It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pa school vows to take anti "I (heart) boobies" fight to the SUPREME COURT!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
These folks have lost in court time and time again. They just can't get the message that they're fighting a losing game against a popular cause and against the people's right to freedom of speech. They must have loads of cash laying around if they can afford to keep paying their lawyers to keep beating this dead horse.

A Pa school district had a ban in place against the "I (heart) boobies" rubber bracelets when two girls decided to violate the ban on the school's breast cancer awareness day. The girls were disciplined and took their case to court and won time and time again, beating every appeal the school could throw at them.

Pa. school district votes to appeal ‘I (heart) Boobies!’ bracelet ruling to Supreme Court

The court battle between two girls and their Pennsylvania school over “I (heart) Boobies!” bracelets could be settled by the U.S. Supreme Court.

The Easton Area School District board voted 7-1 Tuesday night to appeal a federal appeals court’s decision that rejected its claim the bracelets are lewd and should be banned from school.

“The Third Circuit Court has compromised administrators’ abilities to intervene in what is and what is not appropriate in school,” he said.

School district solicitor John Freund said the district had the backing of the National School Boards Association and the Pennsylvania School Board Association. He said they and other organizations are “concerned about the implications of a hyper-sexualized environment,” The Express-Times reported.

Washington Post

The board voted 7-1 to waste their time on this fight. Only one member had the sense to vote against, saying it was time to let this go. How disruptive can these tiny little bracelets be in the school anyway? From the way these folks are reacting, they must expect anarchy to break out at any second.

edit on 10/30/13 by FortAnthem because:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

OMG If I was a parent and tax payer. I'd order the school to stop spending tax dollars.

I'd raise hell for sure.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Whats wrong with these anti-mammary monsters? Who hates boobies? It's un-american!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

They must off forgotten the golden rule of being a teenager, whatever they tell you not to do, make an extra effort to do it anyway.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Just seem's futile to fight the truth.

Hardly a person i know who doesn't Heart Boobies! Only one way to change their minds, WET T-SHIRT CONTEST!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
It makes me all warm and fuzzy inside knowing that these idiots (the school) has excess money to take these girls to court while other schools in the country are falling apart at the seams. Someone needs a swift kick to the rear and have some of their funding cut for such idiocy.

I know plenty of schools that would love a fraction of the money these idiots are wasting to actually fix major leaks in their roofs, non-working toilettes, water fountains etc.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There's such a war on boobies. Maybe if these tards spending loads of money focused on removal of the root causes of breast cancer, such as banning BPA, wait no let's spend money needlessly!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Tacky and inappropriate. Society has erased proper boundaries.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   
...what's the old saying... the definition of stupidity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result ...

that being said if these people are leading by example what kind of an education can these kids look forward to?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Bewbs ftw
edit on 30-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

AfterInfinity

Bewbs ftw
edit on 30-10-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

Lol, new school mascot anyone ?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
My daughter, age 13 and in 8th grade, was made to take hers off and told not to wear them again.

I think the issue here is about the age and immature nature of the kids at this age. And probably not knowing its about breast cancer awareness.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

dashen
Whats wrong with these anti-mammary monsters? Who hates boobies? It's un-american!

the only thing more American than loving boobies is apple pie.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 05:50 AM
link   

tinker9917
My daughter, age 13 and in 8th grade, was made to take hers off and told not to wear them again.

I think the issue here is about the age and immature nature of the kids at this age. And probably not knowing its about breast cancer awareness.

This is exactly it. School is not the place for these items. And this is part of the problem with the education system to begin with. Instead of a place where discipline is king it has turned into "Johnny wants a mohawk and we just have to let him express himself". School isn't about expressing oneself it is about acquiring an education. It doesn't matter what or how socially conscious the article in question may be.

As it is people are finding that they don't have the common sense to dress appropriately for the various events they are attending. I just went on a double date with my own cousin. I told him dress casual, mind you he is meeting the girl for the first time. So he shows up in jeans and a white undershirt. I am just like wtf? Might as well have shown up wearing pajamas or sweat pants. And then can't figure out why she wont return his calls. It is sad really when grown people can't figure out how to dress themselves. And it all starts with knowing what you can and cannot wear in school. and understanding there are consequences for not.

The ability to express oneself is a right but it is also a responsibility. Want to get a tattoo, get a mohawk, or wear rubber bracelets with statements of immaturity on them, fine. But do not expect me to feel sorry for you when you can't get a job or get suspended from school for doing so. You aren't special, you chose those outcomes when you decided to express yourself without considering the consequences when doing so.

This isn't really about the school wasting money defending it's position. It is all about the parents of this child proving that their child is special and that the rules do not apply to her forcing the school district to waste it's time and money defending it's position.

edit on 31-10-2013 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I can't even take this topic serious. Its comical to me. Whats next boys wearing I heart testes bracelets to school to bring awareness to testicular cancer?

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   
It may be for breast cancer awareness but it is inappropriate in a high-school setting.

posted on Nov, 1 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
The thing about schools, they have been steadily over the years become less about education and preparing young minds to deal with real life, and more about indoctrination into the nanny state mentality. Ever since big bro got it's sticky fingers into the pie, been downhill since then.

There are way better ways of raising awareness than running around with stupid bracelets with immature slogans on them anyways. It's nothing more than marketing, plain and simple. Someone is making money off all these stupid things.

top topics

join