It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden: US And UK 'Hacked Yahoo And Google'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

British and US intelligence agencies have tapped into key communications links from Yahoo and Google data centres around the world, according to a Washington Post report.

The programme is said to collect data at will from hundreds of millions of user accounts, including from Americans.

The Post cited documents obtained from former National Security Agency (NSA) contractor Edward Snowden and interviews with officials.

Snowden: US And UK 'Hacked Yahoo And Google'

I must say i have never really trusted that Google and Yahoo where in anyway secure nor am I surprised by this revelation but the more that comes out in regards to this whole scandal the more apparent it is that the whole corrupt system needs to be changed and the laws that permit spy agencies to conduct these acts tighten up.

The whole thing is just wrong.

Anyway thought it would be worth shearing

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Just saw this on Washington Post
Link

This will be debunked and forgotten in a week. Too bad.
edit on 30-10-2013 by Agent008 because: linkFix

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

they monitor the internet on a level above Google or yahoo
snowden doesn't know anything
he has had no valuable info yet he is an asset

this world was 1984 in 1984 we are now 30 years past their wildest imaginations

the government has had access to anything you have ever typed into a computer ever always

the only question is why and how much longer we will put up with it

what is their end game why do their even want to monitor everyone all the time it isnt for our protection

????????????

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Hey CIA, Am I eating a ham and cheese on rye with mayo or Little Debbies "Mini Frosted" chocolate covered donuts?

I'm sure somebody there knows the answer.

Fine example of our tax dollars obviously being put to good use
edit on 30-10-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
honestly how come there weekly new revelations coming from Snowden if he made a deal to keep his mouth shut in return for asylum?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   
i don't care if they are snooping on my emails, all they are going to find in there is a whole lot of spam mixed in with jokes and those infuriating chain messages people constantly feel the need to send me...

what i do care about is that they think it's perfectly acceptable to do this and on such a huge scale... the world really is getting closer to becoming an Orwellian nightmare of epic proportions and it really disgusts me that those who care about such things as privacy, civil liberties and freedom seem to be in the minority because none of the people i interact with on a daily basis give a damn about any of it, they just seem to accept that this is the way of the world and put it out of their mind...

the world is a very frustrating place

edit on 30/10/2013 by Ph03n1x because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Ph03n1x

So it begins....

After my previous post my interwebs cut out for about 3 minutes, So, I went out for a smoke. I guess they didn't like Little Debbies, "Mini Frosted" chocolate covered donuts..?

Too bad!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I can't say I'm very surprised by this little nugget of news - even before all of the Snowden/NSA leaks and revelations of recent weeks came to light. Infact I recall such surveillance being an issue in the past, with the U.S. government wanting records and databases from major ISP's. Perhaps those earlier requests of info were just merely for public consumption on the matter, as they clearly wouldn't need such permission to get that information now. But whose to say or know at this point? I'm only speculating.

Part of me wonders if these particular NSA leaks concerning Google and the like won't be forgotten too soon as they are relied on to provide services to millions - if not billions - of people at this point; alot of money is involved. And I imagine business would suffer if you couldn't guarantee the safety and security of your product (in this case computer data). And big corportations don't like anyone messing with their profit margins.

I'm actually quite interested to see how this one will play out.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Senduko
honestly how come there weekly new revelations coming from Snowden if he made a deal to keep his mouth shut in return for asylum?

Because he allegedly gave all the information to the Guardian ages ago. So the guardiana is sifting through the stuff and then drip feeding it. This way it keeps people coming back to reading their news stories. If they just released it all in one clump, people would simply grab it all and then have no real reason to return.

It's being sensationalised by the media though. Don't believe everything you read.

He also allegedly said he has other information. But he is keeping it to himself as security, apparently.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
It wouldn't worry me if they are reading my E-mails. Every letter, that spells every word I have ever typed into the pc is true. Alien's working in hospitals is true.

Just like everyone, we just have to get on with it! Be aware though ... this world isn't what you think!!
Main thing is get your children educated and don't leave anything to chance.

An alien Doctor once told me that if you feel a cold sore coming up on your lip put an ice cube on it and it will go away! A few weeks ago I sensed a cold sore on my lip and dismissed it. There was nothing there. A week later there it was and I was stuck with it for about a week until it went away on its own. Point being listen to your gut instincts!!!

hx

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Is anyone surprised?

Does Snowden have some sort of schedule to release a varation on basically the same news, every week?

We get it.

Big Brother is watching us.

*flips bird*

edit on 1-11-2013 by GluteusMaximum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Senduko

I have been wondering the same thing. Where exactly are all these leaked documents? Weren't they given to higher ups in other countries? Who is leaking the leaked documents and why are they dribbling the info out?

When I first heard leaked documents, I thought there might be a dump site where we could all access them. Uhm, NO. Someone else is leaking them, at least that's the impression I get. I think Snowden is far removed from the leaking at this stage.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   

the laws that permit spy agencies to conduct these acts tighten up.

Yes that will stop them.

The whole thing is just wrong.

No it is not nice of them at all.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

GluteusMaximum

Is anyone surprised?

Does Snowden have some sort of schedule to release a varation on basically the same news, every week?

We get it.

Big Brother is watching us.

*flips bird*

I believe it is The Guardian (and maybe another newspaper/news organization) that is releasing the docs/info in a dribbling fashion - not Snowden.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Riffrafter

Yes, thank you, I had also just read other posts in here saying the same thing.

So can we conclude that the media is playing a little game when they are saying "Snowden this, Snowden that....."?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

GluteusMaximum

Yes, thank you, I had also just read other posts in here saying the same thing.

So can we conclude that the media is playing a little game when they are saying "Snowden this, Snowden that....."?

Yes. But it is understandable because his name is so recognizable. If they were to say "The Guardian this, Guardian that..." it wouldn't get nearly the headline attention.

To be fair to The Guardian, I believe they are dribbling out the info at least partly because they have to wrestle with their own gov't (UK) regarding "classified info" and I'm sure they are also sensitive to the fact that some of the info could put people in danger either directly or indirectly so I'm sure they are vetting the hell out of it before publishing.

As a news organization they are in both a great position and a terrible position but I'm sure they wouldn't trade it for the world...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 09:48 AM
link   

My point is that they make it look like they are in direct contact with Snowden and that he shows them something every week.

It's dishonest.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

GluteusMaximum

My point is that they make it look like they are in direct contact with Snowden and that he shows them something every week.

It's dishonest.

Ah, I see. Good point.

I have no idea of the level of contact (if any) between The Guardian & Snowden currently.

Maybe someone else here has more info on this and can illuminate us.

umm...so to speak...

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
If they just asked for my email password along with a decent reason, id give it up for free.

FREE

Im glad IM PAYING for all these illegal, unwarranted intrusions into my personal life data.

Its like a hyped up mega version of the USA's ESTA program. where you cant go to the states unless you pay (only with a credit card of course) for a vesa and data search to show you are not a terror threat - sweet deal at only 14$ per person.
edit on 1-11-2013 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They hack into systems? What ever happened to just knocking on the front door of Google and asking them politely with a warrant that they will now require all the info of every user they have? Why do it so shady-like? What are they plotting? You don't just act rashly for nothing, there's a reason behind all of this and it's not standard procedure and I'm pretty confident it has nothing to do with terrorists. Maybe they are playing sheep herding.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join