It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rogers: Obamacare Website Has ‘A Completely Unacceptable Level of Security’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   
So, in their rush to get healthcare.gov up and running by Oct.1, they skipped doing end-to-end security testing of the entire website. In so doing, Sebelius and Obama have left vulnerable to even low-level hacking attempts, the personal, confidential and financial data of any and all users of healthcare.gov.

Has the website been hacked already...and this information stolen? Probably.
Would Sebelius tell us if it had been? Probably not.

How can they be so careless with the lives and well-being of those they claim they wish to help; those who blindly go to them seeking help...only to find their privacy and security carelessly and needlessly neglected and exposed?

www.youtube.com...

The chairman of the House Intelligence Committee accused Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius of putting private information of Americans at risk by failing to properly test security measures in the troubled Obamacare website.

“This is a completely unacceptable level of security,” said Rep. Mike Rogers (R., Mich.) at a hearing of the House Energy and Commerce Committee, adding that if the website is not functioning, “you know it’s not secure.”

Sebelius said testing occurs regularly, but told Rogers she would get back to him on whether any end-to-end security test of the entire system has ever occurred. Rogers responded that he knows there have been no such comprehensive security tests.

freebeacon.com...

“High risk”: Document shows HHS launched ObamaCare website without end-to-end security testing

Via the WFB, if you watched this morning and were wondering what Mike Rogers was looking at while he was grilling Sebelius on site security, here’s your answer.

The Sept. 27 memo to Medicare chief Marylin Tavenner said a website contractor wasn’t able to test all the security controls in one complete version of the system.

Insufficient testing “exposed a level of uncertainty that can be deemed as a high risk,” the memo said.

The memo recommended setting up a security team to address risks, conduct daily tests, and a full security test within two to three months of going live.

“High risk,” but they launched it anyway. The result: A flaw in the password-reset part of the site that would have made it unusually easy for hackers to fool the site into letting them log on as other users. “

hotair.com...
edit on 30-10-2013 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Does it require people to provide personal details like bank account info, credit card numbers, home address, etc.?

If so that's deplorable that it went live without security testing.. bad Obama! (it's so easy to say and so resonant with everyone's sentiment).

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
uhuh...what is missed..... or was it by design...?

this whole obamacare fiasco just keeps hitting new lows....

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Sean Hannity will have Rogers on tonight's show to reinforce the revelation...the best hope of truly waking-up 99% of Americans of how big a con-man Obama truly is...

Today, Rush Limbaugh "planted the notion on America" of Obama doing a complete and total 180 on Obamascare...I thought is was unusual proclamation before the the OP story broke today.

Stay tuned...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Is this at all freakin surprising? I can't make up my mind, are THEY really some kind of freakin uber evil geniuses OR just fabulously incompetent? Do me a solid my brothers & sisters, which is it?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by HUMBLEONE

As ATS members and the talk show hosts are current drilling-down, this is all planned to be a huge failure so SINGLE-PAYER System gets implemented ASAP.

Obama has said that 100 times on video and recordings since 2006.

Checkout Sean Hannity's website:
Sean Hannity

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

NewAgeMan
Does it require people to provide personal details like bank account info, credit card numbers, home address, etc.?

If so that's deplorable that it went live without security testing.. bad Obama! (it's so easy to say and so resonant with everyone's sentiment).

As I understand it, you have to 'sign up' before you can find out what your costs and, if any, credits will be. This includes SS numbers, full names, addresses, probably phone numbers and certainly email addresses.

Fully enough to have fun with identity theft. And you just know that the first people trying to get on there were the most desperate and least computer-savvy.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

The Obamacare website has been hacked. Hackers have also setup dummy sites to gather your info. I even saw an ad in the local Thrifty Nickel paper to call this number to signup for Obamacare. I dialed the number and it didn't have good audio quality. It reminded me of early VOIP. The lady that answered simply answered "Obamacare hotline" . Think that was fake?

Its an flipping feeding frenzy for scammers, hackers, conmen, flakes, and crooks. Great idea Big O.
edit on 30-10-2013 by whywhynot because: sp

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

Im not even sure why the Obama Administration bothered with the website at all.. All they need to do is contact the NSA to get the relevant personal medical information.

Aside from that if hackers are able to access the information then I think the Administration should face charges.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
They arent worried about the security on the website probably because they dont have to get obama care, if they were forced to get it like the rest of the people and their information was in there you bet it would be more secure. And if peoples information does get accessed would that violate hippa regulation? and if so who is responsible for that?

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   

whywhynot
Its an flipping feeding frenzy for scammers, hackers, conmen, flakes, and crooks. Great idea Big O.
edit on 30-10-2013 by whywhynot because: sp

A perfectly transparent description of the Obama administration itself.

posted on Nov, 10 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

" Rogers: Obamacare Website Has ‘A Completely Unacceptable Level of Security "

Thats OK , Obama just Hired a New Financial Adviser to Fix Everything ..........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

LOL. It's funny 'cause it's true.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Zanti Misfit
reply to post by IAMTAT

" Rogers: Obamacare Website Has ‘A Completely Unacceptable Level of Security "

Thats OK , Obama just Hired a New Financial Adviser to Fix Everything ..........

i297.photobucket.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Yeah, it seems the mentality is to throw money at everything. Take a look at what 3 guys did in just a couple days at no cost to the taxpayers.

www.theblaze.com... cost-to-taxpayers/

So they sat down and made a functioning site in a couple of days. For nothing. AND it doesn't require any personal info to see the available policies.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Khaleesi because: (no reason given)

top topics

join