It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walking Through The Fire

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I got rid of most of my stuff about 3 years ago. Now I live in just 1 bedroom that I don't own. If I had lots of money I'd maybe consider buying a small house. But I also know that would just be a huge burden. Where as where I am now feels very much the same as a hotel. It's so easy, I don't have to deal with anything which is nice. Also I've been just going threw all my stuff. Getting rid of all the old crap that I've carried with me. Just a mix of everything. Just clean clean clean up everything and anything. The truth is the less you have, the less you have to worry about. Although I'm content with this, and I'm fine with it for now, I think at some point I'd like to get back to a healthy balance. That would include owning a home of my own again. But I don't want to take on that kind of financial burden unless I had a lot of extra money and a strong income which I have neither of right now. But it's really been a nice change to actually downsize to the point where you just living a very very simple life. It's a lot less worry and stress. I just want to get rid of everything. I don't want anything anymore that I don't absolutely need or use regularly. so ya I hear you, these kind of changes actually snap you out of the ego phase of life and get you thinking clearly and practically. I hope things work out for you in whatever situation you're going threw.
edit on 31-10-2013 by spartacus699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
No offense OP but without some frame of reference I have no idea what you are talking about.
In what way are you walking through fire?
Fire as a metaphor purifies as you say, reducing things to it's constituent elements.
What have you managed to rid yourself of or what is left that you find satisfying?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Onequestion, did you feel offended by my post?
edit on 31-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

What is your end goal by "walking through the fire"? Can others support you in this endeavor if they are willing, and if so, how?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

You said, "I am walking through the fire right now."
Well, you have failed.
You said, "When you first step into the fire you will be abandoning all material possessions."
Obviously you posses whatever it is you are using to post with.
In all reality, you never even started your walk. Pitiful.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Be strong OP. There are many more of us than you know.

Second Line.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Not really.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by QuietSpeech

You have to do it alone.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Atlantican

That's the easy part for me. Resisting sexual temptations is where it gets difficult..

What you resist persists. Why not get it out of you. Explore the shadow.
You won't be white or black after the fire. You'll be grey.

Allowing is all there is.

The shadow is what most have been taught of as Evil, stay away and the crap that goes with it. Yet knowing that it is a part of you anyway, might as well learn what it has to offer.

Crazy as it may seem. It is better then using Pills, drugs, wine, you know to hide from yourself. Did it work? No! You will have to deal with it someday, might as well start now.

Loved how you kept it simple!

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I havent gotten that far yet.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by QuietSpeech

You have to do it alone.

Who told you that? Knowing we all have Voices in our heads, you can Never be alone! Now if you want to do it alone, one must deal with themselves first.

Really that is all it takes. Be ready to find things about yourself you never even considered put aside for one reason or another. Yet never really dealing with the issue, issues in the first place. Sometimes that Fire you say can be Cold, walking means taking a look at whats inside no matter how bad it is.

One of the hardest parts is the people you know. They will tell you something like; I liked you better Before you changed or why can't you just be you again. And when they stop calling, coming over you feel a losing of people in your life. Most stop and go back to the way it was, it's easier!

Being alone by yourself and actually Love it sometimes is hard! Walking that path leads to knowing yourself and nothing more. Since really now, do you really know anyone? For that to happen you would have to be in their head, at their side, all the time!

Might as well learn to know Yourself! And remember, You can Never be alone period! Now walking The Path alone is something different, since first you have to find yourself. Most of the time its getting rid of useless thought that hinder your progress.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I havent gotten that far yet.

Shame, seemed like an interesting subject.
Sorry you didn't feel like talking about it.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 09:15 PM
link   

It was a culmination or combination?
Edited in:
I ask because if your life and choices have culminated to deliver you to your walk through the fire, then I wonder if that means your life and choices after the walk will be less than the culmination point.

edit on 31-10-2013 by 1Learner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Learner

Hmm, your first question is a tough question. Its hard to differentiate between the two.

But im not sure what you mean, can you detail further?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

onequestion
reply to post by infoseeker26754

It was a culmination of life and a choice. I want to walk through the fire.

I didn't understand why you picked the word culmination...what idea were you intending to convey?
I thought you had gotten the word "culmination" mixed up with the word combination.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Fire burns all in it's path leaving everything in it's wake nothing more than ashes and ruin.
Flames burnt them leaving nothing but charred corpses.
These charred and grilled corpse only knows pain and suffering forever waiting for someone to somehow switch off the pain.
They cant scream they cant see they cant hear all that they ever were.
Their families look upon them disgusted and disgraced.
Not being able to stand their reflection they weep and moan forever alone.
Dug so far deep into their brains, shattering the world of pain, looking for shelter to protect them from the acidic rain that chews through the metal and flesh creating only more pain.
The shattered glass cutting their feet no matter where they walk, run or try to hide.
Their only solution is to stay in the fire.
Knowing only what could've been or what they once were.
Just a memory of themselves nothing more and nothing less they now know the fire of which they continue to repress.
To express this they caress the idea they're still the same, telling themselves they're not insane hoping for something other than this burning pain they can't explain.
Their brain still playing it's little games, whispering in new thoughts and ideas whatever it takes, they pay blindly all they want is to walk away from this burning pain continuing to blind their brain.
They just cant leave by running away or continuing to face the pain.
Their fire just contributes to yet another burning pyre, so come now and restart this fire.

Sort of got carried away in my mind.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

onequestion
Walking through the fire is a process of spiritual transmutation.

"The fire seperates the garbage from the gold" - Alex Jones

I dont know if he coined that phrase but thats where i heard it first. This is not a path for the faint of heart or people who dont poses strong spiritual faith and practice. When you first step into the fire you will be abandoning all material possessions. You will abandon yourself, what you believe is yourself. You will experience true fearlessness and faith for the first time in your life. The spiritual fire will test you.

I am walking through the fire right now.

This post brought to mind a song.

T'was Grace that taught my heart to fear.
And Grace, my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.

Through many dangers, toils and snares
I have already come;
'Tis Grace that brought me safe thus far
and Grace will lead me home.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Some seem stuck on the personal possession thing. I think, when walking through fire, it becomes the realization that the material stuff is not what makes you, you. You find yourself willing to get rid of a lot things. You give them to friends, to family, to Goodwill. Obviously, you have to keep a few things just to live. A lot of spiritual truths come through to a person at this point. You realize that you WILL survive without having a ton of crap. It's very liberating. You are busting through a demand from society that you MUST HAVE this stuff. Fancy clothes, makeup, collectables become so fake and so unnecessary. You have a desire to help others. To feed the poor, help a child, help the Earth and so forth. Walking through fire can also take on getting rid of people in your life that don't define you. This can even happen by force. You reach a point in your spiritual being where certain thing HAVE TO happen in order to further growth. Life steps in and creates the chaos in order for you to step back and observe. To make decisions about how to proceed. I commend you on your desire to grow and move forth. It's not an easy thing to do.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   

1Learner

onequestion
reply to post by infoseeker26754

It was a culmination of life and a choice. I want to walk through the fire.

I didn't understand why you picked the word culmination...what idea were you intending to convey?
I thought you had gotten the word "culmination" mixed up with the word combination.

She did,

So far, we are. Seems she has no reasons, no feedback, question with a question. Walk then!

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1Learner

Oh your right it is a mix up. Its more like culmination of life events and combination of choice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join