It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA pushed 9/11 as key 'sound bite' to justify surveillance - 27 pages of NSA canned responses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Step right up folks and set your sights on the 27 pages of canned responses created especially for the MSM in response to the Snowden affair. 27 pages you ask? Hey does the government do anything small?

A letter accompanying the documents notes that the talking points “are prepared and approved for a speaker to use and do not necessarily represent what the speaker actually said at the event.”

The National Security Agency advised its officials to cite the 9/11 attacks as justification for its mass surveillance activities, according to a master list of NSA talking points.

The document – obtained by Al Jazeera through a Freedom of Information Act request – contains talking points and suggested statements for NSA officials (PDF) responding to the fallout from media revelations that originated with former NSA contractor Edward Snowden.

Invoking the events of 9/11 to justify the controversial NSA programs, which have caused major diplomatic fallout around the world, was the top item on the talking points agency officials were encouraged to use.

The talking points document advises officials to emphasize the word “lawful” when discussing NSA surveillance programs, and to state that “our allies have benefited … just as we have.”

Does anyone here have a favorite canned response or two? If so please share yours.

Those bullet points include “First responsibility is to defend the nation” and “NSA and its partners must make sure we connect the dots so that the nation is never attacked again like it was on 9/11.”

Revealed: NSA pushed 9/11 as key 'sound bite' to justify surveillance
edit on 30-10-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

My particular (non)favorite is G W Bush against the world.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Dear Mr.NSA man,

If 9/11 is being used to justify the surveillance programs then why did your ECHELON System that was in place before 9/11 not prevent the attacks.

Sounds like your making excuses for spying on everyone.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   
At this point, wouldn't doubt it. If they knew, due to all the spying even then, why did it happen? Conveniently stand down.

William Cooper Predicts 9-11
Can't find Osama, really? But CNN did!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Bassago
reply to post by elouina

My particular (non)favorite is G W Bush against the world.

Oh Gawd. I literally threw a large book at the teevee when I heard this one. Scared my kids half to death with my swearing at this lousy piece of dung too. This isn't how leaders talk, it's how bullies talk.

It really fries my butt that we're paying for his security; once they've been charged with war crimes in any criminal court in the world, you'd think that 'security' wouldn't be a great idea anymore from the citizen's point of view.

new topics

top topics

join