It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can the world handle disclosure?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Belcastro

The world CAN accpet disclosure, and has always been able to.

Provided that disclosure does not include Humanity and our planet being harmed, ravaged or otherwise embattled by a hostile ET species or two, there is absolutely no reason to think that the average person would not welcome such a disclosure.

Some of course won't like it...mostly the energy corporations, government and other controllers, but also many right-wing, hard-line religious wingnuts will hate the idea of anything that threatens to dilute the effectiveness of their lifelong conditioning of 'members'.

Other than those, most would absolutely love disclosure.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MysterX

Well people will always cite the "War of the Worlds" panic in pre-war America as a reason why disclosure would be a dangerous things to do. We have to remember people thought an invasion was taking place. However when they were discussing Martian canals in the late 19th century no one really seemed too bothered by it all. I am not religious but I think most people of faith can handle the truth we are not alone and adapt their beliefs to encompass the news.

There could be problems if an aggressive species threatened to take our natural resources but chances are the first sign of disclosure (if there is anything to disclose) will be an alien microbe or a distant intelligent signal has been found. People will just get on with their lives if that happens.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
There's no such thing as an alien or a UFO, there just demons.

here's actual nightvision footage of a real alien....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:53 AM
link   
We would be maximum blind to think we are alone in this grand universe, period. As we have no clue whatsoever as the very start of the time scale, and where we are in it this could be way into trillions of billions of years, therefore advanced races are more probable than not by a wide margin. TPTB are without doubt clearly aware of ET and never tell the peons anything close to the truth as they see it in their best interest on many levels. No where in the bible does it claim earth is alone in the spectrum of life and quite frankly leans to more Earths in various ways, (heaven). You will have faith and extreme religous freakouts and some give mindless humans too much credit for individual and open thinking on the critical issues and some will just lose grip and act negatively. Some are ready and some are not even close but it will be interesting. There are superior and advanced races out there and they have been here long before you may think. How many times has life on earth been recycled? and how was it reseeded? Earth will see ET and maybe soon, but the key element in this is time, where are we on the grand clock and no one on earth has even a fraction of a particle of a hint of a clue....

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   

My question is that do you think that the world is ready for disclosure of extraterrestrials?
many people say that it would shake people's belief systems. and that it would bring an end to our various religions.

I can assume that there are many people who couldnt accept alien life.
there are people who deny the possibility of off-world intelligence.

I really don't see people of faith in any major effort to deny the possibility of intelligent life 'out there' nor can I imagine any such fear of a loss of that faith should such arrive in our midst. Faith sustains itself not based on what we see and hear and feel in the physical realm of this existence. It is based on the very definition of the word 'faith' that lends to belief on a separate level... quite often beyond any physical 'proofs'. As such, if ET landed and said these beliefs were wrong... I doubt that it would have as much effect as some suspect.

Some people would say its one of satan's deceptions.

There are conspiracy theories out there that aliens are demons, or they are fallen angels.

Such would fit fairly well into most basic Christian doctrine.
Of course, while many rebel against the concept of deity/angels/demons etc. it is the words that tend to stoke these little fires. The concept of angels and demons is ancient, dating to a time when mankind had no concept of the universe as we think we know it today. Yesterdays angels would indeed be today's ET. The real question... and one we rarely address is exactly how we, the human race, fits into the equation.

what about you? would alien life forms shatter your belief system?

Not at all. In fact, I tend to the concept that they've been with us all along.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

mirageman
reply to post by MysterX

Well people will always cite the "War of the Worlds" panic in pre-war America as a reason why disclosure would be a dangerous things to do. We have to remember people thought an invasion was taking place. However when they were discussing Martian canals in the late 19th century no one really seemed too bothered by it all. I am not religious but I think most people of faith can handle the truth we are not alone and adapt their beliefs to encompass the news.

There could be problems if an aggressive species threatened to take our natural resources but chances are the first sign of disclosure (if there is anything to disclose) will be an alien microbe or a distant intelligent signal has been found. People will just get on with their lives if that happens.

Funnily enough, in another thread i have just posted my take on the infamous 1930's 'welles' radio broadcast and why i think it was always a move to deliberately frighten people into rash actions or panic, so as to always refer back to that panic when persuading secret keepers to keep disclosure off the table.

But let's be realistic, we know far more about space and what whizzes about in it today than we ever did back in the late 1930's.

We now know, that asteroids and comets contain pretty much all the mineral and chemical resources any ET species could want, there for the easy taking for a technologically advanced space faring species.

Vast armadas a la hollywood alien invasion movies wouldn't, IMO, happen. There's no reason for it, especially resource based reasons.

The only reason i could see for a negative ET intervention with our species would be if we were overtly hostile to them, or threatened them in some way...they would see us as a threat to themselves and may then act against us.

But not in huge motherships, containing 1000's of fighter craft...i reckon they would use either genetic engineering or nanotech against us.

An enemy that you cannot see, as it nano - bio-technology would probably be the most effective way to destroy a specific species while leaving all others and the biosphere intact.

No motherships required.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   

The People can, the corporations and governments of the world cannot!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

I'm with this. I believe the Vatican (this year?) has already made statements to the fact that if we encounter life in places other than earth, it's just God doing his thing somewhere else. People who are religious believe in miracles and the impossible, believing that Aliens are just another one of God's creatures would be much less of a stretch then turning water into wine or waking from the dead IMO.

I'm sure if we all became aware of life beyond our Rock, we'd all assimilate the info into our narrow focus of the world and move on. There would be lots of Alien Merchandise...like shirts and bumper stickers "My other car is a Mothership from Proxima Centauri", there would be a new religion or two that worshiped the ideology of the beings (or the beings themselves) and the world would kind of stop for a couple of weeks, but we'd absorb it and move on.

Never underestimate the power of how narrow and single minded people are, profound things happen all of the time and most people just keep the blinders on and keep moving.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Bassago
My question is not if they are there or if we can handle disclosure. I believe we can.

I'm more worried about what if the come to earth and show themselves and are part of a religious intergalactic missionary force.

Think space-faring religious inquisition.

I'd note that insanity is part of the natural developmental path of all 'intelligent' life

Few would evolve out if it and some like ours wallow in it. If aliens show up - 97.3% chance that they force us to convert to their religion.

KPB

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

That's interesting. I think most people would assume any species advanced enough to reach the Earth would have no religion, seeing as humanity becoming less religious and we become more technologically advanced.

What type of religion do you think Aliens would have? tech based cults? I already think that's begun on Earth...people basically praying to their smart devices and seeing it as the oracle of all knowledge. It's not unthinkable to think that when the AI singularity comes that it will be listened to and "worshiped" in a religious type way...not as a god, but as an Oracle.

As long as they aren't Necromongers I'm cool....Convert or Fall Forever are both bad options

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
The world needs clean technology, clean oceans and abundance, not scaristy, no corporations making money off of plundering the earth, in fact there is no need for money, just distribution of land and resources and technology, and restoration of health and the world's integrity. With the skills that are currently used, and educations being expanded, and hours reduced to those who wish to contribute to advanced world, in small portions, ie. a few hours a day a few days a week, there are many solutions.

So I guess who shows up is the question? Because they're not all on the same page about humans evolving or humans enslaved.

But yes we need disclosure ASAP!
edit on 31-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Belcastro
My question is that do you think that the world is ready for disclosure of extraterrestrials?

Most people are. The ones that aren't ... the uber-religiously indoctrinated. I'd bet that even if disclosure happened, they'd be in denial and claim it was a demonic hoax. I'd really love for disclosure to happen because there are a couple of christian fundamentalists that i had a discussion about aliens with and they thought I was an idiot and evil because I recognize the Drake Equation mathematically proves aliens probably exist. They chose their ancient fictional scripts over science. And I'd love to see the looks on their faces when proven wrong. bwahahahaaaaa ... Okay, so I'm evil in my intentions ... I admit it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Disclosure should be reserved for those intellectually capable of handling it, and for those who would be respectful enough to be a part of the larger galactic community without being a destructive force. There are to many people on this planet with a propensity for violence and those people should be excluded from the larger community simply because that those of us who would be capable of being a part of the larger community don't have to be embarrassed by our violent out of control brethren. I would imagine that all the species in the larger galactic community would prefer to keep their own embarrassing unevolved members of their own species out of the loop for the same reason. Which is why something like the prime directive would be an equally shared philosophy by all species in the larger community.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a

BelcastroPersonally if it were true that there was an alien race capable of traversing the universe,
I would be more interested in THEIR belief systems instead of anything earthly.

Technological brilliance is not a measure of spiritual development. Someone once made the point that these aliens are lacking in emotional development and this lack hardly qualifies them to be our spiritual guides. In fact, it may turn out that we are more spiritually developed than them. These beings seem to have married technology to psychic power to create something that looks almost magic. But magic is the dark image of true spirituality. If they are magicians they might be dangerous.

As for disclosure - I don't see why the religions of the world would collapse by disclosure. Why? But spiritual reality is at the very heart of the ufo phenomenon. If they disclose themselves or if the government discloses their presence, mark my words, television and the media will be ablaze with debates and discussions. Theologians, philosophers, bishops, scientists, humanists, atheists and all manner of intellectuals will be all over the media - not to mention Facebook and these aliens will be walking on eggshells. One false move or false word and they could destroy whatever diplomacy they have managed to build. It will be tense. And besides, they will have to answer some awkward questions such as "Why did you abduct, terrorize and rape so many people the world over?" At the moment they are playing good cop, bad cop; they keep saying they are the good guys and those other aliens are bad and unscrupulous. So we have 'good' aliens and bad aliens. I am afraid these aliens have already burned their bridges as far as credibility is concerned. They will never reveal themselves unless their hand is forced.
edit on 31-10-2013 by EnPassant because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
ETs don't work with ego based people ,they work grass roots from the bottom up, waking people up. Take me to your leader, well maybe dracos go that route. But real ETs work with the people and the people were given the upgraded tech, not the elites. That was just a test, they failed it and harmed the living library with their dark plans.

Its the people that need disclosure, not an elite private group of asshats who think they're all that. ETs aren't coming to wake them up. They're just people who need more lessons before they can pass grade 1.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Nowyouseeme
reply to post by KellyPrettyBear

That's interesting. I think most people would assume any species advanced enough to reach the Earth would have no religion, seeing as humanity becoming less religious and we become more technologically advanced.

What type of religion do you think Aliens would have? tech based cults? I already think that's begun on Earth...people basically praying to their smart devices and seeing it as the oracle of all knowledge. It's not unthinkable to think that when the AI singularity comes that it will be listened to and "worshiped" in a religious type way...not as a god, but as an Oracle.

As long as they aren't Necromongers I'm cool....Convert or Fall Forever are both bad options

I think that necromongers in a manner of speaking are quite common.

String theory is more religion than science.

Atheism is a temporary phase.

KPB

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Actually about religion, as opposed to spiritual, and this is not against Christ's message, which taken rightly wasn't about forming a religion and is the best there is for the real message. Even Ra, retaliated against a town that didn't listen to him in things I read. And retalation or body suit reactions, judgments, are all the beast, lower primitive mind.

So that aside, not talking about positive spiritual practices or meditation and growth of psi and spirit, or faith in Good above.

But if any ET arrives bearing a religion, they are renegades. I know that.
edit on 31-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Humans adapt.

It's what we are good at, it's helped us survive great calamities & what has kept us going as a species so far...

It's also led to this great apathy & acceptance of corrupt systems that are now in place...

Can we handle disclosure?

I'd say yes. It will be shocking at first & lead to change but we'll adapt so much so our children & children's children won't even bat an eyelid.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Aw but the AirForce did admit the UFO
phenonmena as real. This 1956 documentary drama
pretty much lays it all out.
Correct me if I'm wrong but this is the AirForce admitting UFO's
as the real deal.
Here's the link since it never works when I post on my iPad
www.youtube.com...

edit on 31-10-2013 by sealing because: Link

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Disclosure isnt that bad and I would rather live in reality land than disney land. I am sick and tired of the lies. I have heard just about everything you can imagine and then some more on top of that. Anyone that cant handle the truth can commit suicide.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join