes on ATS shilling for Obamacare - Obamacare which isn't 'health care' but instead is forced purchase of health insurance (that doesn't even work) that people don't want.

Obamacare isn't health care. HEALTHCARE is healthcare.

Before Obamacare, 85% of Americans had the healthcare that fit their wallets and that they wanted. Instead of helping the 15% that didn't have that, Obama BROKE THE ENTIRE SYSTEM. Tens of millions of Americans are losing their health care and their incomes because of Obamacare.

Obamacare is indeed bad for college students .... heck it's bad for the entire country.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   

CB328
Obama didn't lie.

Dead wrong.

There's only a small percentage of policies being dropped and the insurance companies decided to do that, not Obama.

Dead wrong. Tens of millions of Americans are not a 'small percentage'.

US World News Report - Obama Lied about Obamacare
Chicago Tribune - Obama Lied about Obamacare
Even FAR LEFT Bill Maher said Obama Lied about Obamacare

NBC ... Obama Knew Millions Could Not Keep Their Health Insurance
Congressional Budget Office - 20 Million to Lose Heath Care Insurance Due to Obamacare
List of 300 Major Employers cutting 40 hour workweek to 29 hours due to Obamacare
There are tons more places doing it .. small business across the country ...

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Since I can remember Tuition includes some time of medical coverage, I had coverage when I was in college that was in the late 70s early 80s, my daughter also had coverage when she was in UGA.

But this coverage is limited.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
One example of MILLIONS ....

Millions in USA Face Sticker Shock From Obamacare

The Griffins, who live near Philadelphia, pay $770 monthly for their soon-to-be-terminated health care plan with a $2,500 deductible. The cheapest plan they found on their state insurance exchange was a so-called bronze plan charging a $1,275 monthly premium with deductibles totaling $12,700. It covers only providers in Pennsylvania, so the couple, who live near Delaware, won't be able to see doctors they've used for more than a decade.

"We're buying insurance that we will never use and can't possibly ever benefit from. We're basically passing on a benefit to other people who are not otherwise able to buy basic insurance," said Griffin, who is retired from running an information technology company.

The Griffins are among millions of people nationwide who buy individual insurance policies and are receiving notices that those policies are being discontinued because they don't meet the higher benefit requirements of the new law.

Obamacare is EVIL.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join