It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. spies listened to pope

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well, why would the NSA care to catalog communications from the Vatican?

I have thoughts about that. Money laundering? Some had money on the next Pope in Vegas?

That is crazy that there were categories for: threats to the financial system and foreign policy objectives????

Maybe all those theories about the Vatican are true.

I read a crazy book about ten years ago called, "God's Banker". If you ever get a chance, read it. Enthralling.

Panorama said the recorded Vatican phone calls were catalogued by the NSA in four categories - leadership intentions, threats to the financial system, foreign policy objectives and human rights.

Benedict resigned on February 28 this year and his successor, Pope Francis, was elected on March 13.

"It is feared" that calls were listened to up until the start of the conclave that elected Francis, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, Panorama said.

The magazine said there was also a suspicion that the Rome residence where some cardinals lived before the conclave, including the future pope, was monitored.

Link
edit on 30-10-2013 by GrantedBail because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

The Catholic Church is the richest entity on the planet and the Pope holds sway with around 1 billion followers so I'd imagine he would be the top of anyone's list for people to spy on.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Spookybelle
reply to post by GrantedBail

The Catholic Church is the richest entity on the planet and the Pope holds sway with around 1 billion followers so I'd imagine he would be the top of anyone's list for people to spy on.

Correct, imagine being a fly on those walls, access to people with such HUGE POWER!

I just feel that the other people doing the spying, are probably not seeking to use the data for the good of the world, rather there own I'll gotten gains and advantage!

And, like the Vatican doesn't have spies of its own anyway...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Sorry dude,

I hate when people do this but.

Already posted by khimbar earlier today NSA Tapped the Pope

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sorry dude!! I alerted on myself. I have been lurking on and off all day. I missed it. Must have sunk like a rock. Must admit I didn't do a search. Bad girl, GrantedBail

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

OtherSideOfTheCoin
Sorry dude,

I hate when people do this but.

Already posted by khimbar earlier today NSA Tapped the Pope

Indeed!

Closed!

top topics

join