It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True Message Of Christ

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

There is nothing worse than a serious Christian, imho. They are the ones to watch out for, because that wasn't Jesus' style. You will know them by their fruits - are they happy, joyful, loving? Or do they simply want to strike you down with the scripture by proving you wrong and themselves, right? Woe to the spiritually dry Christian - stop preaching until you have something to offer from your heart of hearts other than "believe or go to hell". It's not helpful to the cause of Jesus Christ that you who are dead wish to raise people from the dead, it just doesn't work.

Are you aware how late the hour is and how serious the times are? Has the Holy Spirit Alerted you to such?

Do you believe in hell and damnation? Or are these simply 'foreign' concepts to you with the matter of sin that you placed in inverted commas most oddly. Was our KING of the KINGDOM COME lying on these matters? You express so much in delivery that makes you appear so 'easy going', yet you do not appear to know the Word to apply it without gross distortion, speaking to the worlds approval and not on behalf of upholding the faith in Spirit without a gross distortion. If you expressed profound Truth, you would be offending people here for all the RIGHT reasons as opposed to turning your efforts upon those aiming to steer others away from falsity by their labor.

Your words quoted felt like a misplaced reference to myself. If so, you are just another who has judged me in false manner of reasoning, just as much if not moreso than the unfaithful, and it saddens my heart that so many are blind to see why the steering is so necessary and urgent at this time especially. I will absolutely not pull punches on such serious issues pertaining to this WAR upon souls and Salvation, especially when scripture is grossly twisted in reply to what I am upholding Biblically that spread a false Gospel to those that genuinely are curious as to the faith and how it can Save them by Grace.

One could be all 'light' in delivery here and then others will go on to judge the messenger as immature and uneducated. It is a double edged sword wherein ways of expressing 'lightheartedness' and 'humor' often become misconstrued by false judgement in turn, especially within the online platform. I have been there before and learned my lessons. In essence to my character, I do not mince words and nor does the Holy Spirit when it comes to correction and Instruction. The road on the narrow path is also one of burden and longsuffering, though you seem to have neglected that in your speech.

If one truly knew Him and His Message of Instructions accompanying, one would recognize my intention clearly, even with a seriousness and would be providing support of further upholding as a brethren fellow lover of the Inspired Word, in a loving enough to care for the fate of souls in snaring. You have brought the opposite forth to 'comfort' the worldly bearing minds with several unscriptural errors-scripture you appear not to adhere to.

No surprises by this sadly. Jesus, for all his service too was rejected by his own people, including disciples and expresses much about the human nature so predictable in sin with all it's ignorance with much hypocrisy- with the blind so often addressing the blind. Some are more guilty of that than others here on their own platform aside from Truth.
edit on 2-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

If your gonna preach, why not preach love. How do you preach love? By doing it, not speaking about it. If loving your neighbor is helping them out, then help out your neighbor and you will be spreading the word or the message of Christ.

Jesus said that the first and most important commandment was to love God with all your heart, soul and mind. Loving others came SECOND. Once you learn who God is and put him first, the rest falls into place naturally.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Woe to the spiritually dry Christian - stop preaching until you have something to offer from your heart of hearts other than "believe or go to hell". It's not helpful to the cause of Jesus Christ that you who are dead wish to raise people from the dead, it just doesn't work.

AMEN to that!!

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I love several homosexual people, (please don't take that the wrong way.... lol), although I do not condone nor love their sinful behavior,

I love several homeless, drug addicted people who live near me, I routinely give them alms, say prayers with them and give them advice and any help I am able to, but I do not condone nor love their addictions or sinful behavior,

I once was a drug addicted homeless person myself, and God loved me still, although he did not love nor condone my addiction or sinful behavior,

I love you though I do not know you, and I do not agree with your personal beliefs or doctrines regarding Faith, God, the Bible and Church, but the most I can do to "try to change" that is to give you a positive example, respond to you with kindnesss, compassion, love and Wise Words, which is the best I can do to Imitate Christ Jesus my Lord and my God, whom I try and imitate everywhere, always,

The fourth chapter of St. John's first Epistle is an entire chapter of Holy Scripture written on the Love of God, some excerpts from it include;

Knowing God Through Love

7 Beloved, let us love one another, for love is of God; and everyone who loves is born of God and knows God. 8 He who does not love does not know God, for God is love. 9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. 11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.

Seeing God Through Love

12 No one has seen God at any time. If we love one another, God abides in us, and His love has been perfected in us. 13 By this we know that we abide in Him, and He in us, because He has given us of His Spirit. 14 And we have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son as Savior of the world. 15 Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16 And we have known and believed the love that God has for us. God is love, and he who abides in love abides in God, and God in him.
The Consummation of Love

17 Love has been perfected among us in this: that we may have boldness in the day of judgment; because as He is, so are we in this world. 18 There is no fear in love; but perfect love casts out fear, because fear involves torment. But he who fears has not been made perfect in love. 19 We love Him because He first loved us.

Thank you and God bless us all,

Grace, Peace and Love from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, unto you and all,

Amen

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Do you believe being homosexual is a sin? If so, you do not truly love everyone as yourself. Saying you love them then telling them they need to change who they are is not true love, because you don't love them for who they are.

I believe lying and stealing is a sin. If my daughter lies or steals and I ask her to change her behavior, it does NOT mean I DON'T LOVE HER. Asking people to stop sinning doesn't mean we don't love who they are as a person. A person's sexual preference does NOT determine WHO they are as a PERSON. It does not prohibit their ability to love others who are not like them and vice versa. I think it's sad if LGBT's identify their sexual preference as WHO THEY ARE as a person and nothing else. Sex is an act, not a person.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

17 But you, dear friends, keep in mind the words spoken in advance by the emissaries of our Lord Yeshua the Messiah. 18 They told you, “During the end times there will be scoffers following their own godless passions.” 19 These are the people who cause divisions. They are controlled by their impulses, because they don’t have the Spirit.

Acts 5:29
29 Then Peter and the other apostles answered and said, We ought to obey God rather than men.

3 John 1:9-10
9 I wrote something to the congregation; but Diotrephes, who likes to be the macher among them, doesn’t recognize our authority. 10 So if I come, I will bring up everything he is doing, including his spiteful and groundless gossip about us. And as if that weren’t enough for him, he refuses to recognize the brothers’ authority either; moreover, he stops those who want to do so and tries to drive them out of the congregation!

2 Timothy 3:16
16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

"Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division." Luke 12:51
Every striving follower of Christ needs to be aware of the DIVISION that is coming, especially for these latter times, Testified by Christ's own True Message.
www.scriptureinsights.com...

edit on 2-11-2013 by PrimeLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

I can definitely get behind this thought process, the only thing is them being homosexual is a very big part of their identity as a person. It is something they know about themselves, something that sets them apart from other people.

To tell them to ignore their feelings and to put a brick wall up is to tell them to cut off part of their identity, it is to tell them to ignore their right to love another person. An expression of that love is to have sex, so to tell them to not have sex is to limit their ability to love in the way they want to.

Do you want to limit love? Do you want to limit God, who is love? I don't think that's fair personally.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Ralphy
It is quite common on ATS and in the world that people find the need to spread their interpreted message of the bible. The problem with this is that people get caught up in their own egos to know what the true message is. It is all too common that people who identify as "christians" put themselves on a throne to worship usually by judging others to trump up the image of the self.

The true message Christ taught was love, he didn't teach the concept of trying to out wit your neighbor to believe your ideology. He didn't teach to condemn everyone you see. Those who behave like that are have an identity problem. They see themselves as a god and the fruit they produce, arrogance, bears witness to that truth.

If your gonna preach, why not preach love. How do you preach love? By doing it, not speaking about it. If loving your neighbor is helping them out, then help out your neighbor and you will be spreading the word or the message of Christ.

Judging others is a human trait, not a Christian trait ! The rest I agree with.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   

The problem is associating sex with love. Sex is a way to express love, but it doesn't limit one's ability to love or limit the depth of that love. We all can identify with sexual frustration at some time or another and I'm sure we've all jokingly told ourselves that we would rather die or could die without it, but it's not going to happen. Some people are just better with self control than others, regardless of what type of sin it is and some people are just hammered their entire lives with trying to overcome their weaknesses and desires. The closer we get to God, the easier it gets.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

How would you feel if someone told you to never have sex? What if they told you having sex was a gateway to hell? How would you feel knowing that you could never express the love you have for your partner in the way you want?

Put yourself in their shoes, when you do that then you will see just how unfair it is. To limit how love can be expressed is to limit love, and therefore God.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   

How would you feel if someone told you to never have sex? What if they told you having sex was a gateway to hell? How would you feel knowing that you could never express the love you have for your partner in the way you want?

Put yourself in their shoes, when you do that then you will see just how unfair it is. To limit how love can be expressed is to limit love, and therefore God.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I think many Christians overlook the concept of grace and forgiveness. When a person believes that the law is more important than God(love) than that person is going to live a miserable life.

Some of the greatest and most powerful stories in the bible are when Jesus encouraged forgiveness rather than justice. Multiple times Jesus said do not judge others in various ways. I believe in 1 John it says that those who do not love do not know God.

The pharisees were hell bent on following the law but it was Jesus who rebuked them for that kind of thinking.
edit on 2-11-2013 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

When was life ever fair? I didn't make the rules. Some people suffer from more hardships than others in life. Different people have different hardships. Is it fair that certain handicapped people aren't able to have sex and have normal physical relationships either? Regardless of what we've been dealt in life, it all gets easier to deal with the closer we are to God.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Life should always fair, fairness equals balance and the universe is the ultimate balancing act.

Limiting someone's right to express their love the way they want to is limiting love itself to a set of parameters. Now tell me, if God is love, why would he want to limit himself? Why would he set parameters on himself?

Telling someone they don't have the right to love another person the way they want to is not fair nor is it love and life should always be fair, even if sometimes it isn't based on human regulations. This is the reason everything is going to hell here, we have put nature out of balance. Hate and bigotry are the root cause of this imbalance, and homophobia is a facet of this imbalance.
edit on 2-11-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Telling someone they don't have the right to love another person the way they want to is not fair...

Try telling that to the husband/wife who's spouse committed adultery.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

edit on 2-11-2013 by Deetermined because: accidental duplicate.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

What? Now you're comparing love with lust? Love and lust are not the same thing. If a person truly loves someone, they would not commit adultery in the first place.

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Maybe you're not aware of the fact that the Bible considers homosexual sex as lust and not love to begin with. Technically, we can probably consider all sex as lust, some of us just happen to lust after the ones we love in order for pro-creation to take place.

edit on 2-11-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I am aware of that, it's universally known that the bible discriminates against gay people.

So you believe that sex is a sin? How and why? Sex made in the name of love is not a sin is it? So two guys having sex because they love each other does not make it a sin. Lust is not the same as love, sex is not the same as making love.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join