It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Father Christmas an Alien?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
There are many allusions to father xmas being alike to an alien.
He flies around the sky in a 'magical' chariot. He has 'little people' who are not human helping him. He magically enters the bedrooms of eople while they sleep. He can somehow manipulate time in order to travel the whole world in 1 night. He lives in a secret base at the north pole.

Is this something that needs more re4search into? Maybe the legend of father xmas holds some grain of truth to it?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
It would be cool to find the origin of the story but I don't know if he was real or not. Id like to read about it.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Luuke123
It would be cool to find the origin of the story but I don't know if he was real or not. Id like to read about it.

Here you go...

www.stnicholascenter.org...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:35 PM
link   
If there is any truth to what you are proposing ,then he most likely would have been captured and dissected long ago and the reindeers reverse engineered

as for the DNA collecting tooth fairy,well thats another story

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by OneManArmy

Well that's interesting, but still a story and someon'e opinion.

There are also references about father xmas to flying and the use of a certain mushroom in regard to reindeer.
Iceland has many father xmasses and they are more goblin-like.

There are many undiscovered layers to this than meets the eye.

ETA: Icelandic father xmasses
edit on 30-10-2013 by taoistguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

taoistguy

There are many undiscovered layers to this than meets the eye.

Of course. I think profit may have a hand to play in it too. And copious quantities of imagination.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by taoistguy

Yes he is an alien. His name when used as "Santa Clause" the first name is an anagram of what its intentions are.

To get people hooked on the material world and put the spiritual on the back burner.

His name is actually "Satan Clause" because ole scratch's game has always been the material, and his clause in the contract is if he can trick us he gets the spoils.

Good times!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

LoneGunMan

Yes he is an alien. His name when used as "Santa Clause" the first name is an anagram of what its intentions are.

To get people hooked on the material world and put the spiritual on the back burner.

His name is actually "Satan Clause" because ole scratch's game has always been the material, and his clause in the contract is if he can trick us he gets the spoils.

Good times!

Are you refering to the astronaut who said he saw santa clause in space, as a code word for ufo?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Santa´s origins are in paganism. Here in North we still know that.

Santa was not a nice guy, in Finnish he is called joulupukki ( joulu-yule is a pagan holiday and pukki means a goat) Santa´s origins are in Northern Europe and also has roots to Viking God Odin. These beliefs were mixed together in northern paganism.

in first picture Santa guards throphies which are childrens skulls, second is how Santa punishes kids who are naughty

Nuuttipukki, The day of Nuutti is when christmas celebrations and preparations starts. In Christmas "Santa Claus" visits homes and gives gifts to kids who are good and twigs to those who are bad. Modern style Santa Claus with red clothes etc is not old custom here, i believe american style Santa became here sometimes in 60´s or 70´s

Here is more northern beliefs of Santa, Odin based
Odin-Santa

edit on 30-10-2013 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Is this something that needs more re4search into? Maybe the legend of father xmas holds some grain of truth to it?

It seems you are spot on with your mood....
Its a story from that place called imagination. My opinion is that threads like this should not be in the ufo/alien forum. The topic is ridiculed enough already. It would be better served in the ATS skunk works forum or the folk tales and urban legends forum.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

What? Did you even read what I said?

Here is a clue, this is a great song by the Stones, they are singing about who I am talking about and the lyrics are right there on the screen.

edit on 30-10-2013 by LoneGunMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Its funny.. people today with all the technology to learn, don't. Instead they make things up and ask if its possible.

It is no wonder jesus turned water to wine and walked on water... they didnt even have the internet to google 'jesus hoax' in those days..

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

SecretKnowledge

It seems you are spot on with your mood....
Its a story from that place called imagination. My opinion is that threads like this should not be in the ufo/alien forum. The topic is ridiculed enough already. It would be better served in the ATS skunk works forum or the folk tales and urban legends forum.

I disagree. fairies in relation to aliens are discussed and I show that father xmas also has similarities to aliens. YTes, the similarities are distant, but are still there nonetheless even though the caricature of father xmas has been co opted and turned into the image and concept we have today. I like the poeter's post above that shows a connection to a godlike figure - Odin - and that is exactly my point. The original 'person/alien/god/thing' comes from ancient beliefs and tales, and these could have some bearing on fact given our ancestors understanding,l or misunderstanding.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dollukka

GREAT post. Thankyou.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I enjoyed the contributions to the thread - I did not know it was intertwined with paganism.
I've also heard other, very similar, explanations on this particular topic. S&F! hope others can add on to this topic of what they know or believe

~Sovereign

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Last year I told my son who was misbehaving at the time. "If your naughty Santa will know and you wont get any presents"

My son: "How will he know"?.

Me: "He can see you".

My son: "Where is he then I cant see him".

Me: "Erm he can see through the walls"

My Son: "How"?

Me: "Erm".

By the end of the conversation Santa ended up with an invisibility cloak, he could fly,see through walls, walk through walls. I kind of turned Santa alien-ish. My son loved it and laughed but didnt believe a word of it. Ha.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:44 PM
link   
No father Christmas was actually a mushroom eating Siberian or something, the reindeer liked the mushrooms too (flying reindeer) yeh I'm sure lol www.cannabisculture.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
You could ask that question on a higher level also. Is the concept of Santa Clause (US version) is some way related to the philosophical concept of some outside force coming to save humanity?

My intention was to relate the term to what we know about "cargo cults," and ETs, but the ugly face of religion appeared to remind me that it has a finger in the human myth-forming kettle also. In sum, it looks like the human animal has great expectations but with little outlay or exertion. Humans evidently have an entitlement complex.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:19 PM
link   

taoistguy
There are many allusions to father xmas being alike to an alien.
He flies around the sky in a 'magical' chariot. He has 'little people' who are not human helping him. He magically enters the bedrooms of eople while they sleep. He can somehow manipulate time in order to travel the whole world in 1 night. He lives in a secret base at the north pole.

Tell me first who father xmas is and I will tell you second what a funny 'allusion' is.

top topics

join