It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Barack Obama's List of Historic Firsts

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

denyego26
And did they forget he is the first African American president??

Lol. He's actually the first African president.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

That link you provided is full of generalizations, opinions, duplicates, or "firsts" that have now been taken by Obama. Going through and removing all the bs, makes it considerably shorter. The following was found by flicking the scrollwheel, copy/pasting, and flicking the scrollwheel again.

For example:

•First President since the Civil War to lose an American city
▬ Where did it go?
•First President thought by many leading historians to be The Worst President Ever™.
▬ Opinion.
•First President in decades to execute a federal prisoner.
▬ First in decades does not make him first.
•The most secretive and un-accountable of any administration in U.S. history.
▬ History and the magic 8 ball says no.
•First U.S. president to establish a secret shadow government.
▬ This honor belongs to somebody much older, however it is opinion.
•only presidential administration in history that has been accused of misdeeds while working in the corporate sector
▬ Again, this honor falls to a presidential predessor.
•first President to turn a record-breaking surplus into a record-breaking deficit—in record-breaking time
▬ Surplus? Really? Where?
•only President who's ever had a major terrorist attack happen on his watch
▬ Except for the OK city bombing, and Boston.....
•only President completely dominated and controlled by his VP
▬ Opinion
•first President accused of engineering a fake terrorist attack against his own people
▬ Oklahoma City Bombing
•first President to choke on man-meat
▬ lolwut?
•First dry drunk in the White House
▬ Opinion
•first President who LITERALLY sucks
▬ Opinion
•President who lived in the longest psychological state of denial in history.
▬ Opinon
•President with the greatest ability to live in the longest psychological state of denial in history
▬ Opinion duplicated to increase the stupidity of this list.
•first Republican President as stupid as most Republicans
▬ No hate speech in this at all. I couldn't tell it was written from somebody who was pushing an agenda.

This is in no way, a defensive post for Bush but when somebody links something blatantly misleading or outright lies, I feel is necessary to say something.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I bet I'm the only anti Obama member on ATS that was hoping this would be a positive thread. I've been reading sooooo many negative things about him everywhere. The fact that he's so horrible for this country and no one is doing anything about it is.... What's the word I'm looking for...depressing? Disheartening? Disillusioning?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by CirqueDeTruth

Thanks god the list isn't as long as this dunderhead's one!

I hate Bush a lot, but I find that list pretty lacking. Here is a few sample of the "firsts" that are attributed to Bush:

first cokehead in the White House
Presided over the worst terror attack in world history
First President thought by many leading historians to be The Worst President Ever™.
Most corrupt administration ever.
First President to invade a country and lose
only president in American history with no discernable brain activity (just kidding, Big Guy!)
First President who may be insane.
First bisexual President who actively hates gays.
First administration to let troops die because of inadequate equipment.
only presidential administration, in the countries history, that has failed to prevent a domestic attack.
only President who's ever had a major terrorist attack happen on his watch
first President a majority of Americans want impeached
first Republican President as stupid as most Republicans
first President who, in comparisons to Hitler, keeps looking almost worse than Hitler

Most of these are unsourced, many aren't really firsts at all, and some are straight up opinions. I actually had to stop reading the list because it was so biased that I would have ended up quoting the majority of it. I'm not saying that I like Bush (I hated his Presidency and blame him for many of our nation's current problems), but maybe next time you post a list like this, make sure it isn't some random list created by some random forum goer on some random liberal forum.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I see posters that will scrutinize a UFO video to no end.
Others that fact check cross check until they find why they
need to prove something is bunk.
Not with Obama though...
Facts ? Meh..

This is a load of BS. Intellhub told us 5 years ago Obama
was intent on making the entire country Muslim and commie.
However that works?

Intelhub, just about every week, has a "Obama's gonna get you"
blog . "Troop build up spotted in US". "Truckers report heavy military equipment
parking outside of your hometown!"
Years of this..think for a minute please. Has it happened? Ever??

Lies, lies, lies, scare, scare, scare, crap, crap, crap.
Don't worry though these worthless rants by this website
never ever get thrown where they deserve to be, in the Hoax bin.
So enjoy the ridiculousness.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   

damwel

You didn't mention how he has reduced the deficit by half. I don't know if he is the first but he's the first since Clinton to cut spending. Think of what he could have done if he hadn't had to end a fake profiteering republican war and had not had to deal with house obstructionists. Go ahead and rant hate speech towards Obama, but he is the best president since Clinton by a long shot.

Not really that hard to do when you are cooking the books;

Debt increases $328B after shutdown agreement

That $328B should really have been included in the numbers for the fiscal year that ended in September, since that's the year it was spent in.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

riffraff

denyego26
And did they forget he is the first African American president??

Lol. He's actually the first African president.

Couldn't agree more.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by denyego26

I think they left that off the list of 1st's because he wouldn't get a full point since he is "halfrican" only half black.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

daryllyn

Metallicus

Aloysius the Gaul

Thanks god the list isn't as long as this dunderhead's one!

No one liked Bush either.

Why did you hijack this thread with you post?

Just curious.

Because any time anyone says they don't agree with/don't prefer Obama, someone HAS to bring up Bush.

It never fails.

Reason being like all Demoncrats and Libtards - They are all parrots, squawking the regurgitated song of the broken media. The media bashes Bush, they instantly follow. Nothing new to add, so they just get stuck saying the same thing.

Luckily, the conservative right are free-thinkers and get to use all kinds of new material to make our points.

Also noted? The irony of my usage of the terms Demoncrats and Libtards which is, too redundant...But oh so accurate and infuriating to the enemy.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Eldensword

I think that might be part of the problem today, thinking of each other, fellow citizens as the enemy. It starkly illustrates the "divide and conquer" psyop perpetrated upon the people.

To everyone, thank you for all your comments from the varying viewpoints. It makes for an exciting read. For those who identify as Democrat (when I took the quiz it states that I'm a Libertarian myself, moderate left leaning. My dot matches up with Ghandhi). But my parents were Republican, and I recognize their teachings in my frame of reference, when I contemplate politics. Anyhow, for those who stand staunchly behind this Administration, is this truly how you justify the allegations in the list of his firsts? I'd like to point out that the source itself is well sourced, with plenty of links to stories corraborating the allegations. Do you justify by simply passing the blame to the opposing party, and absolve the current elected representives of wrong doing? It really is brilliant, and terrifying at the same time isn't it? It sort of keeps us in a state of cognitive dissonance - busy fighting with one another, rather than keeping our eye on government and holding them responsible - despite party affiliation.

CdT

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Isn't he the first president to triple the annual defecit? During the world wars wouldn't count since we were actually in danger then.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join