It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What About A Way to Vote Re Coming Across as Agents of Conspiracy Etc?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I don't know if this is the proper forum. Seemed like the most logical one to me. Feel free to move wherever.

It has sometimes seemed like, on many conspiracy threads and many threads about the O . . .

that

the purported paid Obama cyber warriors are out in force to trash the OP and posters supporting the OP.

Certainly, we ought to give folks the benefit of the doubt . . . however, some posters are sooooo virulent, intense, off the wall, nasty, mean-spirited etc. that there's little other explanation for their role than that they are dyed-in-the-wool TRUE BELIVERS --and probably paid to be so, to boot--TRUE BELIEVERS in the worst Eric Hoffer sense.

Couldn't we have a way to give individuals the benefit of the doubt yet

REGISTER HOW THEIR POSTS ARE COMING ACROSS to the ATS readership?

Something like the stars . . . only with a tabulated running summation . . . folks could vote whether an individual's posts were coming across as INTENSELY agent-like--say 2 points; significantly agent-like--1 point.

Or contrarily for those on the other side--2 points for INTENSELY UN-agent-like and 1 for significantly un-agent-like.

And the software would total the collected points say every 15 min or hour or whatever . . . and readers as well as the guilty or innocent could check to see how their posts were coming across to however many readers.

If it was too cumbersome to do so on every thread . . . perhaps to make it kick-in when a thread in the relative forums reached 5 pages or whatever.

Alternately, perhaps a poll reflecting such issues could be available for all such threads.

e.g.

1. What percentage of naysayers on this thread strike you as agents of the globalist conspiracy?

or

1. What percentage of naysayers on this thread strike you as O's cyber-warrior agents?

and

2. How well do you think the average naysayer is making his/her case on this thread?

and

3. How well do you think those in support of the OP are making their case on this thread?

= = = =

FEEDBACK can have a powerful effect on behavior.

It seems to me it could add a lot toward DENYING IGNORANCE.

However, I'm just tossing the idea out.

I'm sure there are many ways to skin such cats. Perhaps others have better ideas.

edit on 30/10/2013 by BO XIAN because: forgot all caps

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hello my friend!

How about something as simple as noticing that most of them drop of a thread and never come back to address the debate that awaits them from their propaganda drop?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Wow! Toss is out there will you!

Have you not found that it add's more to the flow of things? Yes, some do go off the way so hit them back, play with them and you will find you will either not hear from them again or they get Mad!

Posting on the internet leaves out Face to face personal body lang so one has to learn to find another way learning who is crap and who actually cares. Speaking from the Heart on something does help you on this. Also being able to listen to what one does have to say might work too if it stays on the topic

And some test you, see if your OP is something more then just a thought and not some wild OP you just put up for nothing else to do. Have to keep an open mind, never know if someone comes looking for info and has some of their own to offer you.

Do agree though! Some follow each other around just to trash something; since they do not have anything to do either. How I see it anyway. Too much dis-info leads to knowing you might just have something worth sharing.

Remember that and you will get to love it more. Now if you find some SUV's following you, best to watch your back and tone it down some. Just might use you for the dis-info!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

I kinda like this idea. Maybe if they are determined to be a paid agent of evil we could force an avatar change on them as well. Something like this:

Really. I'm serious.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hello my friend!

How about something as simple as noticing that most of them drop of a thread and never come back to address the debate that awaits them from their propaganda drop?

So True! Funny how they never get back to you really. Some get so bent out of shape going off topic on their OP they fail to play along.

Same as day to day dealings with people, only here you have to learn to read between the lines.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by BO XIAN

I kinda like this idea. Maybe if they are determined to be a paid agent of evil we could force an avatar change on them as well. Something like this:

Really. I'm serious.

Surely you have a Special Avatar for them then that! Seems toon-ie, was you being nice?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

seeker1963
reply to post by BO XIAN

Hello my friend!

That's an interesting issue. I wonder what the stats would be on those who spew then leave vs those who chronically relentlessly spew, harangue etc.

Would be tricky to develop criteria for doing some stats on that. LOL.

Thx for your kind reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by infoseeker26754

Worthy points.

I'm not really referring to those who seem to be idle poo flingers.

I'm talking about the truly dyed-in-the-wool TRUE BELIEVERS who seem to grab opponents by the throat and try to beat their perspective into their victims via their keyboards.

I realize that some are likely merely intense RELIGIONISTS supporting their -ism. But a percentage seem to have an added motivation . . . fostering a higher level of relentlessness. Being paid agents would explain that.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

LOL.

Sock-puppets, indeed. However that one is far too nice looking. LOL.

Too often, the sock-puppet seems to be dressed in cacti spines.

And, I really wouldn't want to change avatars even for self confessed agents of evil . . . their avatars tend to advertise them and their values quite well enough. LOL.

Thx for your kind reply.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
No need for stars or polls, just take a look at the time they clock on in the morning, and off in the evening.

They're killing ats, but thats their job I suppose.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

VoidHawk
No need for stars or polls, just take a look at the time they clock on in the morning, and off in the evening.

They're killing ats, but thats their job I suppose.

DOODNESS.

Are you saying their hours are fairly persistently consistent??? At least until these posts? LOL.

They certainly add tons to the displeasurable aspects of ATS.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

But I think it would be contributive to

DENYING IGNORANCE

if there were some FITTING way to identify the most likely candidates.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BO XIAN

far too often - I get the impression that anyone who does not agree with a conspiracy throry [ however illogical or lacking in evidence ] gets labelled " paid disinfo agent "

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Thats what they always say!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

In my view:

1. NOT everyone . . . just the more off the wall strident ones

WHEN the evidence is sooooooooo emphatic that the conspiracy left "theory-land" a LONG time ago.

2. NOT every so called conspiracy theory. The basic one of globalism is NOT A THEORY. It's a fact as demonstrated by their own words etc.

twoday.net...

as well as their extensive actions--MUCH ESCALATED under the O.

3. There ARE a lot of inter connections between various conspiracy components. Still . . . some of what's proffered is likely disinformation or just individual silliness.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Most of them don't have avatars, there's your first clue.
Second, there's never a shred of doubt or qualification on their part - everything is black and white.
Once they resort to name calling and straw man arguments you know their back is up to the wall.
At that point grab a stapler and stick them to the wall by their future offspring

In all seriousness you know this can't happen, right?
It would take hundreds of hours of programming to make something like this workable.
If there was any fair way to institute it.
It could be used against members as well.
Some sleeping dogs are best left lying.
You'll know where they've been by the smell in the yard.

edit on 31-10-2013 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

I thought it might be more than a little challenging to manage, alright.

LOL.

But I had to throw it out there and see how it bounced. LOL.

Such globalist stooges seem to get away with sooooo much . . . destructiveness . . . I'd just like to find a fair way to tentatively label probable candidates in terms of the consensus of the community.

I realize now, that

that is not very realistic.

Thx for your kind reply.

new topics

top topics

join