It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the world handle disclosure?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

sealingAw but the AirForce did admit the UFO

Informal admissions don't add up to much. True disclosure has to be official. There has to be an announcement by a head of state followed up by the media and open discussion. Otherwise it gets lost in the noise and indifference.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

EnPassant

sealingAw but the AirForce did admit the UFO

Informal admissions don't add up to much. True disclosure has to be official. There has to be an announcement by a head of state followed up by the media and open discussion. Otherwise it gets lost in the noise and indifference.

I suspect that if a head of state did such a thing it still would get lost in the noise and indifference unless there was a sensationalistic angle. ie: "XYZ Head of State to give aliens diplomatic immunity." or "alien technology to replace your new iPad?"

etc....

Most people at this point are so myopic and self-centered that unless it affects them, their family, their pocketbook, and their enjoyment of life they're not going to care.

Simply saying, "We found some aliens in the desert 65 years ago along with a banged up vehicle we still haven't figured out." wouldn't do much other than set ATS and other conspiracy websites on fire.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
We have aliens here now. Their called Republicans.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If the disclosure is about the existence of "aliens," then it would all depend on how close the aliens were. If the aliens were discovered because of a radio signal found 10,000 light years away, then most people would be cool about it. That's pretty far. We could study their broadcast technology and language from a distance, and it would be a nice, clean academic and philosophical endeavor. If we could get a video signal, it might be cool to see what they look like.

But if the disclosure said that aliens were insect creatures hiding out on our Moon, or even if they were humanoid and sending spies down to Earth to live among us and study our weaknesses for invasion and enslavement, then people would freak out big time.

I personally don't think it would be that simple. I think it would more likely have to do with how we define reality and existence, and how we consider ourselves to be "intelligent." Those things are more subtle, and wouldn't be as easy to announce in the news like aliens creatures from another planet. On the positive side, most of us would be too stupid to understand what it all meant. Is an alien that doesn't exist in reality the same way we do a threat? Yes? No?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
200 years ago they were fairies
Before that...leprechauns
Before that sprites
Before that incubus succubus

Mass media and it's old time equivalents (lore, storytelling, books) determined what people saw.

No different than a stage show hypnotist can get a volunteer to perceive a naked audience, despite his same eyes seeing it as fully clothed not twenty minutes prior. What is in the mind changes perception.

Extraterrestrials did not exist before the advent of science fiction.

Therefore, I'll trust in my Creator and His words to us. I'll trust His repeated warnings to guard the mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I've already tossed religion out of my belief system, I find it more absurd than Extraterrestrials, but then again, ET's are plausible, whereas religion never has been.

Suppose off-world intelligences did exist and have their origin on some other planet, does it mean they visit us from that planet, or have they boldly gone where no others of their ilk have gone before?

I doubt very much that visitations to our planet occur over vast distances, I believe that seeing as our species destiny is to leave this planet, we will live in spaceships, travelling around the universe, setting up colonial posts on suitable and habitable planets. Once we leave earth, the spaceships will be forever 'home' to our species, we will never view another planet like we do earth.

Aliens may have be doing what we are destined to do already, and have done so for thousands of years. I've got no problem with disclosure, but I would think for many it would be disturbing, distressing even, but I would like having definitive knowledge that we are not alone at all.
edit on 1/11/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Mankind's reaction to disclosure depends largely on the rhetoric that is used. If they say "the space critters are coming to get us" there might be panic, but if they say "we have made contact with our cosmic brothers and sisters" things would go differently. The words used would have to be very carefully chosen. Most people would believe what they feel comfortable with, whether it is true or not. But WHY would there be disclosure? There will be no disclosure unless the government has compelling belief that it is for the best and I don't see that they have. Likewise aliens will not force disclosure unless they have very good reasons to do so. The question is WHY would gov. Or aliens want disclosure? There must be compelling reasons for it or it will not happen. What are the reasons for disclosure?

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
EnPassant:

What are the reasons for disclosure?

What are the reasons for no disclosure? Is it really because it will panic people? Don't forget, we are species whom have no qualms, no problem at all at slaughtering each other, en masse and in some horrific ways, we slaughter in the thousands, and when we really want to cull our species, we do it in the millions, and you think disclosure is going to panic people? Why would they panic, and where would they panic to?

Okay. Suppose the POTUS, representing the quasi-free world goes on TV and announces that we have made contact with an alien race, or he announces that contact was made decades ago, and that there is not just one alien race, but a number of them, each with their own agenda, each more technologically advanced than us, but not as advanced as each other. That these alien races know of each other, tolerate each other to a degree, but it isn't a galactic 'kum bah ah' festival out there? How would you take the news?

Would you go running for the nearest cliff edge? Take a drug cocktail and leave a note to the world saying "Cheerio f**king O!" No, you wouldn't do that. The knowledge would fill you with some vindication and validation, it would answer a lot of questions for me, but raise a lot more.

I couldn't care less if people panicked, it wouldn't change the situation. They haven't taken over the planet, they haven't attacked the highest sentient intelligence native to the planet. There's nothing to panic over. If they were hostile, we'd be dead or enslaved by now. They wouldn't attack this planet for what resources they could get out of it...they'd get more on other planets. If they are truly visiting this planet, or have been here already for a very long time, they are here for us...we would be their prime interest. Hence, we haven't been attacked or taken over. Would they be watching over us for our own safety, saving us from ourselves...I don't think so. They're just watching and studying, and will not intervene in our affairs unless what we do interferes with theirs.

Suppose one alien race did openly intervene, how would the other alien races react? Rhetorical question of course.
edit on 2/11/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Yes, I agree with you that the world would not panic, especially if the rhetoric was carefully constructed. I also find it strange that some are saying that religion would collapse. I see no reason why it would. But disclosure requires a compelling motive - they are not going to disclose just to satisfy our curiosity and certainly not because they want the truth to be known. Most politicians are only interested in truth when it suits them. My question is why would they disclose? What would compel them? They will not disclose unless they have a BIG reason to do so. So what is that reason?

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Bassago
My question is not if they are there or if we can handle disclosure. I believe we can.

I'm more worried about what if the come to earth and show themselves and are part of a religious intergalactic missionary force.

Think space-faring religious inquisition.

You have free will. No one can make you believe anything you do not wish to believe.

If "they" come to you and begin that trip with you, walk away.

posted on Nov, 4 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   

spartacus699
There's no such thing as an alien or a UFO, there just demons.

here's actual nightvision footage of a real alien....

No such thing as an alien...

alien = demon

therefore... video is of a demon? lol

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

To answer your question, most people ARE ready, and disclosure is inevitable.

The qualifier is how and when it will take place for each person.

There are arguments to support the fact that disclosure is already in the process of happening…and has been happening for several decades.

And on one level this is true. You can’t deny how much entertainment delves into this subject matter. All of the movies and television shows in the last twenty years prove this.

As of late, there have been concerted attempts to share bits of “the truth” with UFO Hunters, and more pointedly the Ancient Alien series. It’s a good thing people are paying attention to what the scholars featured on there are saying….despite attempts by paid shills to “debunk” the series.

By the way, the Ancient Aliens series is an excellent series for anyone trying to understand how religion fits into all of this. Eventually people will understand, our religions were seeded here from off-planet as well… all of them talking of avatars, gods, jin, angels, etc. All…FROM THE STARS. The megaliths featured on the series are all structures built oriented to the stars and often dedicated to some diety from the sky. There is a deliberate pattern here.

People are beginning to understand this connection, and are demanding to know what our true history as humans really is versus the watered-down/censored “punishing God” versions of ourselves in the Bible. Those stories don’t give the full picture anyway…but they have been wildly misinterpreted through the ages.

If you dare, check out Alien Interview edited by Spencer. Its on the Disclosure Hong Kong free online books page. A very good “cliffs notes” version of Earth history, including some descriptions of the ET colonies that existed here…Lemuria and Atlantis.

Helps one to get the larger picture of what “disclosure” is actually about, and why its so huge and all encompassing.

All in all, disclosure is inevitable.

Eventually people of Earth will understand that ET is here, and has always been here…and way longer than humans have been. They’ll eventually fully appreciate that we come from them.

The rate at which disclosure happens will depend on the individual.

Many that are ready are simply being directly contacted now. Why? Because many races our there are our family. They have been watching us evolve on this planet for eons, waiting for us to arrive at the point where we can interact responsibly and travel to the stars. And, we’re almost there.

There was a huge surge of “personal contacts” in the 50s. Van Tassel, Adamski, and several others were supposedly directly contacted back then…a concern about our use of nuclear weapons was in the forefront of a few.

Many of these personal accounts (free books!) can be found at :

exopoliticshongkong.com...

Also a very interesting 50s case in Italy called the Friendship Case was featured here…

divinecosmos.com...

But not everyone is ready for this…at least not right at this minute.

Clearly, several humans are not ready for…well, other humans.

People don’t believe when people they classify as “other” go through hardship (I’ve seen people attack others over food-stamps, etc.) , so why would they believe the stories of ET contactees…?

If someone fears someone who they think lives in a “bad” neighborhood, just because of their skin colour, how is that same person going to react when they see a fifteen foot blue ET?

People still have an awful hard time respecting each other…you think ET wants to come down here and babysit while folks spit on each other? Or better still, get shot at? A good reason why the “mass landings” haven’t happened yet.

Several already get the big picture, and even more “feel” there is much more than what we’ve been told. Mostly, people will find what they need from each other, themselves from dreams and contemplation, and by hearing about, if they wish, the zillions of contacts that happen everyday.

Instead of accusing each other of “whining” or just “wanting to be famous”, people are beginning to really listen to each other…

…even if the story is about a contact with ET.

It all comes down to us humans realizing we’re capable of MUCH MORE than we think we are.

Until a huge overhaul of the “system” happens, don’t expect our government to disclose anything voluntarily. Believe me, MOST in the “government” don’t understand the full totality of what this is about anyway. Largely because they are still dealing with a legacy of negotiating with certain ETs we were supposedly warned not to deal with. And the system is highly compartmentalized.

Disclosure is happening little bits at a time, right now through this forum, and through many other means…. our time is here. The question is, what will we DO with the knowledge, when as it happens?

posted on Nov, 5 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

In 2013 what does the world tell you most about itself?

The world tells me most that it does not care.

So if the world does not care about you, or me, why would it care about aliens?

Just a thought. Much of this really doesn't take much thinking, just a little common sense.

Absolutely nothing would chance and for some one to think differently means they are forcing delusion upon themselves, and their extent of forced delusion probably shows in a multitude of daily body language and pitiful verbal affirmations representing a vast fathomless depth of ignorance that seems impossible to ever get out of.

I Mean Really - Don't Believe All People, But Listen To Credible People. But no, we have people running around creating lies in the hope they will be listened to, and denying every other thing that another person says.

The world does not care, and if there was a care of the world, they would show us that the care is about not caring - they care to show that they don't care.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

back in the 1960s, i lived on superstition mountain in arizona and was witness to beings definitely not human.

i saw people have mental breakdowns over just the sight of beings that were outside of their small reality.
some were still on medication months later.

then look at the importance and slaughter of other humans past religeous event have caused.
how many have died over jerusalem in the last 2,000years?

from what i've seen in my life time, most human are not ready for anything outside of their safe normal.

it's too bad, imo, because there is a very wonderful world we share with other species of life.

does anyone have an idea of how to communicate with the scarycat humans?

<< 1  2   >>

join