It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Message Of Christ

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Some animals eat their young too, but I wouldn't label that as a natural human behavior that should go unpunished either.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

How does homosexuality even compare to eating your young? Also, yes, humans do that. Just not "civilized" humans. Humans who pretend to be superior in that they have invented more covert means of competetive survival. Just because we wear a mask doesn't mean we're not still animals. We have the audacity to fight it, then the shame to hide it. But we haven't eliminated it. There is nothing wrong with being animals.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   

What I'm saying is that neither is natural for humans and both have physical and emotional repercussions. I don't believe that animals have souls like humans have nor do animals have the ability to think and analyze the way humans do. We have abilities above animals for a reason. We were created in God's image, not animals.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

sk0rpi0n
@ ToneDeaf ...... Whoops. Jesus did not write Galatians.

Jesus didnt write anything.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   

AfterInfinity
reply to post by Deetermined

How does homosexuality even compare to eating your young? Also, yes, humans do that. Just not "civilized" humans. Humans who pretend to be superior in that they have invented more covert means of competetive survival. Just because we wear a mask doesn't mean we're not still animals. We have the audacity to fight it, then the shame to hide it. But we haven't eliminated it. There is nothing wrong with being animals.

Are any of us truly civilized? As long as mankind has emotions and desires and needs then I doubt we ever will be.
I find it remarkable that we are at our "peak" of achievement, yet we treat the animals that we eat with pure barbarism.
We demonize our enemies so that we can self justify our barbarism to our fellow man.

Not much has changed since the birth of "civilization", except the methods with which we abuse others and the world around us.
edit on 201311America/Chicago11pm11pmSat, 02 Nov 2013 18:29:43 -05001113 by OneManArmy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Exactly. We are still animals, yet we somehow expect ourselves to transcend that and become something unearthly. How very unrealistic. And even if it were possible, I doubt this would be the way.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Marriage and sex as people know it has almost nothing to do with what it is in the bible, except that it's an exoteric representation of what's supposed to be going on inside.

There's a Jesus in all of us, hopefully the bridegroom is only having sex with the bride...male and female aspects, hence why Jesus explained that marriage is between a man and woman just not physical men and women.

Marriage as is, is a tradition of men lol. Gay, straight, lesbian, whatever you are can partake in the inner marriage, simple as that I believe.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

So why is it you feel the need to judge others for their perceptions and interpretation and then turn around and tell them not to judge when your interpretation may clearly be different than theirs?

Feeling insecure? Like you're going to be judged?

Why, again, did you post this topic?

The Bible's a potential story of creation, and if you've read it (which I really get the distinct feeling you haven't) - if you have read it - you'd understand the great majority of the book is about dominational tactics, domination through warfare, the creation of classes and professions, the spreading of disease and pestulance, and the combating of this through medicinal practices.

It establishes a society. And God's - at least for the Old Testament - is similar to what we would refer to as 'Swarm technology' in the advanced research for robotics area - something Michael Crichton wrote about in the book 'Prey'.

Now let me ask you this. Where, in your interpretation, do you find God's love _at_all_ in the Old Testament? I am curious. He often comes across as a spoiled child issuing commands through a computer program or as a computer program, and not some respectable deity who you'd want to follow in their footsteps because of the tantrums and subsequent death and destruction should you not abide by his commands. Reminded me of Battlestar Galactica at times. "By your command"

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
LOVE

Love your God
Love your Mother
Love your Father
Love Your Spouse
Love your Children
Love your Brothers & Sisters
Love your Neighbor
Love your Mailman
Love Your Doctor
Love your Dentist
Love your Taxman
Love your President
Love your Enemy
Love your Enemies President

Love yourself

George Harrison - Love Comes To Everyone
www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOrTNBKUisw
www.youtube.com...

Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4_4abCWw-w
www.youtube.com...

Make it hard for Evil to be Evil....

edit on 3-11-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   

universalbri
reply to post by Ralphy

So why is it you feel the need to judge others for their perceptions and interpretation and then turn around and tell them not to judge when your interpretation may clearly be different than theirs?

Feeling insecure? Like you're going to be judged?

Why, again, did you post this topic?

The Bible's a potential story of creation, and if you've read it (which I really get the distinct feeling you haven't) - if you have read it - you'd understand the great majority of the book is about dominational tactics, domination through warfare, the creation of classes and professions, the spreading of disease and pestulance, and the combating of this through medicinal practices.

It establishes a society. And God's - at least for the Old Testament - is similar to what we would refer to as 'Swarm technology' in the advanced research for robotics area - something Michael Crichton wrote about in the book 'Prey'.

Now let me ask you this. Where, in your interpretation, do you find God's love _at_all_ in the Old Testament? I am curious. He often comes across as a spoiled child issuing commands through a computer program or as a computer program, and not some respectable deity who you'd want to follow in their footsteps because of the tantrums and subsequent death and destruction should you not abide by his commands. Reminded me of Battlestar Galactica at times. "By your command"

My intent for the topic was if someone is going to preach God's(love) message, then preach it by doing it. People are more inclined to listen to someone who has done something kind for them.

It doesn't require a judgement to see that many people who call themselves Christians are more busy preaching by mouth rather than befriending someone. Its an objective statement.

I'm not a bible expert but it does seem like the old testament god is much different than the one in the new. It could be an analogy to our animal type nature when we are young or old if we never learn to transcend it. The new testament seems to be more overcoming our natural impulses and implement a concept of love.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
How on earth, and in heaven above, did the thread "The True Message Of Christ" end up devolving into a debate about the homosexual issue?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Because apparently, Jesus agrees that homosexuals will burn in hell. Let's not ignore that part of his "true message".
edit on 3-11-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
the message to me is that you should not worry about material things but see there is a higher purpose which expects you to be good and not worry about what you gather in this life but how you will be looked at after death.

magic eh.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I agree with o.p, the biggest issue I have with the bible (more of a problem actually) is that it is so cryptic. It Realy requires decoding. I really don't understand anything it is trying to convey. I'm sure I'm not alone. I believe many people over many centuries have translated to either what they believe it is saying or want it to say to fit their own wishes. How does such a important piece of work have so many rewrites. God "writes" the book and man rewrite and makes different versions??
Please don't take what I'm saying as blasphemy, very much the opposite. Being such an important book of life, living and afterlife-really require a clear and concise understanding...is this just me?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Because apparently, Jesus agrees that homosexuals will burn in hell. Let's not ignore that part of his "true message".

Where'd ya get that from? As far as I know he didn't say anything about it, not that's it's relevant to this discussion.

Question: Why would that please you in a "f u" manner?

There's a serious misunderstanding here on your part and that of someone else in regards to the true nature of the love of God in Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Have a gander.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

That he made a reference to marriage doesn't mean that he's speaking to the issue of homosexuality.

What a sad and pathetic thing that a thread about the true message of Jesus Christ has taken such a turn. I'm not sure that would make him happy..

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The part where he says "Have you not read..." alludes to the OT. Could he have been referring to past scripture regarding homosexuality?

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I don't care. It doesn't interest me, only his love does.

Whowever raised this, in this thread, ought to be ashamed of themselves.

edit on 3-11-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Revelation 3:19
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

Maybe your definition of love differs from that of God.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join