It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gamers neet to give Wii U a chance. Wii U is under rated and overlooked.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The Wii U is the best system I have ever owned, and yes we all know that PS4 is a powerhouse and up and coming great console. However all gamers should give Wii U a chance, and NO I am not talking about the in store demo stations. You can in no way get the Wii U experience unless you are at home and online with the system.

Backwards compatible right off the bat. All Wii Remote Plus controllers work with the system, Wii games work as well. The Wii U also upscales your Wii games to 1080p. Allot of gamers dumped their Wii, but in doing so missed some great games that are available for next to nothing on Ebay, and gamestop. My top Wii games are. Super Mario galaxy 1 and 2 (they were groundbreaking at the time of release), Zelda Skyward Sword, Sin and Punishment, Mario Kart, Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy. All of these games alone are worth having a Wii U for if you no longer have a Wii, I cannot say enough good about Super Mario Galaxy. It is just plain fun!!!

The gamepad for Wii U is great. Allot of games offer the option of having your HUD on the gamepad which cleans up your screen for a more imersive experience, and also games like Assassins Creed 3 on the fly weapons switch. The online two player experience for BOPS2 is amazing, two players one room both online with their own screen. The gamepad also is great if someone wants to watch TV and you want to keep playing your game. No prob just tap a button and boom gamepad only, and your TV is free. If you find the gamepad play not for you, well switch it to HUD only and use the classic controller which feels like a 360 controller.

Online with Wii U. Playing games online with Wii U is free. No membership etc. TVii online function is better than most Ipad apps, Youtube is MUCH better than my Smart TV or PC. Google Street view is amazing with the gamepad. All in all Nintendo has finally done online right.

Most importantly the games. Wii U finally has a great library of games. If you have not see the Wii U version of Deux Ex Directors cut and how the gamepad makes the game the "definitive" version, well you really need to watch this.......www.youtube.com...
Rayman Ledgends once again the "definitive" version is on the Wii U as well as Splinter Cell Black List, Trine 2 and Need for Speed Most Wanted.
Zombi U, New Super Mario Bros 2, Nintendo land, Zelda Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, Lego City, Sonic Lost Worlds, all great games out now that you can not play on any other console. Also Mario 3D land looks pretty freaking cool.

I really like the Wii U and hope at least some of you will read this and give it a chance. I am going to pick up a PS4 this Holiday too, but I am still glad I have a Wii U, and do think too many people judge it without giving it a real try. Amazing and great system! $299 with Zelda Wind Waker that is a great deal!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The only thing nintendo ever has going for it, is first party titles.

Every other game that isn't, is either a poorer version of whats out, or an older game in general that has already seen a console release on better systems.

The remote is cool, but gimmicky, yet seems perfect to go to the can with...

As a gamer I have a wii U, for first party titles like Zelda, Mario, Metroid, something the Wii U has yet to have a major release for (Lugi world, and Wind waker don't count) Mario 3d world I will be getting.

BUT by know measure is the WII a must have for serious gamers, its a nostalgia buy for those that remember a nintendo childhood (a market they know well and is their bread and butter.)

ETA: And like me, if you really love going to the can and playing your game, PS4 will have the same feature with the Vita.
edit on 30-10-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

As I see it the Wii U is a console for the family and casual gamers , unfortunately for owners of the console its lifspan will be short once the XBone and PS4 are released , I think the recent price cut gave it a reprieve but the writings on the wall .

The only way I game now is on the PC as it is still the best platform for games , I will never own another console .

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Isnt the Wii-U just a slightly upgraded GameCube?

Like the Wii was...

Planned Obsolescence is heavy on Nintendo's business model.

Planned Obsolescence Wikipedia reference:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Planned_obsolescence
en.wikipedia.org...

Look at how many versions of the DS there are.

Same technology with slight upgrades. All carefully planned.

edit on 30-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added link description

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Why worship false idols when we have the light of GabeN?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I named several games that Wii U has the "definitive" version of. Deux, Need For Speed, Trine 2, Rayman, all better on Wii U. In fact Need for speed has PC graphics. Not the PS360's. Yes it has some great first party titles. Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2, Donkey Kong, 3D Mario World, all slated for release before May. But I also included titles, Zombi U, Pikmin 3, Nintendo Land, Sonic, Wind Waker, that are out now and Only on Wii U. So in fact there are some superior titles on Wii U, and then some striped down versions of games too. That is why I own 2 systems. PS3 AND Wii U. If the Wii U version is better I get it for Wii U, and if the game is better on PS3 I pick it up on that. I will do the same when PS4 comes out too.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Nintendo should be offering the old game libraries for free as incentive to buy and play new nintendo products.

Everyone is doing it through homebrew anyway. Why not make an official Emulator and rom channel.

The Greed and Lunacy is ruining anything fun that ever existed...

Project $10, look at that up...

Extra Credits, Season 1, Episode 10 - Project Ten Dollar
www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9mWo58safY
www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: added video

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AbleEndangered

No the Wii U, is much more powerful than GameCube, and it is also much more powerful than the PS360, HOWEVER not nearly powerful as PS4 and One. The Wii U uses a much more modern Tech than last gen. Also the Wii U has 2meg ram of which 1.5mb can be used for games and the other .5 is the OS, where as both PS3 and 360 had 512k shared for games and the OS. The PS4 has 8MB of ram which is killer. Even so the gap between Wii U and PS4 will not be nearly as great as the gap between Wii and PS3. Wii was just about 1.5 more powerful than the Gamecube.

Honestly I do not even consider XboxOne a contender for my game dollars, as I do not want a Spybox in my house that can recognize who is in the room at any given time, and I do not like their first party as much as Sony and Nintendo.

Here is a decent article that explains how much power the Wii U has better than I.
www.gamefaqs.com...
edit on 30-10-2013 by kurthall because: added

edit on 30-10-2013 by kurthall because: added

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kurthall

Don't waste your money on any of it!!

Your not gonna miss out on anything...

Video Gaming has evolved into Billions if not a Trillion Dollar Market...

Now, more money is being spent on advertising than development.

I remember when you went to the store and bought a game and it was the full game forever!!

Some great free patches and expansions on PC platform.

Old school Nintendo was epic. NES, SNES

They started that planned obsolescence with N64 and that Ram pak for Donkey Kong country and Star Wars Pod Racers, Rogue Squadron and perfect dark....

SNES - 100 Super Nintendo games in 10 minutes!
www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjak4ByHnco
www.youtube.com...

Parents Upset Over New Nintendo Console - Super Nintendo - Circa 1991
www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTzyz2TgGls
www.youtube.com...

-Albert Einstein
You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.

edit on 30-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: additions

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
"Isnt the Wii-U just a slightly upgraded GameCube? "

What do you think the PS3/X-box 360/Ps4/X-box One are? lol

Nothing revolutionary about them, just shinier graphics.

posted on Oct, 31 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tehdouglas

I never played a PS3/Xbox-360/PS4 or Xbox-one....

You tell me!

I know they are all pretty much customized mass produced mini PC's with a streamlined Operating system (most the time).

Never played a wii-u, never will.

I did buy a PS2, and I swore I would never buy another console again, and haven't.

I had to send my brand New PS2 back to Sony 3 times because it wouldn't play a brand new copy of Tekken Tag Tournament, or the PS2 version Haf Life.

My version of the PS2 wouldn't play blue disks.

Each time I had to mail it back insured, and they sent it back each time in worse condition. 3 times.

After the 3rd time they called it a lemon and offered me a refurbished one that did play the discs with blue bottoms or backs.

They knew the issue the whole time.

Mailed Tekken to Namco, they sent it back, no replacement or re-imbursement.

They burned a good customer...

PS4's are being produced with free intern labor for North American Christmas...

Imagine what shape those are in.

Warranties and refunds are awful now!!

30 days, if that on store refund.

Would have to spend 20 bucks more for store 3 year warranty to take it back worry free.

If it was the End of the World, would you want to have spent your last days playing video games??

The game is how much money can the video game companies get from consumers!!

edit on 31-10-2013 by AbleEndangered because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   
I love the Wii U. Nintendo in general put out fantastic quality games, the only downfall being is that they spend a long time in doing so. Mostly this is to ensure you're getting the best quality product but considering how long they've worked on some projects, you wonder if there isn't a little bit more they could be doing to speed the process up a little.

I own every mainstream console going at the moment (with exception to the PS4), and it saddens me that the Wii U is the "underachiever" and that no-one gives it a chance, citing it as gimmicky and childish.

I think the Gamepad is brilliant, and while you don't need it for every game, the implementation and uses of it in some games is perfect, and almost indispensable.

They said the same thing about the 3DS, and it's become the best selling gaming device of the year. Even the Wii U sales picked up. So don't count your eggs just yet, I think we're still yet to see great things all round, and I am just as excited for it as I am about more 'powerful' machines.

top topics

join