It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Right Wingers spending millions to scare college students away from Obamacare

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

windword
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'm not sure I understand. Are you saying that the administration deliberately set up a web that would fail and be vulnerable to attacks?

Nope.... They are hopelessly incompetent but I don't credit them with that level of skill. That WOULD really take skill to have done this deliberately. Screw it up badly enough to be non-functional but not QUITE enough to officially crash? Naww... I don't buy they are anywhere near that good.

Quite the opposite. I think this disaster has been a typical case of cronyism for contracts, sloppy or total lack of oversight in a "just call us when it's done" mentality, coupled with a White House that is all about everything except LEADING from the front to run a tight ship.

When things at the top get sloppy, no one below cares quite as much as they may have before in doing the job as good as can be. Why bother? If "Close enough" is "good enough"? That backfired like a small nuclear bomb this time, IMO.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

CB328

the president of the United States of America came on national TV and lied through his teeth to every single American watching about keeping their insurance if they liked it?

Obama didn't lie. There's only a small percentage of policies being dropped and the insurance companies decided to do that, not Obama.

Obama doesn't speak a single word without lying.

Why are policies being dropped?

Because Obamacare made those policies illegal to offer.
Insurance companies didn't have a choice, by law, they had to drop them.

So, who forced insurance companies to drop policies?

Demonrats!
Demonrats!
Demonrats!

And left wing nut jobs are spending $2.7 Trillion to destroy 1/5 of the economy.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

The insurance companies didn't "decide" to drop these policies. They were forced to drop these policies by regulations created by the Obama administration defining what is an acceptable plan. They HAD to drop these policies. They had no choice. Now these consumers have no choice.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
If Obamacare is so lame that college students will not sign up then the government will just put rule on the books that you can not go to collage unless you sign up for Obamacare.

If people that don't like Obamacare can get Obama to put in a rule like that more power to them.

So far the public still does not know the full Obamacare law and the government can change the rules at any time through the federal register without going to congress.
www.federalregister.gov...

And the plan by Obama was to use the federal register to change the rules before the ACA was voted in.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Obama didn't lie.

He most certainly did:

There's only a small percentage of policies being dropped and the insurance companies decided to do that, not Obama.

Small percentage?

Washington Post blog

If you dig into the regulations (go to page 34560), you will see that HHS wrote them extremely tight. One provision says that if co-payment increases by more than $5, plus medical cost of inflation, then the plan can no longer be grandfathered. (With last year’s inflation rate of 4 percent, that means the co-pay could not increase by more than $5.20.) Another provision says the co-insurance rate could not be increased at all above the level it was on March 23, 2010.

While one might applaud an effort to rid the country of inadequate insurance, the net effect is that over time, the plans would no longer meet the many tests for staying grandfathered. Already, the percentage of people who get coverage from their job via a grandfathered plan has dropped from 56 percent in 2011 to 36 percent in 2013.

In the individual insurance market, few plans were expected to meet the “grandfathered” requirements, which is why many people are now receiving notices that their old plan is terminated and they need to sign up for different coverage. Again, this should be no surprise. As HHS noted in a footnote of a report earlier this year: “We note that, as the Affordable Care Act is implemented, we expect grandfathered coverage to diminish, particularly in the individual market.”
Indeed, at least six states — Virginia, Idaho, Kentucky, Louisiana, Wyoming and Kansas — require insurance companies to cancel existing policies, rather than amend them, if the grandfathered coverage lapses.
Now, it’s important to note that many people — perhaps a large majority — are receiving notices that they have lost their insurance plan because they were never grandfathered in the first place. In other words, they got a plan after the bill was signed into law back in 2010. If that’s the case, they have no option but to accept the more comprehensive insurance mandated by the law.

With so many tests on grandfathering and inflation targets being what they are, it was IMPOSSIBLE for insurance companies to meet the requirements of their existing health plans. The law FORCED them to drop coverage.

People are not only losing their healthcare plans, they are being forced to accept the inadequate and often more costly options offered by healthcare.gov. This law is SCREWING people over.
edit on pThu, 31 Oct 2013 00:50:15 -0500201331America/Chicago2013-10-31T00:50:15-05:0031vx10 by projectvxn because: change .org to .gov

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Funny they need to spend money to make people not want it. Anyone that can do math can see it's a terrible plan and to stay away altogether.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Thanks for the good laugh LMFAO.......Repubs to sweep the Senate and House in 12 and a landslide in 16.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Well, looks like the OP abandoned this thread.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

Yep , he Ran Out of Legs to Stand On ........

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CB328

OH, that commercial must be the reason only SIX PEOPLE signed up for Obamacare on its first day! I totally understand now.

6 Enrollees on First Day

Check it out, it's totally CBS that busted the Administration on their lies too. As the wind blows...

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
" Right Wingers spending millions to scare college students away from Obamacare "

Perhaps it's more like "rescuing" students.

And I would think millions spent on that effort would have better results than spending billions on advertising for the exchanges.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Poor students and the younger generation in this nation, they need to be scare alright, and very much indeed, getting out of college with not chance of a job, competing with very soon millions of illegals to become citizens, competing with insourcing workers from other countries, thousands of dollars in debt from loans and now the government wants them to become the milking cows for Obamacrap.

What a future for the young generation and darn they should be very afraid very afraid.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
I read the title and thought... wouldn't a wise, but noobie moderator move this to jokes and pranks? Should I offer him a carrot?

Then I read the OP (and noticed the evergreen ref. in his avatar dealie-o) and realized he was probably serious... which begs the question further...

Is he "medicated"... or should he be...

Hmmmmm

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Why??? Why would they spend millions of dollars trying to scare people away??? Obamacare is doing that all on it's own!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Lie of the day- "Obama didnt lie"

Obama is synonomous with the word "Lie"

In fact- Ima replace the word all together- from now Im going to say "You Obama'd through your teeth".

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

you crazy son?

i dont need no conservatives telling me obamacare is horrible.

im considering leaving the country honestly, it will be the death of us.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
"Say Count, how many have signed up for Obamacare?" asks Ernie...

Vun... vun application... ahh ha ha

Two... two Obamacare applications ah ha ha

Three... three applications... ahh ha ha

FOUR... FOUR beautiful Obamacare applications!!! AH HA HA HA

Five... Five deluded Americans... AH HA HA

SIX... SIX AMAZING INCREDIBLE enrolees...

Ahhhhh ha ha ha ha....

Perfect for Halloween
edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Upon the advice of Dr. Strabismus of Utrecht ... whom God preserve

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: Can't sleep... the clowns will eat me...

edit on 1-11-2013 by madmac5150 because: SIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
They NEED the young to sign onto this abortion as without lots of people paying in and not needing to use the system there will be no money to cover all those deadbeats that this was designed to give a free ride to.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Common Good

you "bush'd" that one up!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
So just saying, this article was posted back in the middle of September. A lot of information has come to light about Obamacare since then. I'd wager that this article is a tad outdated.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join