It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HOAX Compilation Thread

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

there's enough evidence disproving meier's claims to say it's a hoax.

tacks on ufos, sears catalogue model aliens, toy ray guns etc.

ATS takes the stance that Meier is a hoaxer. Thus, he'd make the list.

Remember, this is a list of things that members can look at to see if what they are about to post is going to wind up being moved to the hoax forum.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Are you not going to add "beforeitsnews" to the list?
edit on 30-10-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Crakeur
reply to post by twitchy

the list, as requested by members, is to help those that post things on the site, other than a bi-annual whine about what isn't allowed on ATS, to avoid putting up something that is known to be a hoax.

Oh, I get it.... it's so ATS can decide the validity of information for us, rather than go through all the trouble of critical thinking and discussion; you know, figuring it out for ourselves as we did for years. The list, 'as requested' I'm sure, by SOME members, will no doubt be very useful to you in that endeavor.
My Bi-annual whine about ATS's mushrooming censorship problems, as you call it, is called opposition crakuer, or is that eventually going to be done away with as well?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

I'd like to propose the Vimanika Shastra. I know that this is not the place to debate why, but i can provide plenty of detail. Hopefully it will not be neccessary tho

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

the six or so items on the list (opening post) are items that ATS has been moving to the hoax forum, pretty much since its inception. Not one of those is new and, if you read the forums, and discussed the topics, rather than stalk the site, waiting to find a new reason to post a complaint, you might have known that.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

What he said!!!(which is what I said before my post was removed). In sort-"Im a big kid now daddy, I can decide for myself what I want and don't want to believe as a good source of information".

I like the ethos of this idea but,.........ah you know what I mean.

edit on 30-10-2013 by Ranong because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I'm a "fan" of some of the work Project Camelot has done....but I'm glad to see Project Serpo is on that list. There were so many inconsistencies in that story that it was an obvious hoax.

The Mr. X interview is what really did it in for me.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

What a valiant effort!

I see where this is going........

What's with the obsession of labeling things a HOAX?

Is it convenient?

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Here is a good resource for known hoaxers, though some are just loons, hence the name of the site. I must say though as a disclaimer, I haven't looked at every name they have on the list since it numbers in the hundreds so I would think that there could be a few that are erroneously listed.

americanloons.blogspot.com...

ETA: Just finished give the site another look see and there are some people listed that the author of the site just disagrees with and doesn't really give good examples of why they are hoaxers or loons. Which could make the author somewhat of a loon themselves.
edit on 30-10-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I would like to see Mehran Keshe and his soda bottle fusion reactors and invisible spaceships added to the list:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Please note that we are looking for known hoaxes and hoaxers, not members who inadvertently posted a story that turned out to be a hoax. No ATS members should be listed here, with the exception of those hoaxers who joined here to discuss their claim.

We'll need the link, the perpetrator, if possible, and the verification/proof that the story is a hoax.

Thank you.

Can you explain what this sentence means?

No ATS members should be listed here, with the exception of those hoaxers who joined here to discuss their claim.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

So according to you, by posting my objection to this obvious call for additional censoring by you... I'm 'stalking ATS' and 'whining' eh? Crakeur... lol. I'd expect that kinda personal retort from a noob, not an admin.
I've been with ATS since 2004, and in all that time and in all the material I've contributed here through the years, I don't think I've ever been more insulted and consequently more concerned for this site. I'd love to continue posting material here, but what's the point if YOU are the one deciding what's valid and what isn't? Isn't that OUR job?

TheNewSense
reply to post by Crakeur

What a valiant effort!

I see where this is going........

What's with the obsession of labeling things a HOAX?

Is it convenient?

Hell yeah it is.

edit on 30-10-2013 by twitchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Great idea!!

What about GodLikeProductions [GLP] ??
To me, they kinda fall into the Sorcha Faal category.
But that's just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewSense

The Haiti UFO hoaxer, for example, joined the site to discuss the hoax (he outed himself and provided a ton of proof that it was him). I don't recall his username

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

twitchy's only topic - censorship on ats.

here's the thing, nobody's saying things can't be discussed. nobody's censoring anything. members have been asking what topics/stories are in the hoax section and what topics get moved there.

last time I checked, the hoax forum posting was open for business which would mean that people could discuss the topics which would mean that they aren't being censored.

Again, if you read the site, instead of just complained about censorship on ats every 6 months, you might know that. hell, you might even learn that we've loosened up a bit in a few other areas.

but you aren't here to talk about that. you just come here to post your bi-annual complaint.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   
www.naturalnews.com...

I think Natural News should be banned.

It over exaggerates and pretty much Anti-Science.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

luciddream
www.naturalnews.com...

I think Natural News should be banned.

It over exaggerates and pretty much Anti-Science.

Although I agree with your assessment of the Natural News site, there is a difference between a hoax and willful ignorance. Sadly, Natural News is the latter.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
The only person I can think of that should be labeled a hoaxer is Orly Taitz.

She has been at the forefront of the Obama birth certificate issue and is a complete fraud. (That's not saying that Obama is not a Kenyan-born anti-colonialist).

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Who cares.

Is this your hobby or was there an official ATS meeting about it?

You know with the robes and all.

posted on Oct, 30 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TheNewSense

Man, don't you know.......they don't wear robes at the ATS board meetings! They get private access to Bohemian Grove, run around naked and give praise to the giant owl and their freemason-satanic overlords!

I almost had video proof of that, but the new mods were in charge of security and Wrabbit kicked me out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join